Hamilton Bulldogs 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Bulldogs are already down 3-0 to Flint.. and Donofrio is starting as expected. Connor Roberts has already burned his former team with a goal..
I am amazed at the resilience of this team. I think the trades have helped by adding more grit and speed. I was very critical of them earlier and have to walk that criticism back a bit.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs have come back and tied it at 3.

Fulcher came in after the 2nd after Donofrio got yanked for giving up 3 goals on 8 shots.. Studenic, Moore and Bitten all have goals for Hamilton.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Bulldogs have come back and tied it at 3.

Fulcher came in after the 2nd after Donofrio got yanked for giving up 3 goals on 8 shots.. Studenic, Moore and Bitten all have goals for Hamilton.
....and Connor Roberts with a goal while enduring the certain rout. We needed that one. You guys got enough W's in your near future.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs win again 5-3! Matt Strome with a 3-point afternoon, Saigeon with a pair of goals, Moore with 3 points! Starting to pull further away from Kingston and Barrie in the standings.

Fans, sadly, are somewhere else, likely waiting for another Leafs game.. only 2,951 showed up. For a team that is looking like a Eastern conference powerhouse this season, this is very disappointing. Of course, both the Bulldogs and Steelheads are having attendance problems.. it's low attendance like this at FirstOntario that shows the City of Hamilton needs to get talking with Andlauer on a new, smaller arena ASAP..

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Another good win by the Bulldogs today. I expected this to be the toughest game of the weekend but it's nice to beat Mississauga - a team loaded with high-end talent. Hamilton capitalized on 2 power plays in the first and didn't look back. Looked like Gruden is still trying to figure out lines as they were juggled a bit throughout the game, which included promoting Studenic from the third line to the top line and bumping Bitten down.

Really nice to see 4 players with multi-point games today. Also great to see goals coming from a variety of guys now compared to a few weeks ago.

It will be interesting in the next month to see what else Hamilton does to build the team, and which eastern conference teams in playoff positions decide to buy and sell.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Bulldogs 2015 4th round pick Noah Lugli(who chose not to sign with Hamilton and is headed the NCAA route) was just picked up by the Wellington Dukes from the Minnesota Wilderness, an NAHL team.

Wellington lands Lugli in deal with Minnesota-based club

And the way the Dukes are playing this season (tops in the OJHL with a 21-4-3-4 record), they're loading up for a run for the Dudley Hewitt and possibly the RBC Cup..

Considering how much of the D-Line the Bulldogs stand to lose after this season, he would've been a good piece to have.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Sounds like the Bulldogs' top dman Lemcke is out for a few weeks with a separated shoulder. Other guys will be relied upon to cover his minutes.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Hello.
I am planning to head down to the game tonight in Hamilton.
Curious if someone can recommend a place to park that isn't too long of a walk to the arena - I don't mind paying.
Any help, or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Generally I park in the lot on the corner of York Blvd & Park St N. I believe it's $5 after 6pm (don't pay a minute before). Loonies and toonies work best as the machine seems to cause troubles for people paying by credit card sometimes. It's right by the arena. There is also a parking lot directly across from the main entrance to the arena on Bay St N and I believe it's usually $10.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Generally I park in the lot on the corner of York Blvd & Park St N. I believe it's $5 after 6pm (don't pay a minute before). Loonies and toonies work best as the machine seems to cause troubles for people paying by credit card sometimes. It's right by the arena. There is also a parking lot directly across from the main entrance to the arena on Bay St N and I believe it's usually $10.

Thank you very much! I am looking forward to my first OHL experience in Hamilton!

vince

Dec 6, 2017
I think if you park on York street on the Sir John A McDonald school side, the meters are payable until 6pm (i may be wrong on that though). Otherwise, you can park inside Sir John A Mcdonald school parking lot, and park closer to York street to be 2 minutes walking distance from the arena. To get to the parking lot you have to drive along Bay, turn left at Cannon and an immediate left into the school parking lot. Drive around the school to get closer to York street parking area and then walk from there. The parking is free there. I have parked there every game and i suppose you still could get ticketed for parking there but no one has to date.

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I think if you park on York street on the Sir John A McDonald school side, the meters are payable until 6pm (i may be wrong on that though). Otherwise, you can park inside Sir John A Mcdonald school parking lot, and park closer to York street to be 2 minutes walking distance from the arena. To get to the parking lot you have to drive along Bay, turn left at Cannon and an immediate left into the school parking lot. Drive around the school to get closer to York street parking area and then walk from there. The parking is free there. I have parked there every game and i suppose you still could get ticketed for parking there but no one has to date.

Thank you too! Between you and the other kind user, I should be able to find something.....but if you see a panic stricken man in a crimson Storm jersey wandering around Hess village, it's me. lol

Thanks again

vince

Dec 6, 2017
ok so that is fair warning that we dont let you into the arena lol....thanks

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Awful 3rd period collapse tonight. This team has really improved their discipline in the past 6-8 weeks but tonight they fell off course. I may be wrong but I don't recall having a single powerplay, and not that Hamilton deserved one either.

For those who have been critical of Lemcke and didn't realize his importance, take notes for the next few weeks. After one game, there's already a glaring hole that was obvious tonight. George Burnett made sure it was exposed.

Strome was also on the ice for all 4 of Guelph's even strength goals as he was a -4. The other 2 goals against were on Guelph's PP.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Fulcher's SV% has fallen below .900. How much of that is due to defense, or is Fulcher that mediocre of a goalie? And should they give Donofrio more starts or look into trading for an upgrade?

And fans were at the Leafs game.. only 2,417 tonight. Please fill it up for Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday! Hamilton deserves better attendance than this for a top-tier club.. yet they're having the same attendance problems that are threatening to send the Mississauga Steelheads out of town..

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I believe Hamilton still needs to add defensively. A good solid 19 year old will provide them with added depth and experience. Something they should add at the deadline in the event an injury occurs. The playoffs are a grind and as games get more intense for playoff positioning after the New Year I believe Staios will add there.

WJ

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I believe Hamilton still needs to add defensively. A good solid 19 year old will provide them with added depth and experience. Something they should add at the deadline in the event an injury occurs. The playoffs are a grind and as games get more intense for playoff positioning after the New Year I believe Staios will add there.

WJ
I completely agree. Unfortunately upgrading a current dman for a better veteran would likely come at the expense of a younger dman (and picks), but that's the cost of trying to make a run.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I completely agree. Unfortunately upgrading a current dman for a better veteran would likely come at the expense of a younger dman (and picks), but that's the cost of trying to make a run.

Or adding a guy like O'Grady would maybe only cost a pick and Nurse!

WJ

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
interesting idea so IF Mete is returned to London what would Hamilton offer for a package of Mete + Pu or Jones

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Does anybody know what this is about, he was never given any penalties in this game

HAMNavrin MutterDec. 6IndefiniteTBD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Does anybody know what this is about, he was never given any penalties in this game

HAMNavrin MutterDec. 6IndefiniteTBD
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I think it might have to do with the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the 3rd period in the game.. he may have abused an official, of which he could face a 20 game suspension possibly..

Between this and the Lemcke injury, it's a huge blow to the Bulldogs.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
interesting idea so IF Mete is returned to London what would Hamilton offer for a package of Mete + Pu or Jones
I can't imagine Mete would be back but regardless, I think Hamilton would have to offer Webb or Landry plus picks.

Max Jones could definitely contribute to the team but his undisciplined history makes me very reluctant. Based on the moves Staios has made, he has traded most of the toughness away for speed, so I doubt Jones would work with the team's vision.

Cliff Pu in an interesting one although we seem to have a lot of guys who can play RW and Hamilton really doesn't have a lot of quality younger players to offer. If anything, Hamilton will have to rely of trading draft picks with players. I believe the only 17 year old remaining is McCourt. For 18 year olds there's Strome, Entwistle, Webb, Landry, Nurse, Garagan, and Jackson. I didn't add Donofrio simply because Hamilton needs both goalies.

Reactions: TheCoach

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think it might have to do with the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the 3rd period in the game.. he may have abused an official, of which he could face a 20 game suspension possibly..

Between this and the Lemcke injury, it's a huge blow to the Bulldogs.

Lemcke sure, but Mutter being out certainly isn't a huge blow to the Bulldogs...

Reactions: Canadian Game
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->