Hamilton bulldogs release darryl boyce from pto

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Good. Boyce was crap. Waste of space on the roster. If only one of Stortini or Hagel could be next.

Analyzer*

'Bout time. Guy was pretty useless and I doubt his veteran presence was all that worthy.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Does that mean Kraken Avtsin will see more icetime?

Hopefully

It's a shame we didn't sign Farnham, he would have been perfect for our 4th line.

Good. Boyce was crap. Waste of space on the roster. If only one of Stortini or Hagel could be next.

Don't count on that. There are both signed for one year and it's not easy to "escape" from a SPC.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Not impressed with Bergevin's "vet" signings so far. Hagel, Boyce and Stortini have all been terrible and I'm being kind.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
I presume this means they are keeping Fortier with the Bulldogs?

They probably should have had him as 4th C from the begining.

I think Olivier Fortier is long done with the organization. He currenlty plays for the Orlando Solar Bears in the ECHL.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Just you wait, Naatinen will still play in the fourth line with Hagel and Stortini.

Hahaha yeah Naatinen will probably get benched somehow because of this! But seriously, Boyce had been so underwhelming. I liked him with the Leafs and Marlies so I was a bit disappointed, hopefully we can land a scorer from somewhere instead.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Not impressed with Bergevin's "vet" signings so far. Hagel, Boyce and Stortini have all been terrible and I'm being kind.

Yeah, all three have been complete failures. Hopefully the Commodore signing works out better.

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
good, did not really need him.

give more chance to some other players or find a better veteran to replace him.

he prob figured they would add character/grit to the team full of youngsters that may need some help on the physical side. Sadly, these players are not particularly skilled.

just looking at current UFA list,
maybe he could sign Kostopolous? or Winchester? Ouelette might not have been bad, although they did not offer him a chance after his try out..

Last edited:

Myron Gaines*

What the team really needs is a vet or two to lead the way offensively

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
good, did not really need him.

give more chance to some other players or find a better veteran to replace him.

he prob figured they would add character/grit to the team full of youngsters that may need some help on the physical side. Sadly, these players are not particularly skilled.

just looking at current UFA list,
maybe he could sign Kostopolous? or Winchester? Ouelette might not have been bad, although they did not offer him a chance after his try out..

Didn't Tom Kostopoulos lead the AHL in scoring at one point when he played for WB-Scranton? Or did I make this up?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Didn't Tom Kostopoulos lead the AHL in scoring at one point when he played for WB-Scranton? Or did I make this up?

I don't think he ever lead his team in scoring in the AHL, let alone the league itself. Quick glance at hockeydb shows that the best he ever did at that level was 71 points , Cammy scoring over 100 points on that same team. And that was with Manchester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad