Harry Neale: My Final Straw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
We all know that Bob Cole has been past his prime since the early 90's. Harry Neale is not too far behind.

My final straw with Neale occured in the canada/Russia game where a #94 left to go to the dressing room. So Neale blurts out that Ryan Smyth is going to the dressing room.

Umm, Harry, that was Koryluk.... You cant even tell the jerseys apart anymore.... do everyone a favour and retire. I hate it when my tax dollars help fund some dead weight like Harry Neale :rant:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
mr gib said:
its a divine comedy - enjoy it while it lasts - i write them all down - truly sublime

Cole is comedic because he cant even hide the fact that he's well past his good days of announcing.

I get the sense that Neale still thinks he's pretty good himself

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hackett said:
We all know that Bob Cole has been past his prime since the early 90's. Harry Neale is not too far behind.

My final straw with Neale occured in the canada/Russia game where a #94 left to go to the dressing room. So Neale blurts out that Ryan Smyth is going to the dressing room.

Umm, Harry, that was Koryluk.... You cant even tell the jerseys apart anymore.... do everyone a favour and retire. I hate it when my tax dollars help fund some dead weight like Harry Neale :rant:

Never understood this thinking. If you know it's a wrong comment then what's the big deal?

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
Cole's call is still decent, it's just the disgusting amount of misinformation coming out of both their mouths.

"Hasek of the Buffalo Sabres"

"Bondra gets a penalty for the Czechs"

"Canada gets a penalty, or is it the Czech? Turns out it was an offside"

and so on.

I would be able to forgive if it happened once in a while, but it happens dozens of times a game. Hopefully this is the last season for the Golden Girls.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Wow, another Cole/Neale bash thread. It is so trendy to pile on when you're so better and cool or something like that.
:sarcasm:

These announcer bashing threads have to stop. I think pretty much every TV/Color guy has a bash thread here.
Another useless thread.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
ACC1224 said:
Never understood this thinking. If you know it's a wrong comment then what's the big deal?

the difference is that my tax dollars are helping to fund this guy.

The games are broadcast on the CBC which is a public coporation... although the CBC is ultimately hypocritical because it handles business like a private entity.... but I digress

If Neale was hired by a private company... all the more power to him although, the private network would be Pejorative Slured to hire him

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
the mixing up of names doesn't really bother me that much. I can forgive a little bit because a lot of guys wear different numbers at the Olympics.

However, it drives me insane when the whistle blows and they can't figure out what the penalty (or offside) was for, when it's painfully obvious.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Ten years ago maybe. Five even. But time has passed them by. Cole was making a fool of himself earlier in the season with his constant attacks on the game and how he preferred the clutch and grab. Even Neale had to stop him from becoming bitter on air after several incidents.

Definately not two of the best in the business. Cole especially is now one of the worst. Neale? Still hanging on to "average", a dinosaur as well but not pre-Cambrian like Cole.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Hackett said:
Cole is comedic because he cant even hide the fact that he's well past his good days of announcing.

I get the sense that Neale still thinks he's pretty good himself
i mean no dis-respect - and we've always loved harry here in vancouver - they are like familar underwear - with a few skid marks -

my favorite of course is when the whistle goes - we'll be back in a minute and he forgot to mention why the whistle went - pure gold -

and the other one - the whistle goes and its offside - we'll be back in a minute - when they return to the game someone's on a powerplay - nothing said - precious

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
arrbez said:
the mixing up of names doesn't really bother me that much. I can forgive a little bit because a lot of guys wear different numbers at the Olympics.

However, it drives me insane when the whistle blows and they can't figure out what the penalty (or offside) was for, when it's painfully obvious.
yaaa - someone else gets it too - alright!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Hackett said:

The games are broadcast on the CBC which is a public coporation... although the CBC is ultimately hypocritical because it handles business like a private entity.... but I digress

If Neale was hired by a private company... all the more power to him although, the private network would be Pejorative Slured to hire him

if you worry that much about your tax dollars there are many more ways they are wasted then on a living legend like Harry.

why were you so upset thinking Ryan Smyth was leaving the ice when I'm sure most watching knew it was a Russian? Maybe if you paid a little more attention to the game you would get so hissy, just a thought.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Hackett said:

ah c'mon - thats a way bigger issue - cbc shouldn't be a - for profit anything -

although there is good news - they out of it after this - olympics anyway

RTWAP*

arrbez said:
Yah, like saying an offside is actually a roughing penalty and then commenting on the (5 on 5) 'powerplay' before finally catching it 30 seconds later. I love that.

Right up there with "That'll be an icing. Except of course they're killing a penalty so it won't be."

With age they seem to have lost their ability to mentally and visually follow the game. Kinda important for announcers, dontcha think?

Rover*

Yeah Bob Cole and Harry Neale are over the hill now. They really only know leafs players and it's been that way for years now. Watch any canucks game that they do and they always call the sedins, sundin. :biglaugh:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Hackett said:

i thought i was the only one who noticed that :biglaugh:

it was funny cuz you see a guy, in a RED jersey, leaving and I could clearly read Koralyuk

and then he goes "looks like ryan smyth is leaving the ice"

:biglaugh:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Metallian said:
i thought i was the only one who noticed that :biglaugh:

it was funny cuz you see a guy, in a RED jersey, leaving and I could clearly read Koralyuk

and then he goes "looks like ryan smyth is leaving the ice"

:biglaugh:

how far away was Harry sitting when he made that comment? or do you think he's calling the game off a monitor?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Hackett said:

Well, it may not be for long. They hinted on cbc radio the other day that it may go private. Has anyone heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad