Has Matthews struggled in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
For a guy that has watched Mcdavid all year. Watching Matthews is a huge letdown. Very poor showing so far. Nice timely goal though.

Not that I don’t appreciate his talent, he just not exciting to watch. You can watch him play 3 shifts and not hear his name.

Last edited:

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I love how he plays. Some dinosaurs should stop shitting on the southern teams with gross traditionalist extremist Canadian Stone Age mindset of "f*** growing the game in the desert", without the owners vision and by proxy bettman being the best lightning rod I've ever seen, we see players of this calibre coming out of Arizona and many more in the future. It's only better for the health and quality of the league. I love it!
For a guy that has watched Mcdavid all year. Watching Matthews is a huge letdown. Very poor showing so far. Nice timely goal though.

Not that I don’t appreciate his talent, he just not exciting to watch. You can watch him play 3 shifts and not hear his name.
I think the let down is because many of us let the few extremist leafs homers cloud their vision on what he's really capable on the ice from what was said in the beginning of the season.

I don't think it's Matthews being quiet though, bosston has a sick team and their veterans know how to step up their game in the playoffs. Leafs getting shrek'd and bouncing back like this game will help them with said experience. That being said, leafs winning the cup would spread mass Ebola to all hockey fans for eternity :skull:

Last edited:

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec

I find Matthews pretty exciting to watch in back to back playoff apparence

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He had a tough game 1. Was great in Game 2, better than he was tonight but like he said, shit happens, sometimes you don’t end up scoring despite playing great. Tonight he got the most important goal.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
What a ridiculous thread. Bunch of baboons bashing a 20 year old kid in his second year in the league for ONLY getting 5 goals in 9 playoff games.

Matthews is a stud plain & simple, not even looking at stats, just watch him drive the play and make positive plays every time he touches the puck

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
Matthews has 14 shots in 3 games and a beauty of a GWG goal tonight. 5 goals in 9 playoff games so far. Comes up big when it counts!

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

I'm surprised you have any dissapointment left to give at this point.... :P

Reactions: Atomos2

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That’s an odd name

I know, he started out bashing McDavid as well but I think he's grown on him.

Anyways, good bounce back for Matthews and the Leafs I still think the series goes to 6 or 7 games

maxmn

Feb 16, 2013

Guess it's all relative. I watched 97 in last years playoffs and he had zero grit and pretty much a no show. His timid play cost goals. Matthews is a gamer...he plays tough and shows leadership too. McDavid has numbers, but his team is golfing. Maybe they could have won more had he actually supported his team. Seems like he's all about himself. Matthews gets in the dirty areas where McDavid circles away...it's like 97 avoids scrims. Matthews looks tougher and more of a complete player all over the ice.

I remember last playoffs..McDavid struggled with the pace and really fell flat. So ripping on Matthews is pretty odd...considering he scored the GWG and unlike 97...is not on the golf course right now.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Wasn't there someone saying he has psychological problems in the playoffs? Scores the GWG. :laugh:

Uh he was strugglig big time in the first two games, even he would tell you that. Line Being outscored 20-0.

Still has 1 point in 3 games, 2 losses. He's going to have to turn it on big time to give the Leafs any chance.

All the posts and crossbars, and Anderson making that save on an OFF night for the Bruins.

Can Toronto do that every game? Going to be awfully hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad