Injury Report: Hank Injured During World Championships

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
final1.jpg

He has some skinny legs for a goalie. Richter had tree trunks.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m 41 years old and still childish, but not all here are over 30 - so that is that, hehe.
About Henrik`s injury I`m not worried about it - 5 months until new season and training camp including June. :)

Last edited:

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
This is why I'm glad the NHL is not letting the players go to the olympics. Move hockey to the summer games. The NHL and NBA run concurrently and in any case, it's winter in Australia during the summer games.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
IDK, ask what the Devils did in 2014 around old Brodeur.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. 2013-14 was Brodeur's last year with the devils and Schneider played half the games that year. Brodeur was 42 at the time and his contract was up. Hank is 35 and has 4 years left on his contract.

There's no comparison to be made here.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hank has had knee issues for years, and routinely ices both knees after games. This sprain is minor and not an issue.

The modern goaltending style is very tough on the knees and hips. Starting now and going forward is where Hank's workload will be limited more so than ever before just because the recovery time will be much longer/harder from the routine aches and pains of the everyday season grind.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. 2013-14 was Brodeur's last year with the devils and Schneider played half the games that year. Brodeur was 42 at the time and his contract was up. Hank is 35 and has 4 years left on his contract.

There's no comparison to be made here.

My apologies, thanks for pointing this out. No coffee at the time of the post. Meant to say 2012 Devils, the team that beat us and went to the Final with a 39 year old Brodeur.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Seems like a minor issue. I have faith he will be back and ready to go before the start of the season.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
My apologies, thanks for pointing this out. No coffee at the time of the post. Meant to say 2012 Devils, the team that beat us and went to the Final with a 39 year old Brodeur.

Okay, I originally thought that was what you meant, but the years didn't line up :laugh:

Even then, I think your point is moot. The devils went on a lucky run and ultimately lost to LA. Look at that team now. Is that a model you want to emulate? Try to hang on for one more magical run, fall short and then have it all fall apart?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Another series the Rangers should have won. The Devils missed the playoffs in 2011,2013 and 2014 with Broduer. They had a miracle run in 2012. That was the last time Jersey made the playoffs.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Okay, I originally thought that was what you meant, but the years didn't line up :laugh:

Even then, I think your point is moot. The devils went on a lucky run and ultimately lost to LA. Look at that team now. Is that a model you want to emulate? Try to hang on for one more magical run, fall short and then have it all fall apart?

I meant the way it happened, no necessarily the results of it afterwards. We have younger/better players that will be around after this season than they did.

They also lost Parise that summer which killed them.

They're defense in the RS were positive possession players except Salvador. He killed it in the PO (small sample) and went on a run.

We need to address the defense with no-names. Our current "name brand" players are worse.

Brodeur also turned the clock back those playoffs. That's the model. Fix the defense by removing the old names and shaking it up.

Keep our forward depth and Hank should be able to up his game enough to get it done.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
That's not a duffel bag. That's an equipment bag.

Duffle shmuffel. I tried looking it (equipment bag) up but couldn't find anything anywhere.

The only thing I can find are ebay listings and Steiners. And all of those are "game used".

Are they custom made and fans simply cannot acquire them unless they are auctioned off by the Rangers or via inside connections?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This is why I'm glad the NHL is not letting the players go to the olympics. Move hockey to the summer games. The NHL and NBA run concurrently and in any case, it's winter in Australia during the summer games.
Yes, because it's logical to play a sport on ice during the middle of summer. It's bad enough as it is in may, several games had ice problems this WHC. How do you suppose you handle the heat outside of the arena and inside the arena? Nevermind that the players would play one on the most important tournaments of their lives when they're out of shape, or do you suppose they never rest in the off-season?

An entire sport doesn't revolve around one league. No NHL players in the olympics, so be it, I'll watch the olympics anyway and watch less and less of the NHL. It would've been nice to see some players on this team having a chance to win something once in a while.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yes, because it's logical to play a sport on ice during the middle of summer. It's bad enough as it is in may, several games had ice problems this WHC. How do you suppose you handle the heat outside of the arena and inside the arena? Nevermind that the players would play one on the most important tournaments of their lives when they're out of shape, or do you suppose they never rest in the off-season?

An entire sport doesn't revolve around one league. No NHL players in the olympics, so be it, I'll watch the olympics anyway and watch less and less of the NHL. It would've been nice to see some players on this team having a chance to win something once in a while.

It's the middle of winter on half the planet during the summer olympics. Maybe basketball should be moved to the winter olympics since it takes place in the middle of summer in Argentina.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Duffle shmuffel. I tried looking it (equipment bag) up but couldn't find anything anywhere.

The only thing I can find are ebay listings and Steiners. And all of those are "game used".

Are they custom made and fans simply cannot acquire them unless they are auctioned off by the Rangers or via inside connections?

Yes. Wouldn't be practical to use a hockey bag for personal use anyway. Too huge and heavy.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

I am pretty sure they're made by Cosby's and Co. They make the best equipment bags that I have seen. I think they're full canvas. Anyway look at their website, it's the old company that used to have the sporting goods store at the base of the Garden.

Edit : I believe it's Gerry Cosby's & Co.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->