May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
i am thankful for the sun and its glorious incandescence
29fdc6a87178dbd62100adc5acfe1b49.jpg

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Happy Thanksgiving from Germany! Yesterday was a holiday here, but now I have 4 days off from work for Thanksgiving! Hosting 3 couples and 3 single soldiers from work at my place tonight. First time I've ever hosted for Thanksgiving, so really looking forward to it!

This is the start of the BEST time of year in Germany. Next week the Christmas markets around the country (and some of the surrounding countries) will begin and run through Christmas, and some through New Years. I am wonderfully thankful for the opportunity my wife and I have had to live here in this great country for the last year, and at least the next 6 months, most likely more, and to get to enjoy the unique and different traditions. I am also thankful for family having the opportunity to visit during the holidays and to get the chance to experience that unique flavor.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Serious Debate, do you brine your turkey before cooking or not? DISCUSS

Part II: Do you cook it in an oven? Or a fryer?

I started using a brine last year and only felt there was only a moderate improvement, but trying a different version of brine this year.

I deep fried a turkey one year. It was good, but the mess all that oil made and the clean-up was not worth it for me.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Serious Debate, do you brine your turkey before cooking or not? DISCUSS

Part II: Do you cook it in an oven? Or a fryer?

I started using a brine last year and only felt there was only a moderate improvement, but trying a different version of brine this year.

I deep fried a turkey one year. It was good, but the mess all that oil made and the clean-up was not worth it for me.
Why not both?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad