Has anyone ever played against or with any draft prospects from this year?

CH Wizard

Fedz said:
I've played against:

Ben Maxwell
Zach Hamill [2007]
Brady Calla
Erik Johnson
Ty Wishart
Victor Bartley
Sasha Golin
Mitch Fadden
Erik Felde
T.J. Miller
Ben Street
Marc Cheverie

I also played against a touring Russian and Swedish team in my Bantam year, but I can't find the program for the life of me. They had some very good players. I recognize a few of the names, but can't recall whether they played against me or not.

So who's the best in all this list in your opinion?

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
The Great One said:
So who's the best in all this list in your opinion?

Intrigued, I managed to find some more, mostly for next year.

[2006]

Milos Gordic [BCHL]
Milan Lucic [WHL]
Greg Alexander [WHL]
Justin Taylor [WHL]
Scott Doucet [WHL]
Garet Hunt [WHL]
David Rutherford [WHL]
Mitch Fadden [WHL]
Julian Marcuzzi [NCAA]
Ben Street [NCAA]
Ken Petkau [WHL]

[2007]

Thomas Hickey [WHL]
Curtis Leinweber [AJHL]
Anthony Ferrari [BCHL]
Chris Vandyunhoven [WHL]
Jarret Toll [BCHL]
Zach Hamill [WHL]
Ryan Kerr [WHL]
Kyle Turris [BCHL]
Kyle Szabo [BCHL]
Brian Kang [BCHL]
Max Grassi [WHL]
John Negrin [WHL]
Sam Huston [BCHL]
Evan Pighin [BCHL]
Colton Gillies [WHL]
Brandon Clark [BCHL]
Ryan Pajimola [BCHL]
Jason Reese [WHL] *Always played D*
Karl Alzner [WHL]
Trevor Elias [AJHL]
Mike Hengen [WHL]

[2008]

Colton Teubert

EDIT: Kenndal McArdle [Novice], Matt Glasser [PeeWee], Kris Fredheim [Novice], Gilbert Brule [Atom], Ned Lukacevic [Atom], Devan Dubnyk [Atom], Mike Funk [Novice], Brandon Segal [Camp], Igor Agarunov [Camp], TJ Mulock [Camp], Tyson Mulock [Camp]

Kinda freaky, and sadening as some of these guys I was better than. I really should have persued hockey with more of a passion.

Last edited:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Fedz said:
Intrigued, I managed to find some more, mostly for next year.

[2006]

Milos Gordic [BCHL]
Milan Lucic [WHL]
Greg Alexander [WHL]
Justin Taylor [WHL]
Scott Doucet [WHL]
Garet Hunt [WHL]
David Rutherford [WHL]
Mitch Fadden [WHL]
Julian Marcuzzi [NCAA]
Ben Street [NCAA]
Ken Petkau [WHL]

[2007]

Thomas Hickey [WHL]
Curtis Leinweber [AJHL]
Anthony Ferrari [BCHL]
Chris Vandyunhoven [WHL]
Jarret Toll [BCHL]
Zach Hamill [WHL]
Ryan Kerr [WHL]
Kyle Turris [BCHL]
Kyle Szabo [BCHL]
Brian Kang [BCHL]
Max Grassi [WHL]
John Negrin [WHL]
Sam Huston [BCHL]
Evan Pighin [BCHL]
Colton Gillies [WHL]
Brandon Clark [BCHL]
Ryan Pajimola [BCHL]
Jason Reese [WHL] *Always played D*
Karl Alzner [WHL]
Trevor Elias [AJHL]
Mike Hengen [WHL]

[2008]

Colton Teubert

EDIT: Kenndal McArdle [Novice], Matt Glasser [PeeWee], Kris Fredheim [Novice], Gilbert Brule [Atom], Ned Lukacevic [Atom], Devan Dubnyk [Atom], Mike Funk [Novice], Brandon Segal [Camp], Igor Agarunov [Camp], TJ Mulock [Camp], Tyson Mulock [Camp]

Kinda freaky, and sadening as some of these guys I was better than. I really should have persued hockey with more of a passion.
You remembered all these fellas from your novice days?

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Leachmeister2000 said:
You remembered all these fellas from your novice days?
I'm guessing he was in the same tournament as them or something and has the tournament program. :dunno:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I had to bump this thread because I just realized I played against Trevor Lewis 2 years ago when he played for the Pikes Peak Miners in Colorado. Our AAA team was also based in the Springs and this kid tore it up against us.

I never expected him to get this good as I saw him play in the USHL his first year there and he struggled big time.

I guess I should add Mike Testwuide as well, since they played on the same Pikes Peak team. Testwuide was the better player when I played against them, but I guess that's changed.

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
My high school team played QMJHL prospect Pascal Amyot team Academie St-Louis twice. He only played in one game it was my team's first game of the season and seriously thought we were going down 10-0 after the 1st period. We didn't and tied them. The second game they came back later in the season when they did USA prep school tour and I think it was their last game and I am the manger so when I looked at their lineup he wasn't on there and had only the 2nd to 4th line for the tour. We won that one.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
jlowry_19 said:
i've played against jonathon toews, ryan white, ian duval, kyle okposo, peter mueller, erik johnson, mike forney, and mike ratchuk
Which of those guys "have what it takes" to enjoy a decent pro career in your opinion, after playing against them??

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
TransportedUpstater said:
Nope.

I played against Tim Connolly over ten years ago, that was the only NHLer I remember.

It was a Bobby Orr/Shane Endicott type of talent discrepancy.
Which one were you? So at any rate what your saying is that you were pretty much on his level (as depending on whom you ask, Shane>Orr unless your a homer and then it would be Shane=Orr). Its to bad injuries ruined your once promising career as if you were the Shane Endicott of the junior days you had unlimited potential my friend. I would KILL for the chance at being called Endicott.

And I hope you dont take this as I am mocking you...sometimes stupid humor doesnt translate wel on a message board so please dont take offense at my ill fated attempt at a joke...BTW I've heard Endicott is a master of humor...for proof watch him play. He has us Pens fans in tears (for different reasons)and all opposition (fans players etc.) in tears from thier laughter.

Bryzga lol*

Nobody this year, they're all to young. The only significant player I played against was Sidney Crosby. Playing half a game against him in nets when he played for Dartmouth Midget AAA at 13 years old. I can tell my grandchildren that Crosby scored 2 goals and 1 assist on me in a period and a half :D hahaha

PS: That was the last time I played AAA since I got cut after that tournament ended.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I coached against Blake Geoffrion. I hope the Preds take a flyer on him in the second round, would be a great story...local kid with the Preds.

We used to play pickup games with him at the Sportsplex. He was a fun player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad