Happy Holidays! (and taking stock of the Oilers season so far)

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

(the best Christmas song ever IMO)

Be happy around family, friends and those you love (McDavid).

Savour the (hockey) season.

Be thankful we live in one of the most peaceful nations in the world (except for the wars on ice).

The Oilers are Top 4 in the West going into Christmas. That is amazing, and something most of us would never have predicted (unless you put it on your wish list to Santa last year).

Get ready for 2017 and have your New Year's Resolutions ready to go (I hope you're listening, Chia!)

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So many more things right with this team than there is wrong. Such a pleasant change, and I expect things might get even a bit better.

Things I'd like to see:

- Address the lack of RW depth, and make a call once and for all on Pulju. He's sitting too much, even if he is learning systems at a NHL level in practices, the kid needs to play. Should have maybe even played in WJC.

- Healthy top 6 D-core. Finally. Larsson-Klefbom, Sekera-Russell, Nurse-Davidson for an extended period of time. If we make the post season, a healthy D is the most important thing for us if we want to make any noise.

- Let McDavid be 19. I'm not even paying attention to his boxcars, Art Ross race, Hart consideration, none of it. Kid is still a teenager, is certainly top 5 hockey players on the planet, and knows what to do to succeed. I want him to have as little pressure as possible.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Excited to be in 2nd in the division and in the thick of the playoff race. We're still an inconsistent team and theres the feel that this is all being held together with wet mud and sticks, but we've seen growth in this hockey club. There's no laurel resting though, it's not going to get easier as the season continues.

I'd like to to see a RH shot manning the point on the PP. Benning was getting some looks; Larsson must be just horrible in practice cause they don't give him any time during games. Just to try it even. I really think a right handed shot banging pucks on net from the point would go a long way to fixing what ails the PP. Just make the tweak on the 2nd unit and I think a Nuge to RHD onetimer on net and let the net front guys tip/rebound and bigger rebounds that pop out to Eberle. Basically, the Corey Power Potter Play.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They are much improved and competitive every night. They can legitimately win everynight, it's delightful this team is playing meaningful games.

Adding another veteran forward and defenseman would help this team alot.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
this is as good a thread as any

Merry Christmas HFOIL, here's the best to you and yours, and let's hope for playoffs in the new year :)

Oct 15, 2008
Merry Christmas everyone!

I haven't felt this positive about Oiler playoff possibilities in a decade.

I would like to see the players try. That's it. Nothing fancy.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm still not convinced the team isn't going to fall off a cliff, but as has been said repeatedly, it sure is nice to be trying to figure out if this level of play is going to continue instead of doing in depth reading on the coming draft. And if nothing else, McDavid is a joy to watch.

Have a safe and happy holiday everyone!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Playoffs would be a nice post-Christmas present for the fans and team. They are in strike position and are in all the games despite what seems like poor performances by 2-3 key players every night. If TMac can get them all firing at the same time -- look out. In that light, Merry Christmas to all!

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Excited to be in 2nd in the division and in the thick of the playoff race. We're still an inconsistent team and theres the feel that this is all being held together with wet mud and sticks, but we've seen growth in this hockey club. There's no laurel resting though, it's not going to get easier as the season continues.

I get that feel too especially with all the line juggling and I think the lack of chemistry might bite them in the rear at some point but can't really complain at all about their place in the standings.

Anyway, Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I'm going to be the one to say it..

The Oilers are going to be a better team after the break, and will challenge for the Conference, and be among the elite of the league. (and no i'm not kidding)

Merry Christmas everybody!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad