GDT: Hawks @ Blues: 7PM Central on NBC SPORTS--EDZO IS BACK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
tumblr_oy00e0d8VJ1w8vvh3o1_1280.jpg

Hawks Projected Lineup:
Saad-Toews-Panik
Hartman-Schmaltz(!)-Kane
Sharp-Anisimov-DeBrincat
Bouma-Wingels(?)-Hayden

Keith-Seabrook
Kempny-Murphy
Forsling-Rutta
Crow
https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/st-louis-blues/line-combinations
Blues Expected Lineup:
Anus Paajarvi - Paul's Nasty - Panarin's BFF
Use the.... - Braiding Schenn - Who the hell is Blais?
Lesser Vladimir - Barber who uses a shiv - Dmitrij likes askin' for things
UPS Hall - Sunkist - Kyle, you ain't my bro, bro!

Edmund's Son - Dammit, now I'm thinking about pie...
His dad is a rifleman - Jenga, Parayko, Yahtzee... All sound the same to me
Dun, Dun, Dunn - Robert Bore Snooze-o
Actor whose only notable achievement is voicing Buzz Lightyear

tumblr_oy00bb5sQe1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

tumblr_oy008jAWCi1w8vvh3o1_1280.png

Note: Edzo is set to do tonight's game and Thursday's game against the Oilers. He is not permanently back, but he has supposedly picked out dates throughout the season where he will try to be in the announcers booth.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Goosh that Edzo clip made me go again.

I'm really glad he is back.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Go Hawks! Good to see Schmaltz is likely back in the lineup. He creates so much more balance in the top 3 lines. Also good to see Edzo back in the booth as he continues to fight the good fight.

Hawks 4-2 against a banged up St. Louis team.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Happy National Pasta Day in Canada and USA...And EDZO back and Schmaltz back ...it should be all goid, right?

I mean ,Seabs will have loaded up on pasta...Kane has run out of excuses for 4 straight lousy games and now he has Schmaltz back at least we expect hom (Kane) to ge interested in showing up for a change,right? AND of course STL will not compete for a full 60,right? AND so alk we have to do is put in another 15 mons of effort and let CC bail us out again. .and bank another 2 points, right?

Of course I would wish this is a buy-in game with full 60 effort from ALL our guys
.but then I remember Q is coaching..and that wishful thinking is not going to materialize ..but if we win with minimum 15 mins of "exertion" and caring a crap then be grateful for any win. ..I guess.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hey this is a battle between the No Longer Schmaltzless In Chicago against the Fabriless Blues the game in the city of St.Losers ...

Reactions: Sir Loin

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Excuse my ignorance, don’t know much of schmaltz as a player or recently graduated prospect, but what makes him so good or so guaranteed as a staple in the top 6? Is it his style? He clearly has some chemistry with Kane but why is it so widely accepted that he will center Kane and essentially replace panarin? He only played with Kane for what, two games? Thanks for input!

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Excuse my ignorance, don’t know much of schmaltz as a player or recently graduated prospect, but what makes him so good or so guaranteed as a staple in the top 6? Is it his style? He clearly has some chemistry with Kane but why is it so widely accepted that he will center Kane and essentially replace panarin? He only played with Kane for what, two games? Thanks for input!
Very high skill level, great vision, skates very well, and is solid at both ends of the ice.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Very high skill level, great vision, skates very well, and is solid at both ends of the ice.

This pretty much sums it up. He was a projected top 10 pick in 2014, I believe, but don't remember why he fell. Injury maybe, or at the time, his lack of defensive prowess? His playmaking ability and vision are elite, IMO. He's deceptively fast, similar to McDavid, where it's long, powerful strides and then he's past you before you know it. Has good finish when he chooses to shoot, and has great hands. As Hawkaholic said, he's also a solid two-way player, not just an offensively talented player, at this point in his career. He seems to have developed the defensive side of his game very well.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Schmaltz has improved a ton. If you had seen either of his games this season, you wouldn't be asking that question. He's easily supplanted Anisimov and his upside is through the roof. 2 way player, no less. Very skilled, very fast. Needs to defer less. Could be better from the dot. Am splitting hairs.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This pretty much sums it up. He was a projected top 10 pick in 2014, I believe, but don't remember why he fell. Injury maybe, or at the time, his lack of defensive prowess? His playmaking ability and vision are elite, IMO. He's deceptively fast, similar to McDavid, where it's long, powerful strides and then he's past you before you know it. Has good finish when he chooses to shoot, and has great hands. As Hawkaholic said, he's also a solid two-way player, not just an offensively talented player, at this point in his career. He seems to have developed the defensive side of his game very well.
From what I remember, he was considered a very inconsistent player when he was younger. There would be games where he looked elite and then games where you could see a lack of effort. That was the biggest knock on him going into that draft.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
From what I remember, he was considered a very inconsistent player when he was younger. There would be games where he looked elite and then games where you could see a lack of effort. That was the biggest knock on him going into that draft.

This is what I remember as well. He was looked at as a boom or bust pick with questionable work ethic. Which is crazy to think of now, because since he's been in our system he has made huge strides each year.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Schmaltz was considered a top 10 talent but was enigmatic. He dominated a few international competitions but disappeared at time during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad