Has anyone ever played against or with any draft prospects from this year?

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Well, has anyone ever been on the same sheet of ice playing with or against any prospects in this years draft?

The only one I can think of that I've ever played against is Tysen Dowzak when he played for Fergus Falls.

Transported Upstater

crosby_87 said:
Well, has anyone ever been on the same sheet of ice playing with or against any prospects in this years draft?

The only one I can think of that I've ever played against is Tysen Dowzak when he played for Fergus Falls.

Nope.

I played against Tim Connolly over ten years ago, that was the only NHLer I remember.

It was a Bobby Orr/Shane Endicott type of talent discrepancy.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I used to play with Jonathan Toews waay back when i was like 5 and he was 6. I could hardly skate then, it was my first year of hockey, so i would stand out front of the net and wait for him to get the puck and give it to me and i would shoot and miss. This went on all year till the last game when i scored. LOL

Kirk Muller*

WpgKings13 said:
I used to play with Jonathan Toews waay back when i was like 5 and he was 6. I could hardly skate then, it was my first year of hockey, so i would stand out front of the net and wait for him to get the puck and give it to me and i would shoot and miss. This went on all year till the last game when i scored. LOL

haha, that's a funny story :biglaugh:

jlowry_19

Oct 17, 2004
i've played against jonathon toews, ryan white, ian duval, kyle okposo, peter mueller, erik johnson, mike forney, and mike ratchuk

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
My team played against Erik Johnson, but I wasnt on the ice.
I also played with Goligoski in peewees.

mattlef

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto, ON
www.youtube.com
Mike Mole ( ottawa 7th string goalie lol ) was my Neibour in Orleans, so we played shinny and street hockey all the time. The guys like maybe 2 years older, so we never really played on the same team, but this guy helped me get signed by the spitfires. He basically taught me everything I know now about reading a goalie. mostly because it took me like two weeks to score on'm for the first time, lol.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
TransportedUpstater said:
Nope.

I played against Tim Connolly over ten years ago, that was the only NHLer I remember.

It was a Bobby Orr/Shane Endicott type of talent discrepancy.
So, you have banged up knees too? :biglaugh: :clap:

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
mattlef said:
Mike Mole ( ottawa 7th string goalie lol ) was my Neibour in Orleans, so we played shinny and street hockey all the time. The guys like maybe 2 years older, so we never really played on the same team, but this guy helped me get signed by the spitfires. He basically taught me everything I know now about reading a goalie. mostly because it took me like two weeks to score on'm for the first time, lol.

Signed by the spits? When did you play...recently or back in early 2000's?

red alert 23

Jul 29, 2003
montreal
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I coached against Blake Geoffrion. I hope the Preds take a flyer on him in the second round, would be a great story...local kid with the Preds.

I hope he gets drafted by the Habs ; this way he will continue familly tradition : Howie Morenz , Boom Boom Geoffrion , Dany Geoffrion , and himself
That would be great !

Gainey will make a move so he can grab him just like he did last year by swittching his 2nd round pick with the Rags so he could draft Guillaume Latendresse !

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
mattlef said:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:. Mike Mole ahaha. Man thats a ridiculous name.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
scoutman1 said:
who did you play for...I was at the Canada Winter Games in Bathurst and Campbellton.

I was there as a volunteer...

also remember the Air Canada Cup (now telus Cup) when it was here... what a group

Guillaume Latendresse
Gilbert Brule
Sidney Crosby

man Brule was the real deal

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I've played against:

Ben Maxwell
Zach Hamill [2007]
Brady Calla
Erik Johnson
Ty Wishart
Victor Bartley
Sasha Golin
Mitch Fadden
Erik Felde
T.J. Miller
Ben Street
Marc Cheverie

I also played against a touring Russian and Swedish team in my Bantam year, but I can't find the program for the life of me. They had some very good players. I recognize a few of the names, but can't recall whether they played against me or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad