Hat trick for Pastrnak

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Almost everyone passed on him. I think he got an injury his draft year and a lot of teams passed him over.

He’s the one good thing Chiarelli did.

Sweeney was the head of player development which I think included all the scouting staff.

But yeah, Pasta was viewed as undersized, slightly soft and had injury concerns. He was like 5'10 163 lbs when drafted. Kid definitely put in good work to get to 6'1 200lbs. Not that the height was work but putting on 40lbs and keeping your speed is.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I'm just really happy to see Pasta get the attention he deserves. Kid is a total stud and still only 21. One of the best young wingers in the game no doubt.

Reactions: FanSince72

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
Sweeney was the head of player development which I think included all the scouting staff.

But yeah, Pasta was viewed as undersized, slightly soft and had injury concerns. He was like 5'10 163 lbs when drafted. Kid definitely put in good work to get to 6'1 200lbs. Not that the height was work but putting on 40lbs and keeping your speed is.
That's a great point because there was definitely a time where people felt he'd have the offensive game but be too small to muck it up in the corners and play a complete two-way game. He's such a different player than he was even two years ago, it's 100% his own hard work dedicating himself to adding the size he needed to play on both ends of the ice. Now instead of being a defensive liability he's a legit defensive contributor to the best two-way line in hockey.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That 3rd goal was sick pretty and made the Leafs so bad on that play.

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018

So uh... He's grown three inches after 18? That sounds strange and pretty unbelievable.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
So uh... He's grown three inches after 18? That sounds strange and pretty unbelievable.

"he is an undersized winger standing 6'0" tall and weighing in at 168 pounds"

Sorry, shoot me. Growing 3 in after 18 isn't totally crazy though. My friends brother went from like 6'1 to 6'5 from age 17-21.

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
"he is an undersized winger standing 6'0" tall and weighing in at 168 pounds"

Sorry, shoot me. Growing 3 in after 18 isn't totally crazy though. My friends brother went from like 6'1 to 6'5 from age 17-21.

Oh, okay, makes more sense now.

17 is still a growing year for most, but I'd wager most people, guys included, grow very little if any past 18-19. Except for folk suffering from acromegaly who just keep growing and growing until one day, they trip over something, fall down and die.

And (maybe) guys who undergo the HGH therapy.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
He’s always been clumsily creative. Below the dots, he’s tried everything once. When he tries that between the legs crap near the blue line is where Bs fans lose their minds.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Ummmmmmm, males in general are typically not done growing and filling out until 21. There's your physiology lesson for the day. :) females 're done by 15-17 in case you were wondering.

Filling out is something else. But growing?? I personally don't know anyone who gained an inch past 18-19. Meanwhile I've known many people, girls especially, who stopped growing (gaining height) around 12, 13, 14 (mainly the taller ones).

Again, growing up, I've heard that some guys keep growing till about 25... That, from experience, is an urban legend. (Although I've read that growth plates don't close until the age of 24.)

Meanwhile this sounds fairly reasonable:

When do boys stop growing: Height, genitals, and what to expect

The cases of boys growing beyond the usual age have more to do with a later onset of the puberty rather than 21 being a normal age to still be growing at.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Biggest steal of 2014 imo.

Would imo go 1st overall in a redraft.

Also, likely on one of the best contracts in the league along with Chef.

Reactions: FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Better yet Heinen went from 5'5" to 6'1 in a year after he was drafted. He was basically on no ones horizon playing in the BCHL.

Pasta is on a great contact but that whole line is signed till 2020 for under 20 million, let that sink in

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He’s always been clumsily creative. Below the dots, he’s tried everything once. When he tries that between the legs crap near the blue line is where Bs fans lose their minds.
Yet all those attempts lead to him perfecting it, gotta try and learn and adapt. That is what is great about Cassidy he lets them have a bit more leash then Julien who would just bench young guys.

Reactions: TCL40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad