Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
GP: 6
G: 4
P: 5
PPG: 0.63

While Austin had a decent showing last playoffs, he's been held scoreless this year. For such a high calibre goalscorer during the regular season, does Austin have trouble elevating his game for the playoffs or has his team failed to support him?
What? Matthew has been playing. Gee i haven't even notice him yet.

Reactions: behemolari

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bruins fan saying people need to pump the brakes...Matthews was hurt for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if he's not up to the playoff pace. My prediction is the longer the series goes the better he gets.

The other factor is Begeron is ridiculously hard to play against. The few shifts he's had against other lines he has had quite a few chances.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
He said he wasn't going to be close to 100% this season the day he came back from his injury. You can see it in-game, he's stickhandling alright and in the right spots usually but has no power behind his shot.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Looking at Bergeron vs Matthews 5v5, corsi is 6 for Bergeron 7 for Matthews, so Matthews actually winning in corsi. 5 of those 6 corsi are high danger scoring chances though, with Matthews having 0. That's a pretty big issue, when you lose 5-0 in high danger scoring chances 5v5.

Reactions: mammothCacti

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
GP: 6
G: 4
P: 5
PPG: 0.63

While Austin had a decent showing last playoffs, he's been held scoreless this year. For such a high calibre goalscorer during the regular season, does Austin have trouble elevating his game for the playoffs or has his team failed to support him?
He'd be better on a team like the Bruins.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Mixed results if we are to count last year. Probably disappointing if you are a Leafs fan with how the series has gone thus far. He had more shots tonight, but really he has not been too noticeable after 2 games. I do not see desperation in his game where you want the puck, that you will refused to be stopped, he just seems to be going through the motions. When you are noted to be a great player, you have to find a way, Doesn't matter who you play against, the best players all get that treatment. The great players find a way. Matthews is not there yet. After 2 games, he looks overwhelmed this playoffs. I would expect a much better performance on home ice.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He's been COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED. All this hype has been UNJUSTIFIED.

657626662-auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-looks-on.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Same could be said for Bernie MacK imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad