Player Discussion Hampus Lindholm - II

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
Wow. What the hell happened to this guy? He’s just not even close to the player who finished last regular season here. His contract is starting to look like a total anchor.

He reminds of Kaberle in a Bruins uni. Yes, that bad.

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
I was so wrong about this guy. Was over the moon when he was acquired, too bad he's the softest 6'4" player ever to lace up skates.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Never give "B level" players "A level" term going into their mid-to-late 30s.

Meanwhile, this Bruins franchise will likely attempt to double-down on that notion this summer chasing Elias Lindholm.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

gerrycheeversmask

Feb 18, 2021
Behind Enemy Lines
Lindholm looks like he was born to be a Vancouver Canuck.

Never give "B level" players "A level" term going into their mid-to-late 30s.

Meanwhile, this Bruins franchise will likely attempt to double-down on that notion this summer chasing Elias Lindholm.
Exactly. Elias Lindolm seems like a centerman version of Loui Eriksson. Let's see what he can do in the second round if Vancouver gets by Nashville.

Reactions: BruinDust

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Order of effectiveness
1. MacAvoy
2.Carlo(and I'm not ahis biggest fanboy)
3.Peeke(his injury effected the entire d corp lineup)
4.Wotherspoon/Lorhie - tied for different reasons good PK D vs good O skills, both seemingly willing to hot and be hot. How Lohrie got up from last nights cheap shot, wow, tougher than he looks.
5.Lindholm the 8M/year albatross, "don't hit, don't score, what do ya do?" wasn't that an Adam Ant song back in the 80's
6.Gryz ugh, too small, now too slow

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Order of effectiveness
1. MacAvoy
2.Carlo(and I'm not ahis biggest fanboy)
3.Peeke(his injury effected the entire d corp lineup)
4.Wotherspoon/Lorhie - tied for different reasons good PK D vs good O skills, both seemingly willing to hot and be hot. How Lohrie got up from last nights cheap shot, wow, tougher than he looks.
5.Lindholm the 8M/year albatross, "don't hit, don't score, what do ya do?" wasn't that an Adam Ant song back in the 80's
6.Gryz ugh, too small, now too slow

6.5M?

Still needs to be better

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I was very vocal about wanting Chychrun over Lindholm given age and when I thought the Bruins would actually be in another cup window. Didn't love the Lindholm move when it was made.

First half of last season Lindholm played at a level that made me think I could possibly be wrong for the first time in forever.

But if you look at his entire body of work as a Bruin so far hes much closer to the bad anaheim level Lindholm than he is that first half of last season level.

Chychrun is by no means physical and wouldn't solve our "soft" issue, but he would have brought a different dimension offensively than what Lindholm currently does.

Still think I would have paid that price for Chychrun over Lindholm.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My #1 pet peeve about Lindholm is how he shoots so politely at the net. Like he's afraid to hurt the opposing goalie. Put some mustard on that shot!!!

That pretty much describes the entire D. When is the last time a Bruin D-man tried to hammer a one-timer from the point?

No wonder Leaf defenders have no fear of staying in the lane and block the shot. Muffins from the point they'll eat that all day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad