TV: Halt and Catch Fire

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Gordon completely falling apart in a matter of a couple of episodes felt really forced. I still find Lee Pace the only one keeping this from being a disaster. With its ratings, I doubt it gets renewed anyways.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
Gordon completely falling apart in a matter of a couple of episodes felt really forced. I still find Lee Pace the only one keeping this from being a disaster. With its ratings, I doubt it gets renewed anyways.

Interesting, because, for me, the weakest part of the show is everything concerning Joe.

I don't care for Joe. I never did.
I don't care for his love life.
I don't care for his professional life.
He just can leave for California, I don't care.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Well, there's season 2 done. Kind of lost interest in the last couple episodes. I would like to see it come back, but won't be too upset if it doesn't. Its had a good run.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I'm kinda getting tired of the whole "lets change the entire concept of our company" mantra of Mutiny. Hey lets make games, hey now lets make a chat server, hey now lets make a primitive version of kijiji!

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I'm kinda getting tired of the whole "lets change the entire concept of our company" mantra of Mutiny. Hey lets make games, hey now lets make a chat server, hey now lets make a primitive version of kijiji!

I wasn't born yet in the 80's, but I was under the impression that on the plot side of the show, the constant change of direction in Mutiny is kind of the point. Computers were just starting to become a big deal, so companies were looking for the best possible opening that they could find for market penetration. Computers hadn't really been "figured out" at all yet, so a shift in vision was often necessary in order to try to figure out how best to give the users what they want.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
That was a very, very good season of TV.

Thanks to AMC for renewing it for a final round.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Yup. S4 is shaping up to be great. Enjoying all of these storylines.

Love how Gordon and Cameron keep connecting over classic video games.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Holy shit. That episode was so well done.

I'm definitely NOT tearing up.... Omg

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Wowwww, what an episode. Very moving, and beautiful TV death for the late, great Gordon Clark. Bit sad he never got to see Hailey that night.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That was a tough episode, 3 more episodes left...it'll be sad to see this show go.

Interesting, because, for me, the weakest part of the show is everything concerning Joe.

I don't care for Joe. I never did.
I don't care for his love life.
I don't care for his professional life.
He just can leave for California, I don't care.

Then you really haven't been paying much attention to the show.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
It’s funny how I posted that in 2015, I didn’t came back on this thread until today, just in time for your answer.

That’s the great argument on TV forums, isn't it : your opinion is not good, because you don’t understand the show. What there is to understand? The show failed to make me care for Joe. He could have been absent from that 4th season it wouldn't have changed anything. The fourth season is the best, in my unlighted opinion, beacause it focused on Gordon, Joanie, Hayley and Donna.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Gordon finally got to hear the song, a lullaby, that he was trying to remember in an earlier episode.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Annnnnd that's wrap :(

Beautiful f'n show. Shame it never got the audience it deserved. Lots of crap keeps bumping up on this forum, but i had to dig back 7 pages to find this. Ugh.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yup. The show just grew and grew. I thought 1st season was alright, 2nd season was very good and 3rd and 4th season were fantastic. Last 4 episodes was an emotional rollercoaster lol. This show really got to me and it's gonna feel kinda empty not having it to look forward too anymore

Randomly found out about the show a few days before the premiere, and as a future computer science student I thought it sounded really intresting. Been following it ever since. Really glad i found it.

Reactions: vdB

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I agree with the media reviews that the finale was a perfect fit for what the show became and was really about. I like how the characters changed and developed over the series which isn't an easy thing to do. These nuanced shows are ratings losers, but that's ok. Those few of us who watched, we got 4 seasons of really good story telling. Shhh, don't tell anyone, it'll be our secret.

Reactions: vdB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad