Not open for further replies.

DogsFan*

1. Drewiskie
2. Tinordi
3. Dietz/Pateryn
4. Dietz/Pateryn
5. Bennett
6. Finley

I'd put Nygren in the top 2 probably if he was healthy all year. Didn't include guys who haven't played much either. I'd say 3, 4, 5 is all a toss-up as well.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
With the Habs in the fight for 1st all season long and so many good prospects in their system(Hamilton, NCAA, CHL & Europe), the Habs don't have the need to rush the prospects as they did 3-4 yrs. ago, when any player that was playing well was in their lineup. It seems some fans don't realize the actual depth of quality prospects the Habs have now, and the players show their abilities in callups like they did in the past, when the Habs were Championship contenders every season. This is in fact the case once again, developing our prospects takes time and they are getting the proper training again which will only prepare them for their eventual promotion to the Habs successfully. Opponents are very aware of the progress of the Habs prospects and are trying to pick their pockets, unsuccessfully thanks to the astute management of Bergevin, all roads lead to Montreal once again in the NHL as it should be. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
carr 4 goals weekend

he probably saw delarose got a call up and dumont for his good play and wants to be called up but i guess he wont be

68*

1. Drewiskie
2. Tinordi
3. Dietz/Pateryn
4. Dietz/Pateryn
5. Bennett
6. Finley

I'd put Nygren in the top 2 probably if he was healthy all year. Didn't include guys who haven't played much either. I'd say 3, 4, 5 is all a toss-up as well.

Thanks! Impressed to see Dietz up there.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
1. Drewiskie
2. Tinordi
3. Dietz/Pateryn
4. Dietz/Pateryn
5. Bennett
6. Finley

Not surprised that DD has been solid but Bennett being 5th, is that more a testament to how well the rest have played or he's been mediocre? Also is Condon stealing games or is the defense playing some well structured D?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
top sv% in AHL right now

Condon and Carr look like solid signings. You have to realise they are older than guys like Andrighetto and Hudon, but good to see them showing flashes this year.

Condon could make Tokarski expendable at some point.

Carr was very good with Union, hopefully this weekend is a springboard to a strong finish.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Crisp is skating again (no contact).

Nevins probably miss another month at least. (Upper Body)

What to say about tonights game..

Hudon is good, showed a ton of skill and creativity with the puck. Carr was good again, 2 good finishes. Tinordi wasn't great. He scored, yes, but immediately took a penalty after, really gave Iowa momentum, and then got burned on the next goal (though I think he took a high stick on the play). Team was bad in the second, really good in the third. MacDonald didn't have a great game, either. Condon is definitely the starter from here on out.

Thanks for updates:
Hudon, Tinordi...

Carr is outscoring some big time rookies like Shinkaruk,Dano,Gaunce. I know he's older as a college player but it's pretty good.

Thanks for the Tinordi (video) goal:nod:

Hudon is going to be an NHLr

Hoping for a playoff warrior;).

NO TRADE LIST (for me):
Tinordi
Hudon
Scherbak
McCarron

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Condon and Carr look like solid signings. You have to realise they are older than guys like Andrighetto and Hudon, but good to see them showing flashes this year.

Condon could make Tokarski expendable at some point.

Carr was very good with Union, hopefully this weekend is a springboard to a strong finish.

Everything I read about Carr is positive - is there any chance he cracks a roster spot on the Habs? Perhaps as a Dan Paille type 4th liner?

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Charles Hudon.............very impressed with his first year as a pro.
Only 20yrs old leading the Bulldogs and the AHL rookie scoring race.
Very impressive numbers for a rookie and a +9 to boot.

If he can stay healthy he has all the tools to be a very talented defensive forward
for the habs sooner than later.

DogsFan*

Condon is just so good positionally ... guy was unbeatable in ECHL last year

2.02 GAA and .934 SV%

that's very impressive

Condon has been very good. He is a big boy and like already stated he is solid positionally.

Not surprised that DD has been solid but Bennett being 5th, is that more a testament to how well the rest have played or he's been mediocre? Also is Condon stealing games or is the defense playing some well structured D?

