Post-Game Talk: Habs Will Select 3rd Overall

What do you want to happen with 3rd overall?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Context is everything. Think you missed the point out our discussion.
Not at all. I got the point. You're trying to make us look like haters for saying Zadina is a tier below Svechnikov, wich is just the reality. I'd like to know how much game of each guy you saw..

Dahlin

Svechnikov

Zadina
Rest

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not at all. I got the point. You're trying to make us look like haters for saying Zadina is a tier below Svechnikov, wich is just the reality. I'd like to know how much game of each guy you saw..

Dahlin

Svechnikov

Zadina
Rest

Not what I’m saying at all.

I’m saying Hab fans are never happy no matter what. We had a 70% chance of finishing 5-7 and we lucked out with a 3rd overall and it’s like it’s the worst case scenario for some posters. Add to that the bergevin haters will hate any pick that’s made and blame him for picking the worst possible player no matter who we pick.

That’s was what we were talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27 and FinnHab

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Is the difference between Svech and Zadina big enough for Carolina not to consider a trade to trade down a spot with us?
I think the Canes trade with us for 3OA, 35OA and 56OA for 2OA. I feel like after watching the WJC and seeing the chemistry with Necas and Zadina, they pick Zadina. Even though we lose 2 of our end rounders, It's worth it for Svechnikov. However, If I've learned one thing about Canes fans and that pick, It's that they go ballistic if you even mention moving down one spot and gaining extra assets. Reminds me of Gollum and The Ring.

Reactions: sandviper

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Is the difference between Svech and Zadina big enough for Carolina not to consider a trade to trade down a spot with us?

It makes no sense for us to give up assets to move to 2nd.
If Carolina prefers Zadina, they will pick him 2nd.
If they think Svechnikov is better than Zadina, then I don't see why they would want to trade down to 3rd just to acquire an extra 2nd rounder and pick the worse of the 2 players. Quality >>> Quantity
If they consider Svechnikov and Zadina as equal, then it would depend on how the habs view them. If the habs think Svechnikov >> Zadina then they might be willing to give up a 2nd rounder to move 1 spot.

I don't see a possibility where the habs are willing to give up several assets (ex: two 2nd rounders) just to move to 2nd overall. At best, they would be willing to move a single 2nd round pick imo.

Reactions: DavePeak

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Not what I’m saying at all.

I’m saying Hab fans are never happy no matter what. We had a 70% chance of finishing 5-7 and we kicked out with a 3rd overall and it’s like it’s the worst case scenario for some posters. Add to that the bergevin haters will hate any pick that’s made and blame him for picking the worst possible player no matter who we pick.

That’s was what we were talking about.
Moving up to 3 is great we beat the odds true, but for me, once I knew we were top 3 it was a whole new lottery. IIRC, our odds of getting 2 at that point were way better than 3 and I was really hoping for 1 and so I was disappointed with 3. Just human nature, I guess.

Anyone who ISN’T a bozovin hater by now is a rare creature - but we aren’t true haters - we didn’t start out that way - he’s EARNED the hate. He is an ignoramus.

At this point, everyone has weighed in on what they want bozovin to do with pick 3 and that will keep us all honest.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

You know I'd say yes there is a big enough difference between Svechnikov and Zadina right now. But honestly from all the reading and game I've watched I can't say for sure who is going to have the better NHL career. In my opinion I'd sure fire bet that Zadina is going to have the quieter NHL career but that doesn't mean he's going to put up less points the Svechnikov.

Svechnikov is so good.

Zadina is really really good too.

I'm almost starting to like Zadina more to be honest so I might be biased.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Silky smooth like the Zohan. Can't wait for him to be a Habs
Did you for a moment forget who is still the GM of the Habs? Let me remind you. Take stupid then put stupid in a high pressure situation where he will lose his job if he screws up. Stupid has made asinine moves with no pressure. Can you imagine what he can accomplish with pressure?Milbury and beyond.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
At the Junior Championships Ray Ferraro said that he had Zadina at the two spot in the draft. I respect his hockey opinion a lot and you guys can take his opinion for what it's worth but over the years I found he has made some very insightful comments. For example he was raving about Gallagher when many people - even some posters on this site - were dismissing Gallagher as an NHLer.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
It makes no sense for us to give up assets to move to 2nd.
If Carolina prefers Zadina, they will pick him 2nd.
If they think Svechnikov is better than Zadina, then I don't see why they would want to trade down to 3rd just to acquire an extra 2nd rounder and pick the worse of the 2 players. Quality >>> Quantity
If they consider Svechnikov and Zadina as equal, then it would depend on how the habs view them. If the habs think Svechnikov >> Zadina then they might be willing to give up a 2nd rounder to move 1 spot.

I don't see a possibility where the habs are willing to give up several assets (ex: two 2nd rounders) just to move to 2nd overall. At best, they would be willing to move a single 2nd round pick imo.
Yeah but If im the Canes, im playing mind games with Montreal. If they want Zadina and know Montreal won't pass on Svechnikov at 2nd, then they trade down and take what in their eyes is quality and quanity at the same time.

Last edited:

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Did you for a moment forget who is still the GM of the Habs? Let me remind you. Take stupid then put stupid in a high pressure situation where he will lose his job if he screws up. Stupid has made asinine moves with no pressure. Can you imagine what he can accomplish with pressure?Milbury and beyond.
Get your Tkachuk Jersey ready........:dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad