has the rest the U20 USA team been named?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
usa hockey hasn't official announced any additional players since the preliminary roster...the rest of the roster was supposed to be named dec 2nd so i don't know what the hold up is

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Canadian said:
Was Ryan Kesler named already?

Yes.... he was named (along with Dustin Brown) back when USA released their initial roster with I believe 16 players on it.

so, if there is one spot still left it isn't for Brown because he is already there, if he isn't released then a spot will open up, same for Kesler

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
TMHUNH said:
Yes.... he was named (along with Dustin Brown) back when USA released their initial roster with I believe 16 players on it.

Where is this roster? I can't even find it on the USA Hockey site. Thanks.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
USHR.com has some info on who it seems will be added to the roster.They're going with 12 forwards and 8 defensemen. In addition to those already named, Danny Richmond and Dylan Reese have been added on defense and Danny Fritsche and Brady Murray have been added at forward. The remaining spots at forward will be taken by two of Jake Dowell, Drew Stafford, and David Booth with the first two being the favorites.

IMO, the two most surprising omissions are Hugh Jessiman and Rob Schremp.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
USHR.com has some info on who it seems will be added to the roster.They're going with 12 forwards and 8 defensemen. In addition to those already named, Danny Richmond and Dylan Reese have been added on defense and Danny Fritsche and Brady Murray have been added at forward. The remaining spots at forward will be taken by two of Jake Dowell, Drew Stafford, and David Booth with the first two being the favorites.

Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with Richmond, Stafford and Booth. Any info on Dowell and Reese? I'm still perplexed by the Schremp omission. I hope a decent reason is offered by USA Hockey in the near future.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
cagney said:

the preliminary roster includes Dustin Brown and Ryan Kesler and as far as i know the kings and canucks have not agreed to make them available yet...so that could open up 2 additional forward spots

puck bunny

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
NYR469 said:
the preliminary roster includes Dustin Brown and Ryan Kesler and as far as i know the kings and canucks have not agreed to make them available yet...so that could open up 2 additional forward spots

Does anyone know anything about Brad Murray? Who he plays for? Size Weight all that? HE wasn't ont he preliminary roster was he?

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Any info on Dowell and Reese?

reese was picked in the 7th round by the rangers this summer...offensive dman on the smallish side (5'11 195), currently a freshmen at harvard

last years playing for pittsburgh forge (NAHL) scored 41 points in 56 games...was alternate captain as the forge took home the regular season crown, playoff championship and USA Hockey national championship, and was named to the NAHL All-star squad and NAHL Dman of the Year

here is a quote from the forge's former gm

“Dylan was Pittsburgh’s franchise player and quite arguably the best defenseman coming out of Junior Hockey,†stated former Pittsburgh Forge and current Youngstown Phantom Rockets General Manager Jason Koehler. “ The Rangers truly selected a player with a tremendous amount of dedication who will only continue to improve.â€

here is one article on him from draft time

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/highschool/hockey/s_141239.html

i believe that kevin constantine was his coach last year and i remember reading an article with him raving about reese, but i can't find it

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Rabid Ranger said:
Thanks for the info. I'm familiar with Richmond, Stafford and Booth. Any info on Dowell and Reese? I'm still perplexed by the Schremp omission. I hope a decent reason is offered by USA Hockey in the near future.

Here's the thread on the Schremp omission. Not shockingly, money and politics have to do with it, apparently.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=32980

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Jozeph_Balej said:
why Hennessy don't play for the US squad ?
that's what i'd like to know. after starting off slow, i bleieve he is now 9th in Q scoring. what gives? any info, or ideas as to why he is not on the club?

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
puck bunny said:
Does anyone know anything about Brad Murray? Who he plays for? Size Weight all that? HE wasn't ont he preliminary roster was he?

Do you mean Brady Murray? Brady Murray plays for the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. He's 5'9 and 180 lbs. And no he was not on the preliminary roster since he was originally going to represent Canada. He is second in team scoring with 15 points in 11 games.

uw15

Apr 10, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:

Dowell is an excellent 2-way Center. He's already the guy at Wisconsin that Eaves has on the ice for all the big faceoffs at the end of the game. He's also probably the top Penality killing forward on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad