Waived: Haley, Kolarik, Newbury, Sean Collins, Mike Vernace, Tommy Grant, Brendon Segal

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Watch Collins, Vernace & Segal get picked up :amazed::amazed:
And nobody else
THAT would be something...
Garth Snow - "find your inner self - you really need these players" (Sather doing Jedi tricks...)
Fat chance though

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I wonder why guys like Haley are seen as superior to Newbury. NB seems to be the better player. Haley is a slightly better fighter, but it's not as if he's Stu Grimson.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Oh, did not know that. Still, you never know with a team like Columbus or the Islanders.

Bad teams have younger (probably cheaper) players to call up. They don't need a 26year old who's played a total of 6 NHL games since he was drafted in the 7th round in 2004. And Columbus already gave up on him (he played his first two NHL games with them several years ago).

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I guess it keeps cap space. We all know someone is going to get hurt and they are going to need a body or two from CT

We have plenty of cap space this season, though.

Plus Asham is out Game 1, so I guess this means Bickel plays forward. Really doesn't make any sense to make a D play forward if he doesn't have to.. oh well Torts seems to not care who the 12th forward or 6th dman is

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Dissapointed when I read Hakey wasn't in training camp.
Pissed off when I read he was put on waivers.

Don't understand why you give a kid a chance and then don't really let him get a shot to prove himself?

Haley over Nebury for me all day long. Has more of a wow factor to his game. Hes just a more exciting player. Newbury got ample chances to play here already. Never really made much noise. Haley never got the chance, however if he did/does I have a feeling he will have somewhat of an Avery-factor on the Garden fans. Sparkplug type of player.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Dissapointed when I read Hakey wasn't in training camp.
Pissed off when I read he was put on waivers.

Don't understand why you give a kid a chance and then don't really let him get a shot to prove himself?

Haley over Nebury for me all day long. Has more of a wow factor to his game. Hes just a more exciting player. Newbury got ample chances to play here already. Never really made much noise. Haley never got the chance, however if he did/does I have a feeling he will have somewhat of an Avery-factor on the Garden fans. Sparkplug type of player.

They have to be put on waivers to be able to play in Hartford this season. Do you think Sather purposely decided to give him money and then put him on waivers?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Re-entry waivers no longer exist--any player in the system can be called up without delay.

well that helps. So if these guys clear they can get called up anytime but if they go back down its waivers again

Could they not keep a F up once they clear tomorrow? So a guy like Haley may still get a shot

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
well that helps. So if these guys clear they can get called up anytime but if they go back down its waivers again

Could they not keep a F up once they clear tomorrow? So a guy like Haley may still get a shot

I don't see why they couldn't, but I would really doubt it considering they didn't invite Haley to camp/

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I get that, just don't understand why they didn't give him a chance in Camp. They sent him straight to Hfd.

I guess Torts is pretty set with the forwards, at least for now. The 6D spot has 3 guys battling for it. (All of whom suck)

But if Haley plays well in Hartford, they can quickly call him up. No re-entry waivers.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC

A player is more likely to pass through waivers at a time like this when there's tons of players on waivers. More likely to be claimed otherwise.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
I think a team may take a stab at Kolarik and Haley. I know I would if I was a lower-end team.

In other news Deveaux was waived by FLA. If I were the Rangers I would send a claim in.

After his dirty elbows I think his time with the Rangers is done. No respectable team is going to want to ice a player that dirty or plain reckless unless he's got some other kind of good reason to keep him.

I hope we have somebody other than Haley that eventually will be able to handle Gallant an Islander AHL prospect . He gives Haley a bloody face here .

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/113433

I'm not to worried about Gallant. To the extreme a guy like Scott didn't have enough skating ability to be and effective enforcer. You've got to be able to at least skate up to a guy and lay on a solid hit. Watching Colton Orr skate around trying to hit someone or reaching for them winded as the whistle blew was down right laughable at times. If it's just a matter of someone tying the guy up and taking him off the ice for 5 minutes, Bickel, Rupp, and Asham can be the designated punching bag. If they do it right, Gallant goes for an additional 10.

Real team toughness is going to be behind guys like Callahan, Rupp, and Boyle who skate well enough to lineup team
s guys and lay a solid hit and other guys like Nash and Kreider who can move right through the physical play coming their way.

Last edited:

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
ugh he is horrible.. id rather them call up Kolarik :shakehead

Segal is more like Asham so it makes sense to me for a 1 game sub in. or Bickel plays and Segal just spares. I dont think Bickel has played F in camp though so I am going to guess for 1 game its Segal.

also means they have no interest in waiver players like Nodl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->