Hannu Toivonen potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Skroob said:
Lundqvist is already one of the top goalies in the NHL, so how can someone have more potential????

How can you have more potential than GAA in the 2.0's and SV in the 920's in the best league in the world?

I completely agree.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Haha, sorry I didn't realize how old this thread was but I just joined and I was looking through some old threads and decided to respond to this one.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
dafoomie said:
He's looked like a potential star the way he's played this year, I'd put him right up there with Lehtonen, Fleury, and Miller. He's certainly the Bruins goalie of the future, for whatever thats worth. Ask a Toronto fan what they think of Hannu.

He's been out with a broken ankle, which is why his name hasn't been out there as much.

Im a Leafs fan and i absolutely love Toivonen.

That guy is a future star. Mark my words. In terms of goalies of the future i'd rank him with Lehtonen, Fluery, Miller, and Lundqvist.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Toivonen is one of the young, new Finnish NHL-goaltending generation that includes Kari Lehtonen (Atlanta), Antero Niittymaki (Philadelphia) and Hannu Toivonen (Boston). After these guys, the upcoming names are Tuukka Rask (Toronto) and Karri Ramo (LA Kings).

On Toivonen's potential he was not that hyped when he played in Finland. Of course, he was quite young at the time. To my perspective Toivonen paddles down on his knees to much and is not quite there yet. Bruins goalie Tim Thomas was superb in Finnish Elite league and currently he has signed a new deal with the team. This means that Toivonen will have tough competition at least for the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad