WC: Has JVR played really poorly in this WCH Tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
This seems very premature based on a small sample size and considering the way these two games went.

A very obvious "hate the Leafs" agenda type post and even though I too hate the Leafs I have a bit more class and tact then attempting such brazen troll attempts. Hopefully the mods shut this unnecessary/baseless thread down quick.

EDIT: aaand he got an assist.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
This seems very premature based on a small sample size and considering the way these two games went.

A very obvious "hate the Leafs" agenda type post and even though I too hate the Leafs I have a bit more class and tact then attempting such brazen troll attempts. Hopefully the mods shut this unnecessary/baseless thread down quick.

OP is a Leafs fan, or at least he posts on the Leafs board a lot.

Not like team USA as a whole has looked good.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
OP is a Leafs fan, or at least he posts on the Leafs board a lot.

Not like team USA as a whole has looked good.

There are plenty of Leafs "fans" who have an agenda to hate the Leafs if that's what you were responding to. My main point remains that the claim is pretty baseless when looking at the big picture of how the team has done and considering JVR has 1 (primary) assist now in those two games that's better than a lot of his teammates anyways.

ForSpareParts*

It's a proper eye test question.

What did you see in his game?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The entire team looked pretty bad i'm not too worried about JVR though. He'll likely be playing with Matthews which should only increase his value

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
He had a point tonight and would have had a point on the waved off goal against Team Europe. Without arguing with the refs call on the latter, that he was noticeable at all offensively says a lot compared to the other forwards.

ForSpareParts*

The entire team looked pretty bad i'm not too worried about JVR though. He'll likely be playing with Matthews which should only increase his value

Oh?

Could be a possible pairing on the Leafs and future USA hockey. JVR is still relatively young.

ForSpareParts*

Yes.

Him along with every single other US player. Not sure why you're singling him out.

It's important to see who might be suited with Matthews and other top line forwards for the leafs and for USA honkey.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Yeah. He's been bad. I hope it's just Tortorella's coaching and rust from not playing for a long time.

But I don't really think that Toronto is interested in trading JVR. He has an NTC now too, so it makes it harder to get full value for him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He fit right in. I thought he looked good the first exhibition game and was pretty much a no show after that which did not surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad