Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Exactly my point. Moore should have been penalized before the alleged bite. Good player but still not the angel some like to paint a picture of. He is a good of disturber as there is in the league.
Doesn't KITCHENER have their own board? Why are you trolling here to begin with? If you listen to the OHL broadcasts at all, you'd know that the Hamilton broadcast is right at the top in its professionalism and their is NOONE with more enthusiasm, knowledge and insight than Reed and Troy. They have nothing to apologize for!

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Our guys got worked over in the 1st.

The Hounds are a fast club. Constant movement/passing in the offensive zone. Solid transition game, had a number of odd man rushes. Can see why they are top of the food chain in the OHL and Canada.

Looked like men v boys out there. Hope it doesn't hit double digits. Find your legs in the 2nd period, Dogs or you're gonna get run outta the building.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Now 8-0. Fulcher got run out after the 1st--and Nick Donofrio is doing no better. This is more like the Greyhounds team that is certainly going to win the J. Ross Robertson Cup and a trip to Regina.. this Bulldogs team is far from even being a threat to the elite in the West like Sarnia and the Soo. Some very ugly +/- stats tonight...

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
One game isnt everything. Yes this is a beat down of epic proportions but its also a statement game to our fan base and coaches after a lot of lack luster efforts. The hounds were clearly mad after blowing alot of late game leads.
Don’t know what happened to the bulldogs last night long bus ride maybe?
They seemed to be chasing the game right from the get go only had 9 shots midway through the game .Thomas seemed to be more interested to talk to the refs and Raddysh and Katchouk than play his game I was excited to see him play and was let down after seeing his effort 3 seconds left face off in his end and he lets Verbeek loose on the draw and bang it’s in the net with 1.2 seconds left giving Verbeek a hat trick he has to play better if Hamilton is going to be a true contender

Reactions: 93MemCup

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Blowout in Sudbury last night, 8-4 in favor of the Bulldogs, with Matt Strome and Saigeon having big nights.

However, the Bulldogs may be shorthanded and financially poorer(along with the Wolves) Monday vs. Owen Sound, as Cammano, Lemcke and Bitten(and possibly more) may face suspensions for their actions in the game late in the 3rd period.. in a game where multiple Wolves were tossed for misconducts.. depending how David Branch reacts to what happened.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs put up a clunker vs. Owen Sound, losing 4-3 to the Attack, a game they needed to win. And Riley Stillman may be sitting for a little while, after he was nailed with a major penalty for a check to the head, depending how the Wheel of Justice spins by David Branch..

Do the Bulldogs even want the #1 seed? Their lead's down to 5 for the 2 seed (Barrie) and 4 for the 3 seed (Kingston).. lose the #1 seed and it's not a good thing for Hamilton. Perhaps Gruden needs to have a little talk with his players.. as the team is under .500 in their last 11 games, which is not a good sign when the team expects to go deep in the playoffs.. right now, they look like a team that may face an early exit in the playoff, which if it happens, will cost Staios and Gruden their jobs.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Bulldogs put up a clunker vs. Owen Sound, losing 4-3 to the Attack, a game they needed to win. And Riley Stillman may be sitting for a little while, after he was nailed with a major penalty for a check to the head, depending how the Wheel of Justice spins by David Branch..

Do the Bulldogs even want the #1 seed? Their lead's down to 5 for the 2 seed (Barrie) and 4 for the 3 seed (Kingston).. lose the #1 seed and it's not a good thing for Hamilton. Perhaps Gruden needs to have a little talk with his players.. as the team is under .500 in their last 11 games, which is not a good sign when the team expects to go deep in the playoffs.. right now, they look like a team that may face an early exit in the playoff, which if it happens, will cost Staios and Gruden their jobs.

He already got 10 games earlier in the season for a hit to the head of now teammate Marian Studenic so I can't see this suspension being any less than 10 games as a repeat offender in the same season

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
He already got 10 games earlier in the season for a hit to the head of now teammate Marian Studenic so I can't see this suspension being any less than 10 games as a repeat offender in the same season

Regardless, it's another blow to the Bulldogs hopes of finishing with the top seed--they could lose it at week's end, as they have a road game vs. surging Kingston, who are looking like the team to beat in the East now and have a shot at getting into the OHL finals against the Soo or Sarnia..

ohlfanos

Jul 21, 2006
owen sound ontario
This is not the same Owen Sound team from a month ago.....this is getting to be the team that everyone projected...makes a big difference with healthy bodies....still missing#1 dman for another week or so.....credit where credit is due

Reactions: Noofgoof

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Discipline and timely goal tending have been an issue for a while now. Too many penalties and too many mistakes by Fulcher have really hurt. Along with these problems, perhaps the biggest elephant in the room is the negative effect Thomas has had on line chemistry. The bulldogs were a team that moved the puck up ice through the neutral zone, Thomas continues to carry and hold onto the puck all the way into the offensive zone and his line mates have not adjusted. (no matter who they are) The clock is ticking for the staff to make things right or this will be a short playoff run. "something's rotten in the state of Denmark?"

