Hat trick for Pastrnak

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That's a great point because there was definitely a time where people felt he'd have the offensive game but be too small to muck it up in the corners and play a complete two-way game. He's such a different player than he was even two years ago, it's 100% his own hard work dedicating himself to adding the size he needed to play on both ends of the ice. Now instead of being a defensive liability he's a legit defensive contributor to the best two-way line in hockey.
I think playing with Bergy and Marchand have helped his defensive play. The offensive skill was always there.

Playing with Bergeron is a major bump to anyone's development. He thinks the game of hockey better than anyone in the league.

Reactions: Ladyfan

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Filling out is something else. But growing?? I personally don't know anyone who gained an inch past 18-19. Meanwhile I've known many people, girls especially, who stopped growing (gaining height) around 12, 13, 14 (mainly the taller ones).

Again, growing up, I've heard that some guys keep growing till about 25... That, from experience, is an urban legend. (Although I've read that growth plates don't close until the age of 24.)

Meanwhile this sounds fairly reasonable:

When do boys stop growing: Height, genitals, and what to expect

The cases of boys growing beyond the usual age have more to do with a later onset of the puberty rather than 21 being a normal age to still be growing at.

My husband wasn’t 5’ his freshman year, was 5’11” his senior year at 18. He topped out at 6’4”. His younger brother was about 6’2” at 18 and grew to just shy of 6’8”.

Genes and starting puberty later are factors. Maybe the Bruins are identifying late bloomers when choosing the smaller players.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
But one of those teans ghat blew a 2- lead was coached by...... Bruce Cassidy.
Man you really have a thing about Cassidy. That was what 15 years ago, Cassidy has been great for the Bruins. He is way better then Julien in the new game of speed,grit and teaching the young guys on the fly. All he did since taking over is bring them back to life. As a Bruins fan I cannot be happier with him, he is totally out coaching the 8 million dollar over hyped Babcock. Maybe Datysuk and Lidstrom made him look good all those years.

Reactions: HuskyBruinPride

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Better yet Heinen went from 5'5" to 6'1 in a year after he was drafted. He was basically on no ones horizon playing in the BCHL.

Pasta is on a great contact but that whole line is signed till 2020 for under 20 million, let that sink in

Yeah, I do think there is a pattern here of Bruins trying to find late physical bloomers and crossing fingers.

Reactions: FanSince72

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Filling out is something else. But growing?? I personally don't know anyone who gained an inch past 18-19. Meanwhile I've known many people, girls especially, who stopped growing (gaining height) around 12, 13, 14 (mainly the taller ones).

Again, growing up, I've heard that some guys keep growing till about 25... That, from experience, is an urban legend. (Although I've read that growth plates don't close until the age of 24.)

The cases of boys growing beyond the usual age have more to do with a later onset of the puberty rather than 21 being a normal age to still be growing at.
Apparently I just grew up with a lot of late bloomers? LOL

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
That's strange. I don't know personally know anyone who was still growing in height past 16 or 17, and even that was rare.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I shot up from 5 foot to 5 8 from 15-18 and then gained another 2 inches from 19-25 and now stand at 5'10", a lot of it is genes and when you intake your activity and what kind

Not to mention , standing differently. If you work on posture it will stretch your spine to its correct position and give you more height

Pastrnak needs to work on his legs and core though, if he gets harder to knock over he'll score another 10-20 points a year

On a similar topic, the Bruins definitely do identify physical late bloomers

They selected Heinen in part because they met his dad and remarked how big he and his hands are and noticed Heinens were big for his size (I think he was 5'10 or 9 and 167 when they drafted him) and he's added an inch or two and a lot of weight since then

Reminds me of loui Eriksson the way he plays and they're about the same size and build to boot

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Absolutely stunning game from Pasta but the Leaves being invisible on D had a lot to do with it as well.

nashnaidoo

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2004
Oh, okay, makes more sense now.

17 is still a growing year for most, but I'd wager most people, guys included, grow very little if any past 18-19. Except for folk suffering from acromegaly who just keep growing and growing until one day, they trip over something, fall down and die.

And (maybe) guys who undergo the HGH therapy.

I grew 2.5 inches after high school (from 5'11" to nearly 6'2"). I occasionally hear the remark from high school friends that they don't remember me being as tall as I am, which is true. Now that I'm getting old I'm starting to shrink though.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That's strange. I don't know personally know anyone who was still growing in height past 16 or 17, and even that was rare.

One of my brothers went from 5'10" to 6'2" when he was 18. Over the space of one summer.
One of my nephews added 6"s over a year and a half between 17-18.
I'm 6' but was probably around 5'9" when I was 12 and never had that late spurt. Neither did my other grown nephew nor one of my other brothers.

It happens though. I've seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->