Have you seen this trade offer in the Trade Section?

Terrible Trade

• Yes

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
If I was Holland, when this team falls out of the playoff race, I'd call Zetterberg and say:
"Z. You don't have many years left in the NHL. Tell me how you want to spend them. If you want to stay and be a leader to the young kids for a struggling team, you can do that. If you want to go try to win a cup somewhere and finish on top, I'll do my best to make that happen for you. It's your call Z."

I'd live with the cap penalties or whatever.
Mike Green - trade him. Hell, I wouldn't even wait for the deadline. He's hot as hell right now. Don't risk him getting injured or cooling off.
Howard - One of them needs to go by January. If it was me, if Howard stayed hot, it would have been a great opportunity to move him. Lots of teams have goaltending issues. But he wasn't good against Tampa and he allowed 3 goals on 5 shots tonight so... He's reverted to being an immovable contract.
Nyquist - Gus Nyquist is a UFA after next season. I mostly like Nyquist as this team needs a player capable of slowing things down and possessing the puck in the Ozone. But Nyquist isn't far from unrestricted free agency and I think you have to at least explore what he can fetch in a deal.
Kronwall - If Zetterberg decides he wants to go, I think you should have the same kind of convo with Kronwall. You probably won't get more than a 3rd rounder for him, but who knows. Remember Douglas Murray was traded for 2 2nd round draft picks? He was out of the NHL 14 months later.
Frans Nielsen - Ditch this contract any chance you get. Teams need a center.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMule93

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's cool.

If I was Ken Holland I'd retire to a beach somewhere to drink and do a bunch of drugs hanging out with ladies of the night until my body couldn't take it anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad