Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
I never knew this. Thanks
In 2019 the top four teams in the Atlantic division played a best of five series with the winners playing a best of seven and then on to the conference and Calder cup finals.

The 2020 playoffs were cancelled by covid.

2021 was the crazy year where the Pack were in a three team 24 game season.

In 2022 the AHL switched to the best of three series with 3-6 and 4-5 and 1 and 2 having byes.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Drury should have done more to help the Wolfpack in the playoffs.
The team needed offensive help so it picked up Nic Petan for Elson. Petan has 170 games of NHL experience and has been a high scorer in the AHL. His production has been lower than expected and he hasn't solved the offensive problems. Mancini has been a solid addition on defense and Chmelar has shown positive signs. I know I sound like a broken record but the center play for most of the year has been below any reasonable standard and has really hurt the team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This game was a perfect example as to why plus-minus is such a misleading statistic.

Brennan Othmann had an assist on the PP for the Wolf Pack, but was on the ice for a shorthanded goal against and an empty net goal against.

He finishes with a -2 but he did not have a bad game.

Reactions: kovazub94

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
This game was a perfect example as to why plus-minus is such a misleading statistic.

Brennan Othmann had an assist on the PP for the Wolf Pack, but was on the ice for a shorthanded goal against and an empty net goal against.

He finishes with a -2 but he did not have a bad game.
how did he look in an increased intensity playoff atmosphere?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
how did he look in an increased intensity playoff atmosphere?

Othmann had a decent game. Did not look outmatched or overwhelmed against a really good opponent. Hartford as a whole played a decent game until they gave up that SHG. That really killed their momentum.

Charlotte is a good team so this will be a tough hill to climb now.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Othmann had a decent game. Did not look outmatched or overwhelmed against a really good opponent. Hartford as a whole played a decent game until they gave up that SHG. That really killed their momentum.

Charlotte is a good team so this will be a tough hill to climb now.
Othmann had a good game as mentioned above by AK. The one play that stood out to me, was his great backcheck on a 2 on 1 against, when the Pack had their 4 minute PP late in the game. He raced back and broke up the play, which was not caused by him. Charlotte later scored on another SH 2 on 1.
A wierd thing in the AHL, is that they play a best of 3, but all 3 games are played at the top seeds rink. So even though the Pack will technically be the "home" team on Saturday and allowed the last change, they're still playing the game in Charlotte's rink...

Reactions: noncents

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We all want Hartford to go deep too but even if they’re out quickly - it will give our more developed prospects there to join the varsity which arguably could be even more valuable in their development. I’m talking Garand, Edstrom, Othmann and Berard. I doubt recent additions will be a part of black aces.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We all want Hartford to go deep too but even if they’re out quickly - it will give our more developed prospects there to join the varsity which arguably could be even more valuable in their development. I’m talking Garand, Edstrom, Othmann and Berard. I doubt recent additions will be a part of black aces.
Edstrom is already with the Rangers, but yes, I imagine the others will get the call up, along with Robertson and Scanlin.

Reactions: kovazub94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad