Petten / Bishop / Dachyshyn
Crossley

McIsaac / Flower
Chainey / Barron
Kyte / Legage
Jones

Gravel
Mann-Dixon

I think we have issues up the middle. Who's the puck possession centers? We are going to be fine but I think we should go after Veleno and give Saint John a ton of our of future picks to help their rebuild. Not sure how good the Sea Dogs will be this year but I suspect they will be in the bottom half of the standings? Rebuild years coming from them IMO. Mooseheads have lots of 1st round picks we can trade too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zadina very high in these rankings. What are some projections for his first year in the Q?

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018-nhl-draft/2018-nhl-draft-rankings-the-preseason-500/

PS who are these Euro Scouts the Moose have? Quite the run on high end talent.

Technically there aren't any Euro scouts specifically on staff but the existing scouts and chief scouts do have a role in gathering info and watching Euros. Cam Russell also has a role in it too as he does a lot of the leg work reaching out to the high-end Euros to entice them to come here.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Zadina very high in these rankings. What are some projections for his first year in the Q?

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018-nhl-draft/2018-nhl-draft-rankings-the-preseason-500/

PS who are these Euro Scouts the Moose have? Quite the run on high end talent.

It's a great city to play hockey and we have one of the biggest rinks in the Q. This make it easier to convince high end talent to commit to the Mooseheads. The Euro draft is full of "interviews" where players decline because they have no interest to go to certain cities, even if they have the #1 pick.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Haven't seen any games yet but I will be at the home opener. Anybody know our line-up configurations at this stage?

Watched two of the three online and if I remember correctly they've been (mostly) running these lines:

Moynihan - Groulx - Fortier
Durandeau - Lavoie - Zadina
Parent - Bishop - Dachysyn (sp?)
Stewart - Crossley - Higgins

McIsaac - Barboas
Barron -Chainey
Kyte - Jones.

Gravel has started two of the three.

I'll be there tomorrow myself, should be a good game and excited to see the kids live.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zadina looks incredibly impressive. Everything is as advertised. You can see his strength, power, smarts, and boy can he shoot. The goal he scored in tight against Bathurst was beautiful.

I also have to say how impressed I am with Justin Barron. Without knowing who he was, if someone told me he was 16 I'd say that they're lying. He has very good size and he can't skate like the wind. You can see how poised he is with managing the puck and plays well in his own zone. He was out there in the last minute against Bathurst helping protect a one-goal lead so you can see how much the coaches trust him already. Hopefully he can keep up this effort over the season.

Reesor01

Jul 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I also have to say how impressed I am with Justin Barron. Without knowing who he was, if someone told me he was 16 I'd say that they're lying. He has very good size and he can't skate like the wind. You can see how poised he is with managing the puck and plays well in his own zone. He was out there in the last minute against Bathurst helping protect a one-goal lead so you can see how much the coaches trust him already. Hopefully he can keep up this effort over the season.

And they are lying. He's 15. Late Birthday. :D

Reactions: Patmac40

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Went to the game yesterday, first game I've watched this year. A couple things jumped out at me.

Parent is really, really good. Tenacious, skilled, great hands. This kid is going to be a stud. Score a very nice goal after taking a ton of punishment along the boards.

Zadina is not flashy, but he really gets the job done. Controls the play really well. Seems like a Mr. Dependable type.

Groulx was a bit of a disappointment for me. Quite a few times in the game he just seemed to back off from puck battles. For instance he would dump the puck in, and then make a move to go around the defender to chase the puck into the corner, but the defender would just give him a little shove and Groulx would stop in his tracks.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
With Otto back they had Lavoie playing wing , and it really up'd his game . I've been waiting for him to break out and tonight showed what it could look like if he did . His goal was so silky .

Gravel has being the biggest letdown so far for me ...hes really not Plying well at All .

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Another beauty by Lavoie last night. All of his goals this year were highlight variety

He's really surprised me this year. I didn't think he had this offensive upside in him. If he can keep it up he'll be very effective. Having a big physical winger that can score is always a good thing to have.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's really surprised me this year. I didn't think he had this offensive upside in him. If he can keep it up he'll be very effective. Having a big physical winger that can score is always a good thing to have.

You have to remember, he is only 17. The sky is the limit for this kid. He's got that size, skating, skill combo that most scouts look for. Not sure why he is eligible for the 2019 draft and not the 2018 draft?

Also, Isn't Lavoie a center?

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Another highlight reel goal for Lavoie in Gatineau tonight. Started the play in his own end then dished to Zadina who fed it back to him on the doorstep to put it home.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad