Happy B-Day Pavel Bure

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
nah...girls don't get to play for the USSR

funny story about Russian women and hockey;

I worked for a couple years with this middle-aged Russian guy named Andrei. During the last Olympics we were ragging on him because the Russian womens team got pummeled by Canada.

Me: "Andrei, what happened last night?"
A: "eh?"
Me: Your women, they got killed"
A: "who?"
Me: "Hockey. Our women beat your women in hockey."
A: "Oh...who care? I must explain you something. In Russia, women is beautiful, and she smell nice, and she is always home when you come from work. Russian woman does not play hockey like angry lesbian you have in Canada. So you see, it does not matter."

One of my favourite quotes of all time.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
36 years old and I bet he'd still be good for 30+ if his knees still had anything left. Its a shame the greatest scorers are always cut down in their prime-Neely, Bure, Bossy, Lemieux...

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
36 years old and I bet he'd still be good for 30+ if his knees still had anything left. Its a shame the greatest scorers are always cut down in their prime-Neely, Bure, Bossy, Lemieux...

Bobby Orr...

Someone must have a Voodoo doll in their basement.

Maybe Alan Ea.... no, never mind.

The Sharpshooter

Jan 21, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I've seen the Russian Rocket play a few games when he came to Buffalo. I always was hooked on a Mogilny-Bure showdown. It was tougher when they became teammates in Vancouver. I liked the article in the Buffalo News after the Canucks beat the Sabres 4-1 the night before. The heading read Bure: 2 Mogilny 0. Instead of maybe a traditional "Sabres fall short to Bure-Canucks."

I remember how much he and Sergei Federov both wanted Anna Kournikova.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad