Rumor: Habs Inquired about Loui Eriksson's availability?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I did hear a team — or teams — called in recent weeks to inquire on Eriksson’s availability via trade.
Impossible you say?
Was told Montreal was one, which would add up because the Habs were in on Eriksson when he was a free agent and their current head coach is Claude Julien who just happens to be the head coach.
As the story goes, Montreal wasn’t going to do anything unless the Canucks retained salary.

The Provies: The Stretcher, the JV18 secret sauce and the showdown with Friedman

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
God, our GM is a moron.

Who looks at this roster and thinks, you know what we need? Another left handed LW. Except this LW is 32 and dramatically overpaid.

Clearly with only Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Drouin, Lehkonen, Hudon and Byron, Montreal needs more left handed wingers.
Exactly what I wanted to say. Why the actual f*** is this guy looking at adding a winger like Eriksson ???

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With salary retained in return for Alzner is about the only way I would have agreed to that trade.

There's the connection with Julien, I guess that's where the interest comes from.

Knowing bergevin, it'll be schlemko + a 5th for eriksson at 35%

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Knowing bergevin, it'll be schlemko + a 5th for eriksson at 35%

I guess dumping Schlemko wouldn't be half bad either, to be fair.

I would think acquiring Eriksson would also mean Pacioretty would be on his way out. Or else it gets way too crowded on the wings.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I guess dumping Schlemko wouldn't be half bad either, to be fair.

I would think acquiring Eriksson would also mean Pacioretty would be on his way out. Or else it gets way too crowded on the wings.

Yeah. in this case habs would be paying 3.9 million for 4 more years at that retention. If it's under 50% I wouldn't be offering anything except alzner who expires the same year but is less of a cap hit and LTIR fodder

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
would easily do this lol. Erikson is still decent enough and you only take on 2 million or so when considering Schlemko on his way out.

The term is the issue. It's a decent deal, but I don't think there's a deal to be made for the canucks unless it's at 50%

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Eriksson is done.

Adding a cooked winger at an atrocious salary is ****ing stupid.

Fire these idiots already.

Other than shaw or alzner who both have comparable terms, it makes no sense for the habs unless the canucks retain 50% or give up nothing (like Schlemko for him)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
it's sad but in less then a year I've gone from being optimistic to expecting the worst possible news every time I hear the Habs did something. So this way if it's not the worst, it's not as bad. Plus I figure he's going to set back the Habs for years to come so really it's just a who gives a f*** until he's fired and takes Lefebvre, CJ, Lapointe, JDD, etc.. with him. Just waiting to see how much worse it gets and try to laugh it off as I wait another decade or more for any hope of seeing another Habs cup run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad