Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogsbaby

Jul 2, 2017
Hamilton, ON
What'd you guys think of Donofrio's game? I thought he played extremely well. It's tough for a goalie to find a groove when they don't get very many starts & I think last night he handled things really well. Didn't seem lost, seemed confident and he showed why the team kept him around. I don't know a thing about being a goalie, never played, but he definitely stood out to me last night. Also seems like a good kid

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Donofrio has done everything you would hope for in a rookie goaltender. His 8-1-1 record speaks for itself and he just might get some extra starts if Hamilton can lock up the #1 seed sooner than later.

Fulcher has the second lowest GAA among Eastern Conference goalies (behind Helvig) but has some big games coming up down the stretch.

The Bulldogs have exactly 1/4 of the season left to play (17 games) with only 7 of them on the road.
They still have 4 big games with top Western Conference teams: 2 with the Soo and singles with Kitchener and Owen Sound. They also have 3 with Niagara and two each with Barrie and Oshawa.

Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Apparently the Bulldogs decided to have a bad morning, as they were shelled by Barrie 5-1, and may lose Lemcke for several games after those two misconducts for unsportsmanlike conduct.. what was his problem? And this was a bad loss--especially with two top-tier teams coming this weekend. Are they trying to get Barrie, Kingston and even Niagara back in the race for the #1 seed?

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
Well that was how to lay an egg this morning. Barrie had early jump, better discipline and better finishing. It was nuts in there and the Dogs did not seem to respond at all. Nurse and Studenic put in solid efforts, but most of the others seemed to go through the motions until the third period. Bitten gets a pass because he's skating on one leg. (He should've sat til Saturday imo) It doesn't get mentioned often because he's solid for the most part, but Fulcher is going to have to 'up' his game intensity if we are gonna go anywhere. He gets in a mess behind his own net way too often, which causes confusion among the D and invariably we give up a grade A chance. A big effort is required on Saturday to bounce back. The sky isn't falling just yet. Go Dogs!

BrunoDaBear

Jan 27, 2017
Man could someone in Hamilton give Reed Duthie a horse tranquilizer before the next game. Guy whines more than Farwell and that is saying something. I never heard a colour guy cry as much as this guy.
Stop your whining.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
3rd period collapse ends up costing the Bulldogs the game. Not a good time for it, as Kingston is only 8 points back now for top seed and Barrie is 9 points out, and the Bulldogs face a grueling home-and-home with the Soo Greyhounds..

Fulcher struggled in this game.. and offset the fact Hamilton outshot Kitchener, and Kaliyev had a 2-goal game.

Need to win these games--with the way this team is playing, they don't have any business thinking about being in the OHL finals at the moment, especially as teams like Missy, Kingston and Barrie are heating up..

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Huge win for the Bulldogs, stepping up vs. the best team in the OHL!

4 point game for Matthew Strome and McKenzie Entwistle. They really needed this win..

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Glad to see the team rally and send the message to the O that the Soo aren't unbeatable, especially after that tough loss to Kitchener.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Man could someone in Hamilton give Reed Duthie a horse tranquilizer before the next game. Guy whines more than Farwell and that is saying something. I never heard a colour guy cry as much as this guy.

Hey bobber,

My apologies if you felt I was whining on the broadcast, didn't mean it to come off that way and don't really remember whining to be honest.

All I can do is be better next time out, appreciate you tuning in anyway and good luck to you're Rangers in the playoffs on the West side, will be quite the battle.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hey bobber,

My apologies if you felt I was whining on the broadcast, didn't mean it to come off that way and don't really remember whining to be honest.

All I can do is be better next time out, appreciate you tuning in anyway and good luck to you're Rangers in the playoffs on the West side, will be quite the battle.
Thanks rcduthie77. I should have explained what bothered me in the broadcast. Moore shoved McEneny in the back of the helmet while he had his head down in a scramble in front of the Rangers net. He then proceeded to shove his glove in McEneny's face several times getting him in the mouth. No call on that but he proceeded to the bench complaining to the coach that he was bitten. Now first if some one shoves a glove down your throat and tries to take a tonsil out he is libel to come into contact with the victims teeth. Maybe he did get bit I don't know. There was no call on the play but you seemed determined to make a federal case out of the incident more than once after it was all over. I just thought it was over exaggerated from my point of view. I love the way Moore plays with skill and on the edged for smaller forward. We are all homers when it comes to cheering for our home team and that was just my take on the incident. Other than that issue I think you did a commendable job on the broadcast.

Reactions: NuSpitzFan

vince

Dec 6, 2017
Hey bobber,

Reed, you are one of the best at your job in the OHL.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks rcduthie77. I should have explained what bothered me in the broadcast. Moore shoved McEneny in the back of the helmet while he had his head down in a scramble in front of the Rangers net. He then proceeded to shove his glove in McEneny's face several times getting him in the mouth. No call on that but he proceeded to the bench complaining to the coach that he was bitten. Now first if some one shoves a glove down your throat and tries to take a tonsil out he is libel to come into contact with the victims teeth. Maybe he did get bit I don't know. There was no call on the play but you seemed determined to make a federal case out of the incident more than once after it was all over. I just thought it was over exaggerated from my point of view. I love the way Moore plays with skill and on the edged for smaller forward. We are all homers when it comes to cheering for our home team and that was just my take on the incident. Other than that issue I think you did a commendable job on the broadcast.

Hey fair enough!

On our end we do know Moore did get bit. We got word he actually had the bite mark on his wrist.

My reaction to it wasn't even so much the bite itself but that I've called Austin McEneny (great kid, great family) since he was young player for the Caldeonia Corvairs and he's always been a favourite of mine. To even look like he'd bite someone was so out of character for him I was having a tough time wrapping my head around it. Calm, cool, collected blueliner from his rookie season in junior.

Reactions: NuSpitzFan

Mfabbro

Jan 16, 2017

Apparently Moore was trying to get his finger into McEneny's mouth and grab hold of his cheek ..... guess looking to rip it?? and yes he got bit Have to say... I would too as it appears his hands where tied up. I guess that's what you get when to put your fingers into someones mouth! Unfortunately the refs failed to call along with many others that afternoon

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Apparently Moore was trying to get his finger into McEneny's mouth and grab hold of his cheek ..... guess looking to rip it?? and yes he got bit Have to say... I would too as it appears his hands where tied up. I guess that's what you get when to put your fingers into someones mouth! Unfortunately the refs failed to call along with many others that afternoon
Exactly my point. Moore should have been penalized before the alleged bite. Good player but still not the angel some like to paint a picture of. He is a good of disturber as there is in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->