OT: Has anyone sat behind the penalty boxes

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Mods sorry for this but time is of the essence. I have a chance to grab a pair of seats in 106 row 3 seats 5 and 6. Directly behind the opposing team penalty box. Has anyone sat in row 3 behind the box and what did you think of them? I can go for a viewing but they won't have the glass in.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
My work has seats in row 2 and I personally hate them.its really hard to see the ends of the ice. I couldn't imagine having seasons there. I guess if you want to be on TV lol.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I had Moose tickets there last season. They were terrible. It was cool at first being right there and seeing everything going on in the box, but that lost it's appeal very quickly. They were the smallest, most cramped seats I've ever sat in and you couldn't see much on ice unless it was right in front of you. The seams on the glass were exactly blocking the goal area. I would absolutely not recommend them. Maybe for a couple of games just for the experience, but definitely not for season tickets. I ended up switching to the Bud section half way through the season and love those seats.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I had row 6 and it was great. But even though it's only a three row difference I think at that spot it's a pretty big difference so wouldn't put a lot of stock in my opinion! If I recall row 6 was just high enough to be over that glass.

Tombsy

Jun 23, 2011
Mods sorry for this but time is of the essence. I have a chance to grab a pair of seats in 106 row 3 seats 5 and 6. Directly behind the opposing team penalty box. Has anyone sat in row 3 behind the box and what did you think of them? I can go for a viewing but they won't have the glass in.

Are these new seats or upgrades?

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
My friend has seats in Row 1 behind the Penalty Boxes, personally i didn't like it cause its a little to close. But Row 3 might be better. Certainly a different experience, especially compared to my seats in the absolute last row in the building lol. I love my seats!! I would go for a viewing, the glass isn't really an issue at all, just get an idea of watching the game action from that range.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Are these new seats or upgrades?

These are upgrades from 320

My friend has seats in Row 1 behind the Penalty Boxes, personally i didn't like it cause its a little to close. But Row 3 might be better. Certainly a different experience, especially compared to my seats in the absolute last row in the building lol. I love my seats!! I would go for a viewing, the glass isn't really an issue at all, just get an idea of watching the game action from that range.

Row 3 is the first row behind the boxes. Rows 1 and 2 are cut off due to the boxes. I'd be immediately behind an opposing player who got s penalty. Hmmmmmmm ;)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I've sat in Row 1 via the seat upgrade and they were pretty awful. Fabulous for a while watching the Jets warmup and the occasional hit along the glass (beer CAN fly!) but I couldn't see the attack zone worth a crap.

But wait, I'm three rows up you say. Yeah, I sat in row 4 sec 106 for a couple of Moose games and while it's ok I really would have preferred to be higher up for a better view.

YMMV but I'd say pass them along to someone else. Just my opinion. The penalty box seems cool but I bet it wears thin quickly.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
Probably best to pass, unless you want to start being a green man type...

You need to become a green man type!!!

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
As others have said up at the glass is fun for a game but I couldn't handle it for a season. You can't see enough of the play. I would rather have season tickets in the upper deck than at the glass.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I bet you could hear some awesome trash talk at the very least.

I know they would never do it, but if the NHL made raw ice mikes available to those with adult ears I would be all over that ****.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
For the price you will be paying fo those seats, absolutely not worth it. As others have said there will be tons of blind spots. Better off passing and waiting for something higher up.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I was at a game years ago and the Hawks were in town and I was sitting right behind the Hawks bench...got Chelios to tell me to eff off....haha man, did I laugh.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I did pass on the seats thanks to input from many. Thanks!! Mods you can lock if you so desire.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Sat there for a few moose games. They're decent but like some have said, double layers of glass and weird seams. Plus it's awkward cause it's close to the ice but still far enough back that the play is tough to follow in either end.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
You will regret not getting these seats when the glass and netting are replaced by invisible force fields...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad