Harding injured in last nights game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
From what I could gather from other sites and message boards, his injury went something like this.

Aero's Boards said:
The puck was dumped into the Aero's zone and Josh Harding went out to play the puck. There was 4.3 or 4.7 seconds left in the game and the game was out of reach for the Utah Grizzlies. Houston was up 5-2 and unless by some miracle they got three goals in the last 4 seconds of the game, then they would have lost. So Harding turns his back toward Eric Reitz who is skating in, to go retrieve the puck and dump it off to him. Jeff Taffe is coming in also, pressuring Reitz, for no reason whatsoever. Harding now feels Taffe coming after him and doesn't dump the puck off toward Reitz and is hit by Taffe behind, ramming Harding into the boards. Reitz immediately jumps Taffe and beats him bloody. Penalties are assessed and Harding is taken off the ice by his teammates and later is taken out with a neck brace. The game was chippy from the beginning and Taffe was itching to fight the entire game.

So what do you think of this situation? The word is Harding has a grade 3 concussion but that is unconfirmed at the moment.

I say Taffe has to at least get half a season for this assault.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
that's pretty effing dirty with 4.5 seconds to go in the game and down 5-2 ... agreed with the half of a season sentiment... cheap play all the way around by Taffe

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I am pretty pissed at it because Harding was an awesome goaltender and sounded like a real good guy.

UGH!

Damn Yotes, control your damn players! :mad:

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Taffe isnt usually a dirty player, not even a physical one. Its a bit out of character for him. Maybe something to do with having a bad year on a struggling team.

I havent seen the incident or any photos. Im not sure an elbow to the head will get half a season.. that's more of a stick-swinging-at-head episode.

I feel bad for Harding though. The Coyotes have had a few concussions too - Kolanos and Podlesak have just not been the same. Hopefully its different for Harding.. might be easier to recover being a goalie.

DW

May 3, 2003
MN
Visit site
Taffe isnt usually a dirty player, not even a physical one. Its a bit out of character for him.

Totally agree. I've seen the guy play many times and he's usually the one on the outside of any fracas. Give it a few days and see what happens I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->