Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You are wrong.
Rielly is so underrated on here it's not funny.

You know I've never said anything about Reilly before this series started cause I never saw him play enough to make a judgement. Now that I've seen him for 4 of the most important games of his career I now realize that he's like a lot of other Leaf players, immensely overrated.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You know I've never said anything about Reilly before this series started cause I never saw him play enough to make a judgement. Now that I've seen him for 4 of the most important games of his career I now realize that he's like a lot of other Leaf players, immensely overrated.
Like Marner.
Every Leaf player is overrated! Did they finish bottom 5 this season because they must be pretty bad with all these overrated players.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Like Marner.
Every Leaf player is overrated! Did they finish bottom 5 this season because they must be pretty bad with all these overrated players.

Marners overrating has just begun. A 60 point soft winger on the level of Eberle will soon be pitched as one of the best players in the game today. Better than Pasternak, Seguin, Panarin, Kuznetsov etc etc will be said.

Oh and yeh the Leafs have good players and a good coach. It's why they aren't bottom 5. This still doesn't mean Matthews is generational, this still doesn't mean Reilly is a number 1 D,

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Marners overrating has just begun. A 60 point soft winger on the level of Eberle will soon be pitched as one of the best players in the game today. Better than Pasternak, Seguin, Panarin, Kuznetsov etc etc will be said.

Oh and yeh the Leafs have good players and a good coach. It's why they aren't bottom 5. This still doesn't mean Matthews is generational, this still doesn't mean Reilly is a number 1 D,
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
In what world is Marner soft? Have you watched him this playoffs?
There are threads comparing him to Yakupov on here and Leaf fans were proven right about Marner, but they are overrating him?

Reactions: 99664987

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Most of today's Leafs fan have Canada's biggest telecoms company telling them how much better they are than everyone else. They don't need to understand the game :laugh:

As far as Matthews goes his production is not where it needs to be for the Leafs to have a hope of winning. But that is because of Chara and McAvoy, not because he isn't playing well.

This Matthews' introduction to playoff shutdown (the Caps don't have anyone near Chara/McAvoy) and he clearly is a bit shell shocked.

He is way too good to be worried about him longterm. He'll figure it out.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Most of today's Leafs fan have Canada's biggest telecoms company telling them how much better they are than everyone else. They don't need to understand the game :laugh:

As far as Matthews goes his production is not where it needs to be for the Leafs to have a hope of winning. But that is because of Chara and McAvoy, not because he isn't playing well.

This Matthews' introduction to playoff shutdown (the Caps don't have anyone near Chara/McAvoy) and he clearly is a bit shell shocked.

He is way too good to be worried about him longterm. He'll figure it out.
Complete, tired myth. SN told Leaf fans Bruins were better before the series started. They even played the 2013 collapse over and over.
When will this myth end? Do you guys actually watch SN or TSN?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Complete, tired myth. SN told Leaf fans Bruins were better before the series started. They even played the 2013 collapse over and over.
When will this myth end? Do you guys actually watch SN or TSN?

Seems to me that TSN is constantly harping on the Leafs and Matthews. It’s ridiculous how much attention is given to one team considering they are a “national” broadcaster. I guess you mercifully have missed most of it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Seems to me that TSN is constantly harping on the Leafs and Matthews. It’s ridiculous how much attention is given to one team considering they are a “national” broadcaster. I guess you mercifully have missed most of it.
That "National Broadcaster" is a private company that can show what they want. I always laugh at people who want Rogers to show less Leaf games. Ok, are you going to pay 5,2 Bilion for the TV rights?
Leafs pay the bills. People don't want to admit that though.
These private companies have every right to get their investment back.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That "National Broadcaster" is a private company that can show what they want. I always laugh at people who want Rogers to show less Leaf games. Ok, are you going to pay 5,2 Bilion for the TV rights?
Leafs pay the bills. People don't want to admit that though.

That’s not the problem most people outside or Toronto have with TSN. If they want/have to show Leaf games, then fine. But don’t pride yourself on being “Canada’s sport’s leader” and a “national broadcaster” if you are just gonna show and discuss the Leafs and no one else.

Reactions: Fairview

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
That’s not the problem most people outside or Toronto have with TSN. If they want/have to show Leaf games, then fine. But don’t pride yourself on being “Canada’s sport’s leader” and a “national broadcaster” if you are just gonna show and discuss the Leafs and no one else.
They don't only discuss the Leafs and you know it. And why can't they call themselves Canada's sports leader? It's advertising.
I get tired of the whining from people who do not understand broadcastinhg sports is a business.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Well it goes like this...
Bergeron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Matthews
Bergeron's probably the best center in the league. People just concentrate too much on the offensive part of a centers game. Mcdavid, Crosby and Mackinnon are probably there with him right now on that level.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
They don't only discuss the Leafs and you know it. And why can't they call themselves Canada's sports leader? It's advertising.
I get tired of the whining from people who do not understand broadcastinhg sports is a business.

They predominantly discuss the Leafs and you know it. They waste people’s time with ridiculous junk like Marleau’s son trying to steal Marner’s girlfriend. The ONLY reason TSN sees that as “news” is because it involves Leaf players.

They call themselves “Canada’s sports leader” but act largely like a local Toronto sports station, sure they sprinkle in some other teams from time to time.

But alas, this is far off-topic.

Reactions: Fairview

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They predominantly discuss the Leafs and you know it. They waste people’s time with ridiculous junk like Marleau’s son trying to steal Marner’s girlfriend. The ONLY reason TSN sees that as “news” is because it involves Leaf players.

They call themselves “Canada’s sports leader” but act largely like a local Toronto sports station, sure they sprinkle in some other teams from time to time.

But alas, this is far off-topic.
Toronto has the only NBA and MLB team and S.Ontario is home to almost %40 of the poulation. This will happen.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
The rest of Canada understands that the Leafs have the biggest market, what leafs fans don't understand is that their market isn't bigger than all the other Canadian markets combined, yet the coverage is so slanted toward Toronto you would think they did.

Definitely not the Montreal market, but I don't know if English speakers can ever break into it.

The rest of Canada is entirely questionable, the Leafs might honestly be bigger than the other teams combined, just look at the arenas when the Leafs are in town. At best it's 60/40 for the home team and at times it's even 50/50 or 55/45 Leafs.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Definitely not the Montreal market, but I don't know if English speakers can ever break into it.

The rest of Canada is entirely questionable, the Leafs might honestly be bigger than the other teams combined, just look at the arenas when the Leafs are in town. At best it's 60/40 for the home team and at times it's even 50/50 or 55/45 Leafs.
yes there are a lot of Leafs fans, they are clearly the largest fanbase, by a lot. they invade arenas because they are also willing to pay a premium for secondary tickets. Their fan base is huge and loyal. But the media is lazy and focus on them to the exclusion of other markets beyond the scope of the size difference.

A lot of people hate the SN deal, but I love it because SN is dedicated to regional coverage in a way the CBC and TSN never were. (And with all the extra coverage now it's easier than ever to watch out of market games. I wish the regional blackout nonsense would stop though.)

The Leafs should get heavy coverage, and especially now that they are improving and fun to watch. It was much more galling when they got preferential treatment when the hockey was awful and other teams were playing games that mattered.

Reactions: snowkiddin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->