Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Who is writing him off?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

There are only two options, generational talent and written off as a hockey player?

People in this thread have implied that he’s not a leader, based on not doing well in this series and also on “dodging the media.” I’ve seen it in this thread, as I’m sure you have. That’s all I was pointing out. That those types of posts are “ridiculous.”

Maybe I should have multi-quoted all the dumb posts. Next time.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The rest of Canada understands that the Leafs have the biggest market, what leafs fans don't understand is that their market isn't bigger than all the other Canadian markets combined, yet the coverage is so slanted toward Toronto you would think they did.
No, ut it means they should be #1 in coverage.

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
Toronto made their Bed by pining all their hopes on an American to be their C. That was a Hasty decision. He does not have the Playoff Drive.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Toronto made their Bed by pining all their hopes on an American to be their C. That was a Hasty decision. He does not have the Playoff Drive.
Leafs don't have a captain. How can you criticize the Leafs for naming him captain when it has never happened?
Not "Hasty" if they did not do it.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
He has, but I'm sure he expects more too.
Surprised no one wants to talk about Bergeron, being nominated for the Selke again-of course not.

The Grim Reaper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Tonight is an elimination game, very telling. I hope Matthews proves most posters wrong and finally steps up.

Last edited:

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Elliott Friedman just said that after Game 4 Mike Babcock challenged Auston Matthews to be better and "no double, Matthews didn't like how it was handled."

Auston's mad!

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It's not 2019. It's 2018. 2018-2004 is 14. Don't teach if you don't understands.

What on earth didn’t you understand about what I said.

I said the soonest time to the leafs can win a playoff series if they don’t come back versus Boston, is 2019.

Which means it will be a MINIMUM of 15 years since you’ve won a series since the last time you won was in April 2004 first round over Ottawa. Which was fourteen years ago. But you won’t be able to win a series this fall or winter, (as the playoffs are in april every year)...so assuming there's no comeback it’s going to have to be in 2019 and that's at the earliest. So nothing I said was Incorrect.

But I won’t be rude to you and say something trivial and incorrect in more ways then one such as “don’t teach if you don’t understands lol.”

Still love the avatar regardless. Those eyes light up my day.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
They were excited. Can’t blame them. It just feels stupid to write him off this quickly. And using the media avoidance feels like a lazy narrative.

Who’s writing him off completely.

They’re just saying he’s not generational.

Edit- someone else replied saying the same thing.

It seems like an overreaction one way or another.

For instance if he gets a goal and an assist tonight he will be back to being god ...lol.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
MOD- tried double quoting in my phone and it failed apologies.

Probably because several Leaf fans scoff at the notion that Eichel is a comparable player to Matthews and pretend that Matthews is somehow on another level and closer to McDavid than Eichel? Seems pretty obvious why he's being brought up.

Yup.

In fact after tonight eichel will have as nany points as eichel in as many games. (64 in 67) should this be Matthews last game this year, and gets no points.

On a last place team that has scored almost a hundred goals less.

Leaf fans like to pretend it’s because he plays with Hyman and Nylander yet eichel plays with girgensens and the ghost of pominville.

Or because he gets two mins more ice time or number one pp unit.

YET, over 75 percent of his points are even strength and primary over 45 of his 64.

They don’t mention Matthews gets to play versus weaker opposition then eichel because the leafs have more depth and eichel faces all the tough competition.

If anything it can be argued eichel is better.

But to say they aren’t in the same tier or to claim Matthews’s is closer to Connor is the funniest thing since aniishloombas avatar. Lol

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
MOD- tried double quoting in my phone and it failed apologies.

Yup.

In fact after tonight eichel will have as nany points as eichel in as many games. (64 in 67) should this be Matthews last game this year, and gets no points.

On a last place team that has scored almost a hundred goals less.

Leaf fans like to pretend it’s because he plays with Hyman and Nylander yet eichel plays with girgensens and the ghost of pominville.

Or because he gets two mins more ice time or number one pp unit.

YET, over 75 percent of his points are even strength and primary over 45 of his 64.

They don’t mention Matthews gets to play versus weaker opposition then eichel because the leafs have more depth and eichel faces all the tough competition.

If anything it can be argued eichel is better.

But to say they aren’t in the same tier or to claim Matthews’s is closer to Connor is the funniest thing since aniishloombas avatar. Lol
Jesus. Unless you are related to Eichel please stop

Reactions: Magnificent Matty

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Who’s writing him off completely.

They’re just saying he’s not generational.

Edit- someone else replied saying the same thing.

It seems like an overreaction one way or another.

For instance if he gets a goal and an assist tonight he will be back to being god ...lol.

Ya I’m with you there

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
Who cares about Eichel. He's irrelevant playing on a joke basement team his whole career. They're destined to stay there. He'll probably finish his career with 0 playoff points... unless he leaves there

Reactions: William Faulkner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->