Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ Flames 9pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Figured I would start this up. Hopefully the rest helps and gets their minds ready for the push to the playoffs.

Crow not making the trip and has not skated. UBI, Concussion?

16-19-81
72-15-88 (25 skating in his spot)
12-86-14
11-22-65

25 sitting?

2-4
43-7
52-57
32-55

Which pairing plays, 52-57 or 32-55?

33 is starting.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Those are the lines they were running an practice.

Kane was given the past few days off to make up for the ASG, good idea.

TY.

I'd like AA to maybe get these couple of games to rest, but you meant Kane was resting. I'm OK with that.
And would much rather see either TVR and Gus, or Gus and CE. No Rosy. Give the guy a break. He can't play 20+ mins per game anymore.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'd assume the 52-57 pairing is in. Q seems to hate Ehroff (for some reason), and TVR hardly ever sits. So when I start making the GDT in a few hours, I'll probably go under the assumption that the old guys are sitting out.

Also, Kruger's back! So happy to know we have someone besides Toews that can win a faceoff.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Was worried this was tonight for a second.

:laugh:

Why? Just an excuse to drink away the sorrows of a loss to a pretty bad Calgary team, if that were the case, on Friday. You get to recover from it for two days afterwards! Unless of course, you're forced to drink away the sorrows of a loss to a mediocre, at best, Vancouver team the next day. Then it's a rough weekend. Good thing they're gonna win tomorrow and Sunday. :nod:

:laugh::laugh:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Well, there's no date in the title or OP, so I thought it was today.

IU plays tonight, so lots of drinking was already gonna happen.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Getting hard to predict a Hawks win in any game, against any opponent!

That top line combo has done nothing. When you look at those 3 guys it should work, its been very dissapointing.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Thanks to the mod who put my GDT on a minor vacation. Just realized that I didn't include the little piece of info that the game is on Saturday (not today) and it'd be a pain to fix that detail in binary. :)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Thanks to the mod who put my GDT on a minor vacation. Just realized that I didn't include the little piece of info that the game is on Saturday (not today) and it'd be a pain to fix that detail in binary. :)

Yeah I did not think of putting the date. My bad.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
There's no reason to watch this game when you can just punch yourself in the nuts and save 3 hours.
I disagree, this can go 1 of 2 ways:

1) The 'hawks play like an NHL team and we get to see some good hockey.

2) The 'hawks continue to play like the Indy Fuel and we can watch the macabre slaughter and derive gallows humor from it.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
But what is going on with Crawford? This is the most concerning thing to me at this point. When will he be back?

He is supposed to be back before the playoffs, no?

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
But what is going on with Crawford? This is the most concerning thing to me at this point. When will he be back?

You're never gonna know what's up with him at this point of the season. He could of had his arm amputated and Q would still say he's day to day.

I'm curious if Darling gets both this weekend. If he plays well tomorrow, i'd give him Sunday too if he feels good.

BHFan

Aug 9, 2015

Has there been anything said about when the injury occurred? There was nothing that happened in any of the past games that I could see. Unless it was a small injury that got more serious over time. I'd have a hard time believing it was concussion. We would have seen that in a game. Maybe Erhloff concussed Crawford in practice and that's why he's persona non grata for Q.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You're never gonna know what's up with him at this point of the season. He could of had his arm amputated and Q would still say he's day to day.

I'm curious if Darling gets both this weekend. If he plays well tomorrow, i'd give him Sunday too if he feels good.

Crawfords day-to-day is now at 9 days and counting.

I know you Crawford fans don't want to hear this but Darling has shown us in the past how good he can be when he gets plenty of ice time. Hawks need to play him as much as possible down the stretch.

As for the Hawk team: Yes they had bad puck luck and played a terrible first period vs Stars but I saw definite signs of improved play in the third period. They were coming on pretty strong until Bonehead decided to pull the goalie and create a 150 foot shooting gallery for the Stars.

For all intents and purposes the playoffs start tomorrow for this team. The last thing Hawks want is to play Kings in round one.... and I'm sure Preds feel exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad