Halifax Mooseheads: 2017-2018 Thread

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Veleno is between 10th and 15th in Q players I would trade for with the coming series.
He reminds me of Angelo Esposito.

I'm not huge on Veleno but with Saint John about to head into a rebuild and how we have 2-1st (Hal, Que) to trade in the next draft, I would be all over this. Adding him to our core would fit for this year and next year where we stand a big chance at hosting a memorial cup.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Any trade rumors for the Mooseheads? We do have our 1st and Quebec's 1st to work with I believe in the next draft. I think it would be smart to make a move now and acquire a key piece for this year and next year.

Wonder if Val-d'Or would trade Noel? I think he could add some offense on our back end. Not sure where they stand in their re-build but they are near the bottom of the standings at the moment.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Moose Trade ROU's 1st rd pick next year to BAT ( which they used to pick up Balmas )

For CB 3rd 2018 and Jack Ryczek .

A head scratcher so far ...we've never been able to talk a kid out of collage have we ?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
All I can think of is they've already talked to the guy and he expressed interest in joining the Mooseheads if we acquired him. Just looking at his stats, he's only played 5 games this year, though I can't find any info about him being injured, so I'm guessing he's been a healthy scratch. Maybe he wants a change of scenery.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
He's agreed to report ! I love when Cam proves me wrong !

Now the question is which Dmen to we move to make room ?

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Jorden Lapage to Rim for ROUs 1st RD pick that we traded for Ryczek .

So basically , Lapage for Ryczek .

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Good for him. Gets to play regular now in front of family and friends. I liked Lepage. Ryczek has been good so far. Fast with a good shot. Think the Moose front office did Lepage a solid. Hopefully he's good with it

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Anyone else have a problem with the qmjhl website looking at league leaders for points etc...

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
I have to say this is pretty neat. I sorta don't consider Marchand a Moosehead alumni (he is technically though) because of being a trade deadline acquisition for a playoff run, and what happened when he was supposed to be playing versus Gatineau after knowing they would lose...

Anyway, MacK is 2nd in the league for ppg, Marchand is 3rd, and Voracek is 5th. Funny enough, the reason for knowing Gatineau would win was the guy tied with March and sandwhiched between him and Vora, Giroux. That 51 pts in 19 games playoff run. Due credit to Paul Byron too with his 32 pts in 19 games.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I haven't had a chance to watch many games the last couple months, so can someone comment on how Gravel has been playing? I just noticed that his numbers have improved quite a bit from earlier in the season when I think his save % was hovering around .880

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I haven't had a chance to watch many games the last couple months, so can someone comment on how Gravel has been playing? I just noticed that his numbers have improved quite a bit from earlier in the season when I think his save % was hovering around .880

I've seen him play a couple games and he looked pretty steady to me. His size definitely jumps out when you watch him play and then factor in he's only 17...

Goalies to me are such a crap shoot now at this age. Does anyone hear about how Halifax native Mason McDonald is looking outside of Jr. now?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I've seen him play a couple games and he looked pretty steady to me. His size definitely jumps out when you watch him play and then factor in he's only 17...

Goalies to me are such a crap shoot now at this age. Does anyone hear about how Halifax native Mason McDonald is looking outside of Jr. now?

Pretty sure that Flames fans have given up on him already. Hard to blame them too, it's his second pro season and he's putting up some pretty bad numbers in the ECHL.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do you have a different site for stats/standings?

Not really. If you are looking for individual player stats, I use eliteprospects.com. It tracks a lot of stats and I am a numbers person. As for the Q stats/standings, I just deal with the pain. lol

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What are the latest typical line-up configurations when healthy? Mooseheads are an impressive team considering we have a large part of the core at age 16 or 17.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lavoie - Somppi - Zadina
Durandeau - Groulx - Fortier
Parent - Bishop - Moynihan
Dachyshyn - Crossley - Higgins
Petten

Chainey - Flower
McIsaac - Ryczek
Kyte - Barron

Thanks man! Hope Zadina is back next year and we get the memorial cup. We need him and we might need to make a trade to get a decent European pick as an insurance policy. Problem is we have to make this move before we know Zadina is in the NHL as a 18 year old or not.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
I came here to vent a bit of frustration. I've been to all the Moose home games this year and just get furious when it seems that a player has to be kicked out of the circle at every single face off. The officials really take away from the actual entertainment by not allowing the games to move smoothly. I don't really ever gripe about to much but I watched the televised game this weekend against the Titan and not once did I notice any players getting kicked out of the circle. What gives? They should be embarrassed knowing they are intentionally disrupting the flow of a game. There that's all. If any other Moose fans noticed this let me know if you think I'm out to lunch or I really did see a well officiated game on the tube.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->