Rumor: Habs interested in Maxim Tsyplakov (upd: signed with the Islanders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Looks like a finesse player. Very few penalty minutes throughout his career.

Elvis Gratton: Spa un gros plakov, y fâ pô peur à parsonne.

Those are sub Philippe Maillet numbers

200w.gif

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Sorry, but that isn't a second line that wins you games.
That's not even remotely close to what i said. I specifically stated in my post that if an elite player in his prime is avalaible you do it. It's all fine let's just pretend Evans, Armia, Dvorak, Gallagher, RHP, Pazetta and Anderson are not under contract for next season. Like i said if he's willing to play in the AHL when the team is healthy fine. If he's looking for a sure NHL spot i would pass.

Reactions: Vachon23

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not sure why NHL teams are interested in a guy who's going to be AHL material...

You see a guy who is on a bit of a development curve that you might have previously had support for in the room, and then you take a shot at them on a short term try.

If they're actually on an upward swing, then you've got gold.. if they're not, you cut your losses.

Unless you care about Molson's money, we shouldn't be saying to pass on this opportunity. It's no risk.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
So do you think Karpsiov would have had 120 points last year? Big ices are different. Lot of skilled soft players unable to adapt to the NHL will have success over there. Doesn't make the other players whose skills translate to the NHL better not good.

I don't know if this guy's skills translate to the NHL better than Weal but him not being more productive than Weal means nothing imo. The year Kaprizov had 62 points a certain Linus Omark had 54 points. Omark best NHL season was 27 points.

I was mostly facetious with Weal being a litmus test, but in 2019 Kaprizov wasn't the benchmark, it was guys like Dawes, Omark, Vey, Jaskin because they are for all intents and purposes the 2019 version of Weal and Kaprizov as a 22 year old outplayed them.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I'm not sure why NHL teams are interested in a guy who's going to be AHL material...

Mostly because it's "free" and the likes of Colin White played in the NHL last year. If it doesn't work you just bury him somewhere and forget about it.

Reactions: donghabs98

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He'll be signed to a 1-year ELC because he's 25. But also, he's a European player so he could have been a year or two older and he'd still be eligible for a 1-year ELC.

The cut off date for your age is September 15th. He will turn 26 four days later on the 19th. So it will be considered his 25 year old season.

Like almost everyone, I don't know this player. In fact I had no idea he existed until this thread. I was hearing about Shipashyov and Dadonov before they came over. There was hype about them. But this guy, zero idea.

But looking at his stats, it really jumped this past season. But one other thing I noticed is he's been in the KHL since he was 19. He's played VHL and MHL along the way, but every year since he was 19, he's played mostly KHL.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
That's not even remotely close to what i said. I specifically stated in my post that if an elite player in his prime is avalaible you do it. It's all fine let's just pretend Evans, Armia, Dvorak, Gallagher, RHP, Pazetta and Anderson are not under contract for next season. Like i said if he's willing to play in the AHL when the team is healthy fine. If he's looking for a sure NHL spot i would pass.
5 of the players you listed don't have contracts extending beyond next season and the other two (Anderson and Gallagher) certainly aren't in the team's long term plans. It would be shortsighted to base roster decisions on that logic. Heck, if we did sign Tsyplakov he might have the best chance of everyone listed here of still being with the Habs in '25-'26.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Is he really better those AHLer though ? Not sure
Only one way to find out really….it can’t be worse as those other players have shown not much if anything at all.

Sign him for 2yrs and see what he’s got….doesn’t cut it, trade him to one of those other teams who were interested

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Elliotte Friedman reported on 32 Thoughts that the Leafs and Habs are among the two Canadian teams he has met with and that he is expected to make a decision this week.

He'd probably look real good alongside Suzuki and Slafkovsky. If we are in the running I would be telling him this is exactly where we want you to play. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad