Habs/Hamilton defense

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
After seeing the playoffs this year, I wouldn't keep half of that defense. Not because they suck, but because