Hamill = Turris

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
From what I've seen of them they both look pretty equal. Similar size, scoring ability and work ethic. Hamill may have few more trick moves but they are both opportunistic when the puck comes their way.

Turris is playing in the BCHL and the opposition defensemen are smaller on average than those in the WHL. I don't think the BCHL has a Carey Price equivilent or even a Leland Irving just to mention a few. When it comes to draft day I think those two are interchangeable.

Whingman

Nov 1, 2005
I have only seen Hamill play a few times but I found him to be a pretty impressive player when I have seen him, but then I am not a scout. I don't fully understand why Hamill is falling out of everyones good graces, The guy has gone from top 5 pick, to top 10 pick, to top 15 pick, to late first rounder, to being left off alot of peoples top 30. The guy is tied for the lead in WHL scoring, I don't know how much more you can ask him to do in order to justify a first round selection.

I must stress I have only sporadically seen Hamill play over the past few years, but I would take him over Michael Repik, who recently seems to be getting the nod over Hamill.

Turris however appears to be the more loveable prospect, at this point he seems to have more potential to go top 5 than Hamill, but as we all know things can change in an instant.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Turris is a better skater than Hamil and that is probably why he is rated higher.

No question that Hamil will be a first round pick, howvever, and more than likely in the top half of the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad