Have you seen this trade offer in the Trade Section?

Terrible Trade

• Yes

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wings Trade:
- Zetterberg
- Green
- Mantha
- AA

Habs Trade:
- Galchenyuk
- 2018 1st
- Juulsen
- McCarron
- Shaw ($1M retained for the next 2 years)
- Davidson

Key points:

- Wings get the much needed cap space they need and multiple young assets to help the rebuild
- Habs get the top 2 center we are looking for. Zetterberg from age 37-40 but who knows if he plays in the last two years where his salary drops to $1M
- Main parts each team gets: Galchenyuk, 2018 1st, Juulsen, McCarron = Zetterberg, Mantha, AA, Green (one year)
- Habs add about $5M in salary while the Wings save $5M (+/-)

Fair trade and how do the Wings fans feel about it?

Posted by a MTL fan no doubt!

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Ken Holland has only made 3-4 roster player-player trades during his entire tenure. Contemplating any roster player-player trade is unnecessary, it is not going to happen.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean it's terrible for a million reasons and it's terrible for both teams.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Yea it's terrible. What's worse is that it was posted by a mod who has called people trolls, haters, Pejorative Slurs and stated that he doesn't need to explain any reasoning on why the Wings should do this trade. It's really just laughable at this point. Any actual arguments were just completely ignored.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I saw the trade thread, opened it and saw the offer. Assumed that OP was trolling and went on with the day. Didn't want to spend the day arguing about it either.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Setting the legacy of Z aside this looks pointless for both team. I like Galchenyuk but would rather see what Mantha and AA have in store.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Zetterberg and green for galchenyuk 1st and Jul wouldn’t be terrible. Mantha and aa for nobodies is awful

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
if we're clearly out of the playoffs, I honestly wouldn't mind trading Z at the deadline if it meant we could get a first+. no idea what his value is though, guess it depends on how his season goes. He could be a great addition to any contender.

wouldn't mind trading anyone away that's not named Larkin/Mantha as long as we get a good return. Its what we really need to rebuild. Unfortunately most of them are untradeable due to terrible contracts.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Oh boy. That's bad. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Montreal either, but Wings get completely shafted.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ken Holland has only made 3-4 roster player-player trades during his entire tenure. Contemplating any roster player-player trade is unnecessary, it is not going to happen.
Wrong man try more like 21 trades over his tenure as GM with the Wings, But he still has made the fewest trades of all the current GM's in the league. Holland is the least likely GM to make a trade but he's made far more then the 3-4 you're claiming.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I always just ignore trades by Montreal fans. I almost never see one that resembles fair. Then when you say so they just trash your players (that they want). It's pretty annoying and this trade is a good reflection of that. I'm surprised there's even 1 vote that said it's fair...

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I counted 21 player-player trades in 19 years at service. Learn the history better.

http://nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Ken_Holland/138/1
List em for me. I don't see em.

I see a bunch involving players who haven't played in the NHL, or some where the player never played for the Wings in the NHL. I also wonder if you're counting the cap dump of Datsyuk for Vitale. Seems like you are.

Point is, I don't see many player for player trades where both teams got an NHL player. Definitely not 21 of them.

Reactions: avssuc

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
This is a trade Mike Milbury and Rejean Houle would't even make.

I wouldn't mind prying Galchenyuk from them. I think he would benefit from a change of scenery and it sets the table with Larkin, Gally and Ras (he'll be decent!) down the middle.

Z and Green only makes sense for them as supplements for a Cup run, and we know that ain't happening. They would also be trading two pivots from a team with poor depth at center. What good is Shaw other than being Brendan Smith's punching bag? I could go on ripping this disconnect with reality.....

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Total waste of time. AA for ? is actually worth discussing. This other things completely unreasonable, too many moving parts.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I think he would benefit from a change of scenery and it sets the table with Larkin, Gally and Ras (he'll be decent!) down the middle.
Galchenyuk isn't a center. He can't play center. If he did Habs fans wouldn't be so desperate to trade him.

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
I think it would benefit Detroit. Galchenyuk is more suited to play right wing and has scored 30 goals .

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The trade has two primary sticking points:
1) How you view Zetterberg and his legacy as a Wing.
2) Mantha

Green, despite how valuable he is to this roster, is a movable piece. The kind of asset he can potentially bring back could help set the team up for the next 10 years, assuming it's a nice draft pick or promising prospect. And AA is a dynamic young asset that I'd like to see become a Haglin for this team, but the interpersonal relations may not make it a good fit.

Rather than muddy things up trying to trade 4 significant roster pieces for a bundle of assets coming back, reduce it to those 2 and you might find a deal worth making that doesn't have so many moving parts.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Wrong man try more like 21 trades over his tenure as GM with the Wings, But he still has made the fewest trades of all the current GM's in the league. Holland is the least likely GM to make a trade but he's made far more then the 3-4 you're claiming.
Roster for roster player trades.

NOT TRADES IN TOTAL please read again.

Roster-Roster ie. a roster player exchanging from each side. (Prospects and draft picks don't count)

Please show me these 21 trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad