GDT: Hamilton @ Peoria | 8pm et

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone else not excited about Leblanc? I wonder what role he thinks he could have in the NHL, because I'm not seeing anything that says he's a top prospect at this point. Or am I just poo-pooing on the kid for no reason?
No, I think there is merit for some concern. Compared to last season, he seems to have regressed and the coaching staff doesn't seem to trust him enough to play any kind of significant role on the team. Even Boyce, who was recently let go, played a bigger role from the games I've watched.

Protest the Hero

Mar 13, 2011
Ontario
I just don't understand why they're not putting him in a position to succeed. I guess the younger guys need easier minutes, but he's getting shifts with plugs like Stortini and Hagel, what does the coaching staff expect him to do.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
anyone impressed with Blunden? Only saw the 3rd period but he was all over the ice.

I think people get hung up on size and former draft position. So what if he can't fight? He's pure hustle. It could be just me or his skating's improved? It could just be the relativism of the NHL to the A but he looks faster and less awkward.

NewHabsEra*

Anyone else not excited about Leblanc? I wonder what role he thinks he could have in the NHL, because I'm not seeing anything that says he's a top prospect at this point. Or am I just poo-pooing on the kid for no reason?

Thats worrysome to say the least.. not even among Dogs best players right now.. I dont know whats wrong, maybe we overrated the kid a bit..

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Thats worrysome to say the least.. not even among Dogs best players right now.. I dont know whats wrong, maybe we overrated the kid a bit..

I doubt it. He looked real good the last game I saw. He might be ticked at his linemates and might be showcasing some of that bad attitude I heard (tiny) whispers of.

Myron Gaines*

IMO, Leblanc is a centre and has top 6 potential. For the few shifts he took as a centre in the NHL, he looked like a different player, in a good way. The organization wants to turn him into a 3rd line winger, but it's not working.

Not sure WTF Bergevin and Lefebvre are thinking, but I don't like the way he's being used or labelled as. He's being used as a grinder, when he's not that.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
IMO, Leblanc is a centre and has top 6 potential. For the few shifts he took as a centre in the NHL, he looked like a different player, in a good way. The organization wants to turn him into a 3rd line winger, but it's not working.

Not sure WTF Bergevin and Lefebvre are thinking, but I don't like the way he's being used or labelled as. He's being used as a grinder, when he's not that.

I haven't seen him much at center but I definitely think he has top 6 potential even if he ends up on a super skilled 3rd line.

I wonder if the 'you're a 3rd liner' narrative is the whole story. Good on Chaput for his play but I have no idea why he should be taking minutes from Leblanc.

Either way, I'm retracting some of my ill will towards Lefebvre. They're starting to look real good out there.

Blunden anyone?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
People can say whatever they want on Beaulieu, I'd pretty sure he's going to be a great, great offensive defenseman in the NHL. Kind of reminds me of Campbell or Keith the way he skates. It just seems so easy for him. Once he start to mature a bit, I'm convinced he'll be considered a legit first pairing guy.

I'm with you. From what I've seen of him, he definitely has top-pairing NHL upside. And I agree 100% that his issues, to me, appear to be related to maturity. Once he figures that out a bit, I can't see him busting. There's too much there.

Analyzer*

anyone impressed with Blunden? Only saw the 3rd period but he was all over the ice.

I think people get hung up on size and former draft position. So what if he can't fight? He's pure hustle. It could be just me or his skating's improved? It could just be the relativism of the NHL to the A but he looks faster and less awkward.

Blunden doesn't get any praise around here. He's just **** on. Nevermind the fact that he is big, can skate, seems to love to hit and will defend a teammate, he's not important.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

I was never 'excited' about LL. But I saw potential as a Carbonneau lite, which is very good. Look at Guy's stats in junior, AHL:

1978-79 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 72 62 79 141
1979-80 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 72 72 110 182 :amazed:
1979-80 Nova Scotia Voyageurs AHL -- -- -- --
1980-81 Nova Scotia Voyageurs AHL 78 35 53 88
1980-81 Montreal Canadiens NHL 2 0 1 1
1981-82 Nova Scotia Voyageurs AHL 77 27 67 94
1982-83 Montreal Canadiens NHL 77 18 29 47

LL is capable of this AHL performance I think, with good wingers, and of course stats are not everything.

The exception though is Carbo's last Q year, which is phenomenal. Even if scoring was higher then. And he was groomed as a D centre on the Habs! Ah, those were the days. This is why I said LL is Carbo lite. Carbo was special.

My worry is that LL is not producing in the AHL as he should, but to be fair, I think injury has something to do with that, and crappy line mates.

But that is still no excuse. Carbo won a job on a fantastic Habs team, through shear guts and hustle, and yes, skill. I laugh at people making excuses for LL, stating that he is not being 'used properly'.

Further: The guy gets hurt every year, that is becoming worrying, very worrying.

I'm starting to think bust, mainly because of injury issues all the time, and I think, lack of size/strength and determination.

I know it's annoying, but in these boards I was never that high on LL, partly because I knew about players like Carbo. I hope the kid proves me wrong.

Last edited:

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
any links?

btw this is Leblanc's second only season in the pros and he's been injured most of the season so far I don't believe we should give up on him yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad