Pre-Game Talk: Habs heading on 401 West

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Big game on National TV. Leafs full of themselves, and with reason. How fun would it be to go into their building and throw them a curve ball. This is one time I wouldn't mind if we won. Would be worth the 2 points just for the reactions from Toronto.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I'm greedy, I want beer
therefore I want the habs to win ( I have a bet) however if we lose that is OK too!

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Big game on National TV. Leafs full of themselves, and with reason. How fun would it be to go into their building and throw them a curve ball. This is one time I wouldn't mind if we won. Would be worth the 2 points just for the reactions from Toronto.

Leafs have matched up very well against us. It helps that our lineup is more mobile and quicker, without Plekanec, injured Weber, Schlemko, etc... But, Leafs should beat us. Only thing I'm wondering is if will be a blowout or a close game.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Who cares about the Leafs. Bum shoulder Mathews and an awful top 4 defence. They will get bounced early.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don't think so. We will see.

Maybe not on paper but the Leafs run and gun style typically doesn’t work in the playoffs. Games are closer, slower and more physical. I think Bergeron makes Mathews look silly. Leafs can’t match up defensively against that line either.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
We're not gonna lose all of our remaining games and Arizona, Buffalo and Vancouver all have bigger tanks. This is a great opportunity to showcase our rookies and fool the Leafs on Saturday night.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Maybe not on paper but the Leafs run and gun style typically doesn’t work in the playoffs. Games are closer, slower and more physical. I think Bergeron makes Mathews look silly. Leafs can’t match up defensively against that line either.

Won 7/8 against them, and 2/3 this season was without Matthews.

Reactions: BTP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad