Rumor: Habs Inquired about Loui Eriksson's availability?

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I don't believe the rumor because at Bergevin's post trade deadline press conference he said he wanted to get younger and faster. So then he "may have looked" into acquiring a player who turns 33 in July, with another 4 years at $6million? Yet he was listening on his 29 year old Captain? So are you getting younger? No. Are you getting faster? No. So why lie to the fans again? That is why people are on here pissed off.
Question: What goes up but never comes down? Your age.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
To be honest there's nothing wrong with inquiring. There's everything wrong with accepting if you're just eating the contract. The report says it went nowhere because Bergevin wanted Vancouver to take some of the cap hit and they wouldn't. That tells me that if he tried to do an Alzner for Eriksson -$2M swap, Vancouver was having none of it.

To be honest, this is the most troubling thing.

It clearly indicates a man who has not learnt a damn thing from his past mistakes. He’s still out there haggling, wheeling and dealing trying to snatch up his next reclamation project.

It’s the same pattern with Bergevin, over and over and over again. It’s no wonder he’s one of the most active GMs and has one of the highest trade totals amongst all teams since 2012.. This guy is LITERALLY the NHL’s very own garbage man.

Eriksson solves nothing for us. At 6M a year, 4M a year... Hell I don’t even know if I’d take him at 2M a year. He produces at the same rate as Andrew Shaw, and gives you a far less inspiring performance. We all want Shaw gone at 3.9.

Bergevin needs to stop rooting through other people’s trash.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't believe the rumor because at Bergevin's post trade deadline press conference he said he wanted to get younger and faster. So then he "may have looked" into acquiring a player who turns 33 in July, with another 4 years at $6million? Yet he was listening on his 29 year old Captain? So are you getting younger? No. Are you getting faster? No. So why lie to the fans again? That is why people are on here pissed off.

Wouldn’t be the first time Bergevin trades a player and replaces him with a lesser player 4 years older. Why expect any different?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Bergevin needs to stop rooting through other people’s trash.

Or he needs to root their trash and get draft picks out of picking up their awful players because this club is going nowhere for a long time.

You are correct on the bigger problem, which is calling for Eriksson in thinking he could bring this team back to the playoffs. But if I'm a GM I call every team for their situation on every player and see how it fits my plans. If I can get Eriksson and they will take Alzner but I get their first in 2018 and a second in 2019 for it? I'm not asking for cap to be taken back. But if they don't want any cap taken back and want a team to take him with no cap held back they better be giving me Pettersson or I'm hanging up. But I'm still going to call.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Lololololololol
An anchor for a WINGER lol unless MB was asking for VAN 1st rnd or Petersson than I dont know what to say anymore about MB .

We are dangerously close if not already there to becoming the Laffs pre Shanahan

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I am happy that he said no to the WC this year, his heart isn't in it anymore. He's too busy making babies (4th on the way).

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Eriksson made 8M in salary this year. Ouch. He's owed 20M over the next 4 years (7M, 5, 4, 4)

Alzner made 6M in salary this year, what a joke. He's owed 17.25M over the next 4 years. f*** you MB. also he has a limited NTC, there's 7 teams he can't be traded to

Shaw made 5M in salary this year, but we need to hear about his injury status as he has had several concussions now. He's owed 12.9M over the next 4 years.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Peter Chiarelli of the Bruins basically exchanged Tyler Seguin for Loui Ericksson. That dumb trade plus signing Milan Lucic to a ludicrous 7-year, $6M per season contract cast doubts about his competence as a general manager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad