GDT: HABS @ PENS | Slow Burn | Mar. 31, 2018 7:00pm ET, SN360, CITY, TVA 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil ...

279pms.jpg

Changes are coming to the org., huh?

27h533.jpg

Who's in charge of this supposed new wave of changes?

27f757.jpg

Hanging on every word to get a hint of things to come, this line keeps rearing its ugly head:

"... we will be focused on adding young competitive players that combine speed, skill and character."

- Geoff Molson

What could these speed and character attributes possibly translate to?

Hab fan reactions came swift and scathing, for the most part. Here's a sampling of the alarm-sounding variety...

You will hear about bloodlines and character. Just wait.

How many family members is it up to now ?

Nepotism rules

His uncle played with Bergevin in Hartford.

Absolute warrior ... but doesn't have the world's most dynamic skill set. Great defensively but dubious offensive skill set. The player epitomizes Bergevin's "vision".

Bergevin and Timmins think hockey talent is inherited.

...Hard working with very limited skills... Typical signing for a team that doesn't believe in talent and tries to build a team to win games 2-1.

It's not about hurting.. it's about the philosophy. Hayden Verbeek isn't known for his skills. Pezzetta wasn't known for his skills. There's a clear nepotism angle with Verbeek as well. And their obsession with good bloodlines continues, which means Tkachuk is our pick if he's available. Which is even more scary.

Bergevin signed his pal’s nephew...the insanity continues

...The semi excitement over this guy is mind boggling ... This signing of a 5th year undrafted (twice) player is to fill spots in our empty minor system. It shows how empty our prospects are ... He can't even dominate juniors. NEXT!!!!

We have enough bottom 6 players

at 8-0 even the equipment manager looked good ... this is a personal bone throw from MB to old buddy

MB plan; find more hard-working players with limited skills that coaches love.

Once you have attained the 100% threshold, your team being entirely compose of low skill high character high intangible players you automatically win the cup, it is a well hidden glitch in the system, thats why MB doesn't want to share his plan to other GMs, its better if he keeps it a secret so he can be the first one to get to 100%.

To sum up: nepotism, doing a buddy a SOLID, character, defensive-minded, bottom line potential, bloodlines, overager with a limited skillset, dubious offence, not NHL material ...

Hey, you know what?

2752z1.jpg

27f92m.jpg

Time to update our Illuminati Chart, which doesn't feature the most illuminated sort...

27i3vl.jpg

26tjfi.gif

Lineups (projected)

Habs
Byron - Drouin - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - De la Rose - Lehkonen
Scherbak - L. Shaw - Hudon
Deslauriers - McCarron - Carr

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Lernout

Niemi
Price

Pens
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Sheary - Shehan - Hornqvist
Kuhnhackl - Jooris - Aston-Reese

Oleksiak - Letang
Dumoulin - Schultz
Maatta - Ruhwedel

Murray
DeSmith​

It all feels like a ...

27falj.jpg

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's Warren Rychel's kid not Robert's. This kid is pure grind.

Thank-you, Sir.

That song Slow Burn, is a new release. Has an addictive, dreamy quality to it.

Those of you giving it a listen, let me know what you think.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Thank-you, Sir. Done.

Can you think of any other nepotist connections?

Also, that song Slow Burn, is new release. Has an addictive, dreamy quality to it.

I cannot and I never usually point out any errors with all of the work that you would go through to do this. I pointed it out because a kid of Robet Rychels would not be a target of Bergevin. Slow Burn? Who is the artist, I will give it a listen and I might even download it on my phone for the gym.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I cannot and I never usually point out any errors with all of the work that you would go through to do this. I pointed it out because a kid of Robet Rychels would not be a target of Bergevin. Slow Burn? Who is the artist, I will give it a listen and I might even download it on my phone for the gym.

Kacey Musgraves. Heard her for the first time yesterday. I like the live version, so I changed the clip to what I saw on Colbert yesterday. I'll look forward to your feedback.

By all means, I totally appreciate you letting me know there was an error. It allowed me to correct it. Really appreciated. :)

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Kacey Musgraves. Heard her for the first time yesterday. I like the live version, so I changed the clip to what I saw on Colbert yesterday. I'll look forward to your feedback.

By all means, I totally appreciate you letting me know there was an error. It allowed me to correct it. Really appreciated. :)

I just listened to the artist live on Colbert, she is cool and you get the feeling that she and her music are very real which is rare today. I also want to add that she is a beauty.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

279pms.jpg

27ehc4.jpg

27f757.jpg

Hanging on every word to get a hint of things to come, this line keeps rearing its ugly head:

"... we will be focused on adding young competitive players that combine speed, skill and character."

- Geoff Molson

Hab fan reactions came swift and scathing, for the most part. Here's a sampling of the alarm-sounding variety...

To sum up: nepotism, doing a buddy a SOLID, character, defensive-minded, bottom line potential, bloodlines, overager with a limited skillset, dubious offence, not NHL material ...

Hey, you know what?

2752z1.jpg

27f92m.jpg

Time to update our Illuminati Chart, which doesn't feature the most illuminated sort...

27gru7.jpg

26tjfi.gif

Lineups (projected)

Habs

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Lernout

Niemi
Price

Pens
Guentzel - Crosby - Rust
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Sheary - Shehan - Hornqvist
Kuhnhackl - Jooris - Aston-Reese

Oleksiak - Letang
Dumoulin - Schultz
Maatta - Ruhwedel

Murray
DeSmith​

It all feels like a ...

27falj.jpg

Brilliant! Thanks for that, just what the doctor ordered.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

279pms.jpg

27ehc4.jpg

27f757.jpg

- Geoff Molson

Hey, you know what?

2752z1.jpg

27f92m.jpg

27gru7.jpg

26tjfi.gif

Lineups (projected)

Habs

Reilly - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Benn - Lernout

Niemi