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Stillman is about to be signed apparently, so another guy who won’t be back in the OHL next year for HAM. I’m surprised by this if we’re being honest

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Discipline and timely goal tending have been an issue for a while now. Too many penalties and too many mistakes by Fulcher have really hurt. Along with these problems, perhaps the biggest elephant in the room is the negative effect Thomas has had on line chemistry. The bulldogs were a team that moved the puck up ice through the neutral zone, Thomas continues to carry and hold onto the puck all the way into the offensive zone and his line mates have not adjusted. (no matter who they are) The clock is ticking for the staff to make things right or this will be a short playoff run. "something's rotten in the state of Denmark?"

It better be fixed soon--a first round exit will cost Staios and Gruden their jobs, as Andlauer may decide for major changes in the organization, with a significant rebuild looming after this season.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Once the Jan trade deadline passed the Bulldogs knew they were going to have to replace 10 players. There was no secret, it was a numbers game as they decided to go all in.

I hope the fans support this team because they may not be around much longer. Large crowds will show the City that they want OHL hockey.

LongtimeListener

Nov 27, 2017
It better be fixed soon--a first round exit will cost Staios and Gruden their jobs, as Andlauer may decide for major changes in the organization, with a significant rebuild looming after this season.

What's your strategy since you are so well versed in Hamilton and hockey? What would you have done so differently? Would you have bowed out because the all the West teams are so strong? The window to win in this league, and frankly all of the CHL, is so small you almost have to go for it. If not now, when? The cost to win is never cheap regardless of the path to get there.

If your plan (although you've never shared any real plan or anything of substance, just complained when it rains outside or when the Bulldogs lose) was to wait until you have all your stars align and roll into the Mem Cup you could wait a lifetime. I know this team is struggling right now which I (along with many others on here recognize) but I for one endorse the moves to go for it at all. Fortune favours the brave my friend.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
What's your strategy since you are so well versed in Hamilton and hockey? What would you have done so differently? Would you have bowed out because the all the West teams are so strong? The window to win in this league, and frankly all of the CHL, is so small you almost have to go for it. If not now, when? The cost to win is never cheap regardless of the path to get there.

If your plan (although you've never shared any real plan or anything of substance, just complained when it rains outside or when the Bulldogs lose) was to wait until you have all your stars align and roll into the Mem Cup you could wait a lifetime. I know this team is struggling right now which I (along with many others on here recognize) but I for one endorse the moves to go for it at all. Fortune favours the brave my friend.

What they should've done was upgrade the goalie position, for one thing, and get better disciplined players.. because soft goaltending by Fulcher and frequent discipline issues are killing this team. I mean, they should be rolling through the East--not getting beaten by West teams and watching their lead disappear in the standings.

vince

Dec 6, 2017
I have always said they should have traded for an experienced goalie from the time they made all their early trades, and especially by the deadline when they got Thomas. Why? If you load up on skaters and your goaltending isnt strong (and it wasnt, regardless of what people say of Fulcher), then you are defeating the purpose. Fulcher has had good games but has had games where easy shots go in which cant happen in the playoffs. You can see how he is playing lately as an example. He fights the puck, and many times has no clue where it is, and.....Donofrio isnt ready to back him up in multiple rounds in the playoffs. What if Fulcher even gets hurt? This will be all for not. It is like in baseball where you build your team around hitters, infielders and outfielders but you have no pitching. You wont go far unless you score 5-10 runs per game but then you would still be winning 10-8. That is my only regret. Regardless, i dont think they would ever beat the West with who they have, but at least they could have won the East but that doesnt seem probable now.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Once the Jan trade deadline passed the Bulldogs knew they were going to have to replace 10 players. There was no secret, it was a numbers game as they decided to go all in.

I hope the fans support this team because they may not be around much longer. Large crowds will show the City that they want OHL hockey.

I should probably note that the family day game vs Owen Sound (who is not a big name team) did draw a crowd of 7,327 which is more then any OHL team can potentially draw except for Kitchener and London.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I should probably note that the family day game vs Owen Sound (who is not a big name team) did draw a crowd of 7,327 which is more then any OHL team can potentially draw except for Kitchener and London.

It should be noted the Attack, despite not being a 'big name team', always draws well on the road . Ask any Mississauga Ice Dogs fan from 2011. :)

Reactions: Noofgoof

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Also note it was a Family Day game as well and I imagine the Bulldogs gave away a fair amount of those tickets through promotions..

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Gritty Win last night. Defence was great. Tough to shut down Vilardi, Nymen, Robertson etc. in their barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->