Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

Dec 6, 2017
Any advice on Sunday afternoon parking? I am not familiar with Hamilton at all so street names I can find on Google maps would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Free parking at Sir John A Macdonald school. Google 130 York Blvd in Hamilton. There is an 'L' shaped parking lot and you can park closer to Cannon and Bay and walk up Bay Street to the First Ontario Centre, OR, you can go around the 'L' shaped lot and park closer to York Street and just walk up York towards the stop light (Bay Street) and you are right there. You will see a 7-Eleven store across the street from the arena (York and Bay). Very easy.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Looking forward to Thursday game teIcedgs can clinch the canine cup with a winI believe and it appears the Dogs maybe turning their slump around.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Great weekend. Team showed bounce back grit without Bitten and Mattinen. Mutter and Jackson banged some bodies and added a physical dimension which changed things up when needed. Discipline was much better too. Hopefully they can continue to roll. Go Dogs!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
7 wins in their last 9 games but the sked doesn't get any easier.

BUG Donofrio is doing everything and more to give Fulcher some needed rest. 10-1-1 record is way better than anyone expected.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
7 wins in their last 9 games but the sked doesn't get any easier.

BUG Donofrio is doing everything and more to give Fulcher some needed rest. 10-1-1 record is way better than anyone expected.

You don't often see a 10-1-1 record with a save % as low as .886. Hamilton must really keep the shots against very low when he starts

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Trifecta of wins this weekend means the Bulldogs have clinched the division. Looks like we'll get to hang something beside the Calder Cup Championship banner next year.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
If they can win in regulation on Wednesday they would win the Eastern Conference and could start rotating players in and out of the line-up for their last 4 games to get them ready for the playoffs.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Which matchup is more favorable for the Bulldogs for the playoffs? Steelheads or 67s? Preferably, they need to draw Ottawa--the Trout look like a team that could knock the Bulldogs out in the 1st round--which could be costly for the franchise, due to all the assets spent to win now, and could cost Staios and Gruden their jobs.

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
Theoretically, you'd think they'd wanna play Mississauga after beating them all 6 times this year. And the travel. But the talent and experience on that team is a wild card. Now granted a top team should have no preference, but I'd think in reality they will hope for an Ottawa matchup. I also noticed the last time the 67's came to town it got chippy which could make for an entertaining series.

vince

Dec 6, 2017
Any Bull dogs fans heading to Niagara tonight should be a good game.

Will be there...looking forward to clinching but it wont be easy. Nothing has been coming easy with these Bulldogs since the trade deadline. Lots of chemistry and meshing issues noticeable and they have to overcome it or they may even lose to an Ottawa team in the first round of the playoffs, let alone what Mississauga could do to them.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Will be there...looking forward to clinching but it wont be easy. Nothing has been coming easy with these Bulldogs since the trade deadline. Lots of chemistry and meshing issues noticeable and they have to overcome it or they may even lose to an Ottawa team in the first round of the playoffs, let alone what Mississauga could do to them.

Considering how much they spent for their win now moves--a 1st round loss will lead to major changes in the Bulldogs organization in 2018-19--almost certainly costing Gruden his job, and possibly Staios as well.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
According to game sheet Fulcher is the back-up and the following players are not dressed:

Lemcke
Stillman
Caamano
Bitten
Burnell
Strome
Thomas
Moore

Popcorn sales should be up tonight.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Hat trick for Marian Studenic in what will likely be his final OHL game for the regular season--he's AHL eligible next year being an import, and is likely booked for Binghamton.

Now the Bulldogs await an opponent--pending results in the 67s and Steelheads games.

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
It's always bothered me that so many people in Canada care about the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament but the average person seems to know a lot less about the (far superior) CHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup (obviously this is because of the dramatic single-elimination bracket format of March Madness and all the media attention it gets). I've always thought it would be fun though to fill out some sort of CHL playoff bracket but since I've never really found a good way to do it online, I decided to try creating my own for this year. Although it's a bit complicated and not the most user-friendly, there's step-by-step instructions on the website that should help. So if want to give it a try go to: memorialcupbracket.weebly.com

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Don't mean to be a downer, but that playoff preview was a joke--this Bulldogs team is a good bet to get bounced in the 2nd round if they draw Niagara (they're 1-5 vs. the IceDogs--better pray Oshawa beats them). And the Soo Greyhounds are overwhelming faves to win the OHL Championship--Sting just don't come close to the Soo.

As for the Ottawa series--they should easily win in 4 or 5, as the 67s aren't ready to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad