Hamilton Bulldogs & Wheeling Nailers 2014-2015 Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2012
Going to see Audette tomorrow take on the islanders, hopefully he destroys em :laugh:

edit: Wasn't sure if we had a prospects thread?

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Nygren should be very interesting.
This guy has the hardest shot in AHL.
He did dominate the SHL in the last two years.
He is 24 years old and ready (at least for 20 teams in the league).

I would really like to see him become a top-4 in the next two years.

Who else?
Gilbert and Weaver are not really top-4.
Pateryn is progressing well and is a strong contender to be bottom-2 RHD.
Dietz has potential be be at least a bottom-2 RHD d-men.

Nobody in our pipeline has the potential of Nygren to be a top-4 RHD.
At least in the next two years.
Just hoping that he can have a better defense than Gilbert because he certainly seem to be able to deliver same offense as him.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
JohhnyReb wrote (from closed thread):
'' You guys do realize that Hainsey has played closed to 700 games in the NHL, right? That only 12 players from that draft have played more games than he has, and only three defensemen (Schultz, Visnovsky and Orpik)? He's 19th for points (from that draft) and 5th for points-by-a-defenseman, 2nd if you only include first round defensemen.

At some point Hab fans are going to have to admit that Hainsey was and is a quality NHL player. Not a star by any stretch, but a good NHL player. We all want Beaulieu to be "better" but if he has a Hainsey-like career then that will be just fine too. ''

--------------------------- -----------------------------------

My reply to the above!:
fair post and good info, but...I don't just want fine (Hainsey)...I want CUP #25. (unless Hainsey is here to replace Drewiskie as an expensive cheerleader!).
If Beaulieu has a similar career to Hainsey's he also might have similar results as a Hab...traded (like when Hainsey was traded away). I'm looking forward to J.Tinordi, not Beaulieu (but I'll try to like Beaulieu's potential since he's still a Hab...for now). Nathan Beaulieu should spend as much time as possible in the AHL UNTIL he gets it right. PERIOD. (and also increases his value for a possible trade 'cause right now his value is probably not at its highest).Plekanec spent lots of time in the AHL...so can Beaulieu (and without the heavy cocky ''I've earned it'' attitude...no he hasn't earned anything...he still has a lot to prove...in the AHL, since he still looks so lost/raw out there, imo).

Last edited:

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
The Tinordi/Beaulieu debate is interesting. It's is tempting to try to predict the future.

The fact is that RIGHT NOW both players are not good enough to beat out the veteran players that Bergevin was able to acquire (Gonchar, Allen). Bergevin has set the bar and these guys have to reach it.

The good news is that IN THEORY these guys should still be progressing, and playing important minutes every night should help them progress further.

There is no way to know 100% what will happen, but we all hope these guys work out and help us. If they both become regulars on the habs, we will have beaten the odds.

At this point it's unclear how close guys like Dietz & Nygren are to passing them on the depth chart, but that is another factor. From what I have seen, Nygren is very close at this point and may pass those guys.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The Tinordi/Beaulieu debate is interesting. It's is tempting to try to predict the future.

The fact is that RIGHT NOW both players are not good enough to beat out the veteran players that Bergevin was able to acquire (Gonchar, Allen). Bergevin has set the bar and these guys have to reach it.

The good news is that IN THEORY these guys should still be progressing, and playing important minutes every night should help them progress further.

There is no way to know 100% what will happen, but we all hope these guys work out and help us. If they both become regulars on the habs, we will have beaten the odds.

At this point it's unclear how close guys like Dietz & Nygren are to passing them on the depth chart, but that is another factor. From what I have seen, Nygren is very close at this point and may pass those guys.

While I agree that Allen was brought in to play the role that was expected of Tinordi, it seems more and more obvious that Gonchar was acquired to bring what was expected of Gilbert, not Beaulieu. In fact, I don't think there is Tinordi vs Beaulieu debate at all... They are totally different players and will eventually play different roles on the team (if not traded, of course).

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Nygren should be the next defenseman called up. He has a way better +- than last year and he looks way more mature and committed. Plus unlike Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn, he never got a shot.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Ghetto is really due for a few token games on the big team to reward his nice work as well. He's consistently been the best player on the team since he got there.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Nygren should be the next defenseman called up. He has a way better +- than last year and he looks way more mature and committed. Plus unlike Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn, he never got a shot.

Honestly Pateryn should be given a look to, I mean what did he get 1 game before....like 8mins of ice time?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hudon is ridiculous and Nygren is making a strong argument for a callup.

Great news on both counts.

I like the idea of Nygren, Beaulieu and Tinordi competing for a spot on the big team.

I would also love for Hudon to force MB's hand and finally make him view DD as redundant. The coach is not going to change his perspective, but MB can still go through a few iterations of Therrien-proofing the line-up. I'm giddy about the prospect of another late-round steal. Maybe Bourni could introduce him to his trainer and put some meat on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->