News Article: Habs Let Go 4 Scouts (OHL, BCHL, USHS - Minn/New Eng)

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
He was the one who drafted Sergachev and Mete, so not really sure why this happened

Said on Twitter he still thinks we'll pick a couple of his OHL guys he wanted for the team.

So he alone drafted Sergachev and Mete eh?
That's not how scouting works. I am fairly certain if he was "the guy" that found these prospects he would still me with the team.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
He was the one who drafted Sergachev and Mete, so not really sure why this happened

Said on Twitter he still thinks we'll pick a couple of his OHL guys he wanted for the team.
"he was the only who drafted.. " lol

Per Steve himself, the guys who draft in regions, they simply put their list from guys in that area only, and then Timmins and Churla put the whole list together.

When Dudley moved to the Canes, he talked about how much Dudley helped him learn how to scout, so maybe he was a Dudley hire.

In terms of timing, I guess they would have wait until after the draft and let enjoy it, but the guy already gave in his list/input so no difference to me.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
"he was the only who drafted.. " lol

Per Steve himself, the guys who draft in regions, they simply put their list from guys in that area only, and then Timmins and Churla put the whole list together.

When Dudley moved to the Canes, he talked about how much Dudley helped him learn how to scout, so maybe he was a Dudley hire.

In terms of timing, I guess they would have wait until after the draft and let enjoy it, but the guy already gave in his list/input so no difference to me.
Where did I say only? It's likely he played a large role in drafting those two defensemen.

The Dudley thing is likely

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The only item of interest in respect of Ludzik, other than than being the son of a Bergevin friend and getting fired so close to the draft, is the tweet he deleted yesterday.

Can someone please repost the contents?

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Lol, he only mentioned two players who currently have high potential...didn't mention of the failures...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The tweet he deleted apparently had to do with how the Habs would have selected DeBrincat had they not traded away their 2 second rounders for Shaw.

Only mention I found on twitter has to do with third parties referencing what he had written:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I’d have waited until after the draft simply so another team couldn’t hire him and get inside info on the players we want this year or something similar.

In most cases a guy can't move to another team until July, you'll see a lot of that then. The guys that move before usually come to an agreement wit both teams in terms of what the guy can/can't do. While the habs fired him, he is likely still on the payroll until June 30th can simply can't go work for another team until then.

Ex is Hunter in TO, can't work for another team until like mid July.

Dudley when he first came to Mtl, was allowed to come over mid June but wasn't allowed to be part of the draft.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently has a non-compete clause where he can't work for another team until after the draft. He claims he already has an offer to work for someone else:

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Did that tweet come out before or after his firing?

Could be seen as insubordination.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Lol, he only mentioned two players who currently have high potential...didn't mention of the failures...
He's been here for two years. His history of MTL picks is: Sergachev, Bitten, Mete, Pezzetta. All signed ELCs, two are in the NHL already and a third has a strong chance at making it.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
He is the main OHL scout, and is most responsible for those picks. Do you think it was our Czech scout who picked Mete?

He was not the main OHL scout, he just scouted OHL. it was just his 2nd year scouting in the pros..

Habs have guys that scout area's only, ex Steve, and guys that do cross scouting, what all the junior leagues.

Btw I'm not trying to take anything away for him, he might have been the guy that recommended Mete, I'm just saying he was not making the calls.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
He was not the main OHL scout, he just scouted OHL. it was just his 2nd year scouting in the pros..

Habs have guys that scout area's only, ex Steve, and guys that do cross scouting, what all the junior leagues.

Btw I'm not trying to take anything away for him, he might have been the guy that recommended Mete, I'm just saying he was not making the calls.
You are correct, he might not have been the one to suggest Mete, but I'm sure he had a say and his area has done well during his two years. Seems premature if anything.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
You are correct, he might not have been the one to suggest Mete, but I'm sure he had a say and his area has done well during his two years. Seems premature if anything.

Ya no one really knows.

But I'm kind of guessing, but with Runner77 saying he said he was an offer elsewhere, I can't help but think its tied to Rick Dudley, and he was a Dudley hire.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Ya no one really knows.

But I'm kind of guessing, but with Runner77 saying he said he was an offer elsewhere, I can't help but think its tied to Rick Dudley, and he was a Dudley hire.
That doesn't look like he has an offer to me, he just says if he were to have an offer on the table he wouldn't be able to accept it

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
That doesn't look like he has an offer to me, he just says if he were to have an offer on the table he wouldn't be able to accept it

My bad then.

I think someone said he deleted his tweets, but he referenced the moneyball scene when Billy Beane tells Peter how to cut players, on how things went with Timmins. I couldn't help but he re-watch the movie to catch that scene again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->