I think Bennett has been okay. The Bulldogs defensive unit is really good right now, especially being shored up by Bryan Allen. It's more of a testament to the play of everyone as a whole.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With the Habs in the fight for 1st all season long and so many good prospects in their system(Hamilton, NCAA, CHL & Europe), the Habs don't have the need to rush the prospects as they did 3-4 yrs. ago, when any player that was playing well was in their lineup. It seems some fans don't realize the actual depth of quality prospects the Habs have now, and the players show their abilities in callups like they did in the past, when the Habs were Championship contenders every season. This is in fact the case once again, developing our prospects takes time and they are getting the proper training again which will only prepare them for their eventual promotion to the Habs successfully. Opponents are very aware of the progress of the Habs prospects and are trying to pick their pockets, unsuccessfully thanks to the astute management of Bergevin, all roads lead to Montreal once again in the NHL as it should be. :handclap::handclap::handclap:

I don't agree that the Habs so many good prospects, I think they have a ton of interesting prospects but overall the system lacks high end talent. For me I feel the Habs need to start moving prospects/picks for assets to help the Habs win now, as you have one of the best goalies in the league and if they could just score more who knows what can happen. The Vanek trade was a really good move and helped us get into the playoffs, but I hope for something bigger.

My big concerns are the lack of progress from the prospects in the AHL and the inability to develop our D prospects into NHLers, as i'd say our D prospects were the strength of the farm system last year but we'll see how it goes as it's already hurt us this year with the lack of progress as MB had to go out and trade for help. A smart move getting Gonchar on the cheap and Allen does give us some depth if need be which is what you want if your hoping for a long playoff run but the concern is what happens next year as we could have several open spots on the blueline so more then one of Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, Nygren, etc.... is going to have to step up. (unless things change at the trade deadline :nod:)

carr 4 goals weekend

he probably saw delarose got a call up and dumont for his good play and wants to be called up but i guess he wont be

good on him to step up as the Dogs sorely need someone to bring the offense outside of Hudon and Hensick. Will be interesting to see how he finishes the season, before this he had only 19 pts in 45 games which for a 23 year old rookie isn't getting it done.

I don't know if he gets called up, my bet would be no but I got to admit I just don't understand what the Habs are doing with their call ups. Hudon has been their best player but instead they keep calling up other people. I really want to see him as the next call up but then again I wouldn't have called up Thomas or DLR over him.

Shutout for Mike Condon and another win for the Dogs.

big win too on the road as they have to beat the teams the are fighting for the final spots as LE has 2 games in hand.

2.02 GAA and .934 SV%

that's very impressive

Hamilton has been lucky with Tok last year and Condon this year, both have been huge for the Dogs the past 2 seasons now.

^ that pass by Hudon though...

indeed, he's got an impressive skill set, going to be interesting to see what the future holds for him.

Everything I read about Carr is positive - is there any chance he cracks a roster spot on the Habs? Perhaps as a Dan Paille type 4th liner?

tough to say at this point, I'd like to see him get his nose dirty more if he's going to be a future 4th liner but then again I never got a good read on him in the few games I've seen. He never really stood out good or bad and wasn't very noticeable but we'll see what happens.

Charles Hudon.............very impressed with his first year as a pro.
Only 20yrs old leading the Bulldogs and the AHL rookie scoring race.
Very impressive numbers for a rookie and a +9 to boot.

If he can stay healthy he has all the tools to be a very talented defensive forward
for the habs sooner than later.

Still can't get over the season he's having, it's crazy to think that only 5 players in the league have more points then Hudon. What a year he's having. :handclap::yo:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Still can't get over the season he's having, it's crazy to think that only 5 players in the league have more points then Hudon. What a year he's having. :handclap::yo:

Yep for me too..........Really looking forward to see if he can keep the pace up into the playoffs and who knows could be a sweet callup if the Bulldogs don't advance and Habs are still alive.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yep for me too..........Really looking forward to see if he can keep the pace up into the playoffs and who knows could be a sweet callup if the Bulldogs don't advance and Habs are still alive.

I'd be a bit surprised if the Dogs make the playoffs, they are keeping it close but most teams have games in hand on them and I think their terrible PP is going to continue to cause problems. If they do get in, I suspect they will go as far as Condon can take them as they continue to struggle to score goals. Right now they have been going through a weak spot in their schedule playing the worst team in the AHL for 4 of 5 games so we'll see how they do when the schedule gets tougher.

DogsFan*

I'd be a bit surprised if the Dogs make the playoffs, they are keeping it close but most teams have games in hand on them and I think their terrible PP is going to continue to cause problems. If they do get in, I suspect they will go as far as Condon can take them as they continue to struggle to score goals. Right now they have been going through a weak spot in their schedule playing the worst team in the AHL for 4 of 5 games so we'll see how they do when the schedule gets tougher.

Whats with all the negativity? The Bulldogs are right in the thick of the race. They only have games in hand on Lake Erie and they'd still be right in it regardless. The PP has scored 4 times in the last 8 games and the Bulldogs are averaging 3.5 goals per game since the start of the streak/visit from Bergevin. 1.8 GA on average over that span as well. They have been playing really well lately, and if they keep up even half the pace they have right now they should be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->