Hamilton bulldogs release darryl boyce from pto

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Honestly surprised that Boyce didn't pan out. I've seen him for a lot of years, during games with the Majors and Marlies before the Leafs, and I've never seen him be so ineffective and lethargic as he seemed for the Bulldogs. Dunno what went wrong, but I wouldn't fault management for making the attempt. (Whereas the Stortini contract... well, I couldn't see the point in that one from the beginning, and it only looks worse each game... too bad that wasn't a PTO too.)

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
Honestly surprised that Boyce didn't pan out. I've seen him for a lot of years, during games with the Majors and Marlies before the Leafs, and I've never seen him be so ineffective and lethargic as he seemed for the Bulldogs. Dunno what went wrong, but I wouldn't fault management for making the attempt. (Whereas the Stortini contract... well, I couldn't see the point in that one from the beginning, and it only looks worse each game... too bad that wasn't a PTO too.)

I agree. Boyce was great for the leafs' third/fourth line when I saw them play. But seriously, AHL is a whole other beast than NHL. NHL has much more skill and speed but the game is also more open.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
So then what does he bring that Stortini doesn't? Why exactly do the Hamilton Bulldogs, who are struggling to score, need PL3?

win a fight and take less stupide penalties!!! and for the record, Lemaire and Tremblay loved him because he was able to follow the game, so I think he can get a spot on a 4 line in a washed team like the bulldog

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just freeing up a spot for the great Ian Schultz to start back on his road to being the long lost 3rd liner the Habs have been looking for. :sarcasm:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
win a fight and take less stupide penalties!!! and for the record, Lemaire and Tremblay loved him because he was able to follow the game, so I think he can get a spot on a 4 line in a washed team like the bulldog

And again, why do the bulldogs need him? They have Hagel who is doing a better job than Stortini in most of the ways you listed. He follows the play better because his skating isn't nearly as bad as stortini, he's won some fights and he takes less stupid penalties.

Why do the Bulldogs waste time getting another plug when their problem is goal scoring?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
because Hagel don't have the intimidating factor and Pl3 is better in all aspects of the game......

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
because Hagel don't have the intimidating factor and Pl3 is better in all aspects of the game......

And how many Hamilton games have you watched where this 'intimidation' factor has come into play? There are a number of us who have watched every dogs game this year, and I'll tell you that I can remember perhaps 1 game where physical intimidation was really effective against the dogs, and stortini acted in the exact same way PL3 would have.

Just admit you want a homegrown durs à cuire and be done with it.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
And how many Hamilton games have you watched where this 'intimidation' factor has come into play? There are a number of us who have watched every dogs game this year, and I'll tell you that I can remember perhaps 1 game where physical intimidation was really effective against the dogs, and stortini acted in the exact same way PL3 would have.

Just admit you want a homegrown durs à cuire and be done with it.

yes, i want a top fighters, not a huggy bear and a guy who have seem to lost is ability to fight.....

Analyzer*

Considering the dogs looks like this

St-Denis - 5'11
Beaulieu-6'1
Pateryn - 6'2
Ellis - 6'2
Corbin - 6'3
Nash - 6'4
Commodore - 6'4
Tinordi - 6'6

ECHL Stesjkal - 6'3

Forwards

Qualier - 6'4
Blunden - 6'4
Stortini - 6'4
Avtsin - 6'3
Nattinen - 6'2

I'm not really sure how a 6'1 cheap shot artist is going to make us anymore intimidating. We already got Huggy the Stortini bear to do that and hand out hugs.

Though, PL3 did score 8 goals in an AHL season once. Maybe we should sign him for his offense.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Considering the dogs looks like this

St-Denis - 5'11
Beaulieu-6'1
Pateryn - 6'2
Ellis - 6'2
Corbin - 6'3
Nash - 6'4
Commodore - 6'4
Tinordi - 6'6

ECHL Stesjkal - 6'3

Forwards

Qualier - 6'4
Blunden - 6'4
Stortini - 6'4
Avtsin - 6'3
Nattinen - 6'2

I'm not really sure how a 6'1 cheap shot artist is going to make us anymore intimidating. We already got Huggy the Stortini bear to do that and hand out hugs.

Though, PL3 did score 8 goals in an AHL season once. Maybe we should sign him for his offense.

since when size bring you intimidating factor? And its funny you calling him a cheap shot artist will you were probably one of those who didn't liked Laraque because he was to nice.

Analyzer*

since when size bring you intimidating factor? And its funny you calling him a cheap shot artist will you were probably one of those who didn't liked Laraque because he was to nice.

Since when does a 6'6 guy push you and you're not scared ? Unless you're some massive dude yourself.

I liked Laraque his first season. He fought on average every 3rd game.

He sucks a lot like Boyce. We don't need PL3 and we don't need Boyce.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Which is it?

Hockeydb says 6'3".
Wikipedia says 6'2".

elite prospects has it at 6'1" and Habsprospects website has it at 6'2"

TBH I think it's somewhere between 6'1" and 6'2". He's never looked all that tall next to other players, IMO. Maybe they took his height when he had an especially stupid haircut.

i

yeah...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad