Confirmed with Link: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky (1 year, $1M)

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah maybe you're right. If we compare with Quebec Nordiques, at least we have a NHL team. A bad one that makes one round of PO once two years and 82 games of NHL. It's better than nothing, yeah !! Winner !!:D:thumbu::naughty:

To respond more seriously about the signing of a player "à la Hemsky", why signing him when you have Hudon, Froese, Carr, Deslauriers, Sherbak and McCarron?

Hemsky was a no risk signing. I don't have a problem with it. It took Julien a little too long to realize he didn't have anything to offer. But other than that, it didn't hurt us.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Where the hell is Hemsky? I thought he started practicing with the team for a while now.

0 point this season... Man.. some people on this board tried to convince me that it was ok to lose Radulov because with some kind of weird logic, Hemsky and Hudon were supposed to replace Radulov's production.

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Hemsky was a no risk signing. I don't have a problem with it. It took Julien a little too long to realize he didn't have anything to offer. But other than that, it didn't hurt us.
Rather than piss away the $ on Hemsky, we couldn't have offered Markov the extra million to play this season?
Why low ball Markov just to waste the $ on Hemsky?
I mean I know why... we're talking about bargain bin over here and that's what he does but still.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Where the hell is Hemsky? I thought he started practicing with the team for a while now.

0 point this season... Man.. some people on this board tried to convince me that it was ok to lose Radulov because with some kind of weird logic, Hemsky and Hudon were supposed to replace Radulov's production.
but Hemsky has so much karakter

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Rather than piss away the $ on Hemsky, we couldn't have offered Markov the extra million to play this season?
Why low ball Markov just to waste the $ on Hemsky?
I mean I know why... we're talking about bargain bin over here and that's what he does but still.

The Hemsky money is unrelated to Markov. Hemsky made pretty much the minimum. If he's not in the lineup, someone else making pretty much the same salary is. If he's put on waivers and sent to Laval, his salary is so low it doesn't count against the cap.

Not paying Markov his worth was an asinine move all on its own merits.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval

CJ could outsmart the teams in our division by rolling 4 lines equally. When you look at our roster, thats kind of how the forward corps is constructed.

Drouin-Plekanec-Hudon
Pacioretty-Danault-Hemsky
Lehkonen-Galchenyuk-Shaw
Byron-McCarron-Gallagher

Roll them at even strength.

:laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I think we might have lost him, has he even been seen? He's sort of like Schlemko before the big reveal but in reverse.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Gallagher replaced Radulov's production from last year, and Hudon replaced Gallagher's production from last year. The issue was, and still is our centres blow.. even with Radulov that doesn't fix having the worst centres in the league.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Gallagher replaced Radulov's production from last year, and Hudon replaced Gallagher's production from last year. The issue was, and still is our centres blow.. even with Radulov that doesn't fix having the worst centres in the league.

Radulov drove the offense like a center though and even just sticking him at center would be better than what we have now lol.

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Radulov drove the offense like a center though and even just sticking him at center would be better than what we have now lol.

The non-resigning of Radulov was a catastrophic mistake and was the moment we were doomed to have a bottom 5 finish. I'll say it: if we didn't have Radulov last year, Pacioretty would have been a 20 goal scorer, the offense would have been just as putrid as it was this year, and we'd be pretty much in the same position we are this year.

Everybody was saying Radulov had us by the balls because he carried the offense and without him we'd be horrible. It came true that the offense was horrible without him and that's why we should have paid him his 8 million dollars. He could use the extra 2 million to pay for extra special back massages and care for carrying the offense on his back all season long.

Reactions: Bryson

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I hope Ales all the best health-wise and hope he goes symptom free once he fully recovers.

I know he still wants to play, and if he's 100%, I wish him the best on any of the other 30-teams that would be available.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The non-resigning of Radulov was a catastrophic mistake and was the moment we were doomed to have a bottom 5 finish. I'll say it: if we didn't have Radulov last year, Pacioretty would have been a 20 goal scorer, the offense would have been just as putrid as it was this year, and we'd be pretty much in the same position we are this year.

Everybody was saying Radulov had us by the balls because he carried the offense and without him we'd be horrible. It came true that the offense was horrible without him and that's why we should have paid him his 8 million dollars. He could use the extra 2 million to pay for extra special back massages and care for carrying the offense on his back all season long.
He never asked 8 for anything. He asked for 7X7 That was his asking price, yet somehow we couldn't negotiate even i the ballbark for term or money. Bad moves to say the least. He earned his 5.75 last season easily, yet we cheaped out at half a million more for our best player. That was all we wanted to give, less than a 10% raise to our best forward last season. Sad.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
He never asked 8 for anything. He asked for 7X7 That was his asking price, yet somehow we couldn't negotiate even i the ballbark for term or money. Bad moves to say the least. He earned his 5.75 last season easily, yet we cheaped out at half a million more for our best player. That was all we wanted to give, less than a 10% raise to our best forward last season. Sad.

Karl Alzner signed at $4.5625M.

Perspective.

MB thought Rads was roughly worth only $1.75M more than Alzner. Take it or leave it.

Molson: Marc Bergevin is a great evaluator of talent.

Here's another piece of crack for ya Geffy. Nah, better make that an 8 ball.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

Well he got 6.25 for 5. I would have given him 8 for 4. Slightly more total money, in less years.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ales "not injury prone" Hemsky played 7 games this season after playing only 15 games last year. :popcorn:

He didn't even complete his 7th game. As the title suggests, he didn't even make it to the end of the first period. He really played 6 games and 1 period.

But I do hope he'll be okay health wise because concussions are no joke. It doesn't just keep you sidelined, it affects your daily life at home.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Pages 1-3
I want to puke.

Oh God... :laugh:

Man, Laval is going to be awesome.

Typical MB move.

Can't sign top 6 long term, goes for a low risk 1 yr contract veteran that's best year are way behind.

This year is wasted. We won't have a better team.

Don't worry about Hemsky taking away playing time from Hudon, he'll probably be on the IR. :laugh:

I have no words

I have 2...injury prone

Great signing, 2009 season should be a good one.

Hmm 1M , this means nothing imo. Insurance plan?

Hemsky at 1 million >>>> Marleau at 6 :laugh:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
For me, every time I start to get optimistic or think maybe this regime isn't so bad, I remember the Hemsky and Streit signings and lose all hope. Two guys who were as done as done could be and even passive fans in neutral markets knew it. But not our GM.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For me, every time I start to get optimistic or think maybe this regime isn't so bad, I remember the Hemsky and Streit signings and lose all hope. Two guys who were as done as done could be and even passive fans in neutral markets knew it. But not our GM.

Alzner is worse than those two. Streit and Hemsky are garbage, but they were one year nothing depth moves. Nothing as horrendous as over-paying a useless, broken down player for a long term.. and doing it before you finish negotiations with two more integral pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->