haha, crosby clarifies his position. who'd have thought??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Quote:
People like NGO and JFF...everytime I see an owner or someone pro-owner do or say something stupid, I recognize it as such.

Why is it that you try to justify everything the PA says and does because of your support?

I think they (along with a couple others) are in love. It's the only explanation. I mean the zealousness they show is amazing. They are like a pack of dogs that are constantly on the attack. Someone makes any comment against a player or the NHLPA, within seconds one of them is there and squeeling. Heck if you didn't watch the names of the posters you'd almost think the board was split 50/50 as far as the CBA goes...they are THAT LOUD!! Only love could drive you to such extents. Personally I think they should just <vulgar comment> them and get it over with!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Sotnos: Today at 04:42 PM. Reason: vulgar comment

Whoops...busted for vulgar comment. :snide:

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
BlackRedGold said:
And the owners aren't furnishing the labour. What's your point? One brings the capital and the other the labour.

No, the players are the paid *employees*. They don't run the business, which is what the "labour" part of "partnership" is talking about.

A Good Flying Bird*

Sinurgy said:
Quote:
People like NGO and JFF...everytime I see an owner or someone pro-owner do or say something stupid, I recognize it as such.

Why is it that you try to justify everything the PA says and does because of your support?

I think they (along with a couple others) are in love. It's the only explanation. I mean the zealousness they show is amazing. They are like a pack of dogs that are constantly on the attack. Someone makes any comment against a player or the NHLPA, within seconds one of them is there and squeeling. Heck if you didn't watch the names of the posters you'd almost think the board was split 50/50 as far as the CBA goes...they are THAT LOUD!! Only love could drive you to such extents. Personally I think they should just <vulgar comment> them and get it over with!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Sotnos: Today at 04:42 PM. Reason: vulgar comment

Whoops...busted for vulgar comment. :snide:

Sweet.
Fortunately not everyone has fallen to such levels. Yet.

A Good Flying Bird*

PecaFan said:
No, the players are the paid *employees*. They don't run the business, which is what the "labour" part of "partnership" is talking about.

Yes, but unlike most employee-employer relationships, the players warrant extra consideration because, compared to most industrys, in pro-sports, the players pretty much ARE the product as well as the employees.
That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Wetcoaster

djhn579 said:
We have over 14,000 tickets sold for an AHL game in Buffalo tonight (Tuesday, 12/28). From that, I would say all star players are replaceable. If they provide an entertaining product (the game is the product), new stars will emerge.

When you are able to sell tickets at NHL prices, then maybe you have an argument.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Newsguyone said:
Sweet.
Fortunately not everyone has fallen to such levels. Yet.
Oh please, it was only a joke and it wasn't bad or mean spirited. I understand why the mod edited it but it wasn't like I called anyone names or anything like that. It was just funny and I feel described some peoples obsession with the players quite accurately. :D

A Good Flying Bird*

Sinurgy said:
Oh please, it was only a joke and it wasn't bad or mean spirited. I understand why the mod edited it but it wasn't like I called anyone names or anything like that. It was just funny and I feel described some peoples obsession with the players quite accurately. :D

Hey, we all develop our sense of humor at our own pace.

Don't feel bad about it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Newsguyone said:
Hey, we all develop our sense of humor at our own pace.

Don't feel bad about it.
I know and I'm sure you'll catch up eventually.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:
So, you're suggesting that the union is forcing Rob Ray to sue them? :eek:

that is obviously not what the above poster is saying. I am sure you actually understand that it looks bad for the NHLPA leader to have an NHLPA member sue the NHLPA but you are too bullheaded to actually address that and have instead for the one millionth time decided to stray

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
txomisc said:
that is obviously not what the above poster is saying. I am sure you actually understand that it looks bad for the NHLPA leader to have an NHLPA member sue the NHLPA but you are too bullheaded to actually address that and have instead for the one millionth time decided to stray

How does it make Goodenow look bad? Ray stated publicly that he'd disavow the membership requirements of the organization that he's purportedly claimed he's a member of. Reminds me of that Groucho Marx line about any club who'd have him is not worth being a member of.

Who's strongarming who? It's certainly not the NHLPA in this case.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Furthermore....

It's not bullheaded when you're right. Which I am. Again.

Doesn't matter if it's a union, the Boy Scouts, or the Catholic Church. If you can't abide by the rules of an organization (Rule #1 with the NHLPA: Don't scab), you deserve to be reprimanded.

Ray was flappin' his gums to anyone who'd listen six weeks into a LABOR DISPUTE about how he'd cross the picket line. Until he recants and offers a complete and full apology to the members of the NHLPA, he richly deserves to squirm a bit.

This lawsuit is a cheap and cowardly ploy. Ray comes across worse than a common streetwalker. At least a streetwalker answers to one pimp.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Care to point out which rule Ray broke? Show us the game tapes or the boxscores of his "scabbing".

Oh that's right. He hasn't played any games. So he *has* followed the rules of the organisation.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Bicycle Repairman said:
Furthermore....

This lawsuit is a cheap and cowardly ploy. Ray comes across worse than a common streetwalker. At least a streetwalker answers to one pimp.
Sorry if i fail to see your reasoning,Ray has paid his PA dues for 15 years,he has seen first hand the problems the NHL is going threw (Buffalo) and doesn't agree with Goodenow...doesn't change the fact he should get lockout pay like anyone else.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
T@T said:
Sorry if i fail to see your reasoning,Ray has paid his PA dues for 15 years,he has seen first hand the problems the NHL is going threw (Buffalo) and doesn't agree with Goodenow...doesn't change the fact he should get lockout pay like anyone else.

Don't you know that free speech is only allowed in the NHLPA if you support their position?

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Wetcoaster said:
When you are able to sell tickets at NHL prices, then maybe you have an argument.

17898! Fifth largest attendance for an AHL game ever! On top of that, in one of the cities with the highest number of union members per capita, it's extremely difficult to find anyone that supports the players.

As for ticket prices, it's kind of funny how the percieved quality of play (as evidenced by goals scored and the clutching and grabbing going on) have decreased as player salary has increased. Maybe players are being paid too much?

Anyway, if I was the NHLPA, I would be taking notice. If the NHL decides to use replacement players or have their farm teams play in the NHL cities, the fans will come out. Maybe not this well at first, but they will come out...

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20041229/1053562.asp

But a shutout? I wasn't expecting a shutout. Not in a city like Buffalo, so often categorized as a staunch, unyielding, union-blinded town in which common sense defers to a cause.

"No one I have talked with has sided with the players," said Kim Jakubiak of Williamsville. "Everybody is siding with the owners."

"My dad is 93 and he was an ironworker and even he can't understand it," Sullivan said. "He wonders when it's going to stop."

YellHockey*

djhn579 said:
On top of that, in one of the cities with the highest number of union members per capita, it's extremely difficult to find anyone that supports the players.

Where does Buffalo stand in terms of US cities in regards to education?

Lanny MacDonald*

Bicycle Repairman said:
Furthermore....

Doesn't matter if it's a union, the Boy Scouts, or the Catholic Church. If you can't abide by the rules of an organization (Rule #1 with the NHLPA: Don't scab), you deserve to be reprimanded.

Ray was flappin' his gums to anyone who'd listen six weeks into a LABOR DISPUTE about how he'd cross the picket line. Until he recants and offers a complete and full apology to the members of the NHLPA, he richly deserves to squirm a bit.

Actually, you are incorrect, but that's okay. Ray has committed no transgression against the union except expressing his own opinion, which is not against union rules, but has obviously pissed off the executive. He has played by the rules of the union and has earned the right to speak to his mind. If he choses to disagree with the union, that his his choice. But to have the union hold back his strike pay is just plain low. I'm not sure what else you expect Ray to do to get his money? A lawyer and a suit seems to be the common sense approach.

Lanny MacDonald*

BlackRedGold said:
Where does Buffalo stand in terms of US cities in regards to education?

Where do the players stand in that regard as well? :eek:

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:
Furthermore....

ok i dont know what planet you are from but in my world if you are the head of a group and that group is then sued by one of its members it at least somewhat reflects badly on you...and no you are not right so you are bullheaded. Rob Ray has not crossed the picket line therefore he has no violated the sacred NHLPA by actually doing anything. Stating you might cross a picket line is alot different than actually crossing the line. Perhaps you are smart enough to see that

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
PecaFan said:
Care to point out which rule Ray broke? Show us the game tapes or the boxscores of his "scabbing".

Oh that's right. He hasn't played any games. So he *has* followed the rules of the organisation.
exactly..clearly if Ray had been getting compensated all this time while locked out and then next season started with scabs and he played, that would be a good time to stop paying him

Lanny MacDonald*

Sinurgy said:
What was even the point of posting that?

I do believe that BlackRedGold was trying to take a shot at the intelligence of the Buffalo fans, not realizing that if he hammers the union folk of Buffalo he does the same to the union folk in the NHLPA. He's really really good at hiding his blanket statements and then hiding behind the vagueness of them.

:dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->