Happy Leaf fan

pulfordfan

Sep 28, 2017
Rjukan Norway
Don't start threads often, but read daily. So excited what the leafs and their management have achieved is such a short time. Since shanny has arrived there has been constant improvement, wasn't so long ago leafs were losing 40 games a season. I see posts that criticize Babcock, being stubborn and so on. Some say one of the reasons Green wouldn't come. I think too bad for Green, the sense of entitlement was rampant before he came, players like Kadri, Bozak, Reily and others benefited by being asked to be accountable. Mike gets them to live right and work hard, the team believes this and the results are obvious. If 3 years ago someone told me the leafs would easily make the playoff and be serious contenders for a cup I would have said yeah right. But here we are. Trade deadline came and went, Lou stood pact and did not give up any assets for a quick fix, I like that. Other teams now are hording picks and statements like we want to get younger and faster, sound familiar? Guess leaf rebuild is the blueprint now. Old enough to have seen the last cup in 67, since then as a fan did not have much to get excited about. Right now just damn happy. Go Leafs Go!!

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Cannot agree more. What Shanny has been able to do in such a short time is nothing short of remarkable. Too many years I was embarrassed to wear my Leafs gear. Now I wear it with pride. The team is heading to something truly special and we're only just beginning. I honestly believe that management will stick to the plan that is so obviously working. The core is in place and by next year's TDL I fell that we will see a team that is both playoff hardened and with the final D piece in place to make a serious run.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
giphy.gif

Reactions: pulfordfan

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It is an exciting time for Leaf Nation and take it from one who has been following a 50 year Cup drought and counting this management team does give fans real hope of success going forward.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Don't start threads often, but read daily. So excited what the leafs and their management have achieved is such a short time. Since shanny has arrived there has been constant improvement, wasn't so long ago leafs were losing 40 games a season. I see posts that criticize Babcock, being stubborn and so on. Some say one of the reasons Green wouldn't come. I think too bad for Green, the sense of entitlement was rampant before he came, players like Kadri, Bozak, Reily and others benefited by being asked to be accountable. Mike gets them to live right and work hard, the team believes this and the results are obvious. If 3 years ago someone told me the leafs would easily make the playoff and be serious contenders for a cup I would have said yeah right. But here we are. Trade deadline came and went, Lou stood pact and did not give up any assets for a quick fix, I like that. Other teams now are hording picks and statements like we want to get younger and faster, sound familiar? Guess leaf rebuild is the blueprint now. Old enough to have seen the last cup in 67, since then as a fan did not have much to get excited about. Right now just damn happy. Go Leafs Go!!
It's nice, I don't get nearly as frustrated with the team and have enjoyed watching the games a lot more (especially if I don't join in a game day thread. :laugh: )

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
You're telling me! Most of my adult life, the leafs have been terrible. The last good leafs team i can remember is 2003, and even then i was only 9 so i was barely old enough to appreciate them. I am beyond ecstatic that the team our new management has built, should be a perennial playoff/cup contender.

I remember thinking once when we played Vancouver back in i think 2010, how nice it must be to have a team be so good and make the playoffs year after year. now i know how it feels :)

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
I'm probably around your age and I posted something in the GDT the other night how lucky we are to have Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Andersen and recently Dermott (with Liljegren on the way) to watch for probably the next 10 years or so with additions surrounding them to give them the necessary support necessary to be competitive. I really enjoyed watching them last year, got worried the first half of this year , then happy again once he finally changed the forward lines. Not sure how long I'll be around but will be nice to have a good ,and exciting, team to watch at this stage of my life... :)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Can anyone really be happy as long as Romanuk is calling the games? Hyman plays with Matthews? Polak is on the bottom pair? Babcock is Babcock? Eeyore can't find his tail?

Many were so much happier when cheering for losses every night.

Reactions: Optomist

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017

Couldn’t agree more. I got hooked as a leaf fan as a young boy in 67 (still remember that team), many years of grief, interrupted by the mid seventies teams with Salming, Turnball, Sittler, Macdonalds; and the early nineties teams with Gilmour and Clark.

It’s never been so good, what a joy to watch, such sped and talent. Tremendous respect for what Shanahan has started. I know a cup is coming

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Shanny started all this. He sat and watched for months before he struck and did not disappoint with this plan.

I give credit for rebuilding the emblem. Its nicer to look at these days. Way nicer when you know it won't be beat down. Its a awesome jersey now is what i mean. Its just classy looking again!

What a great job this management team has done top to bottom. Wow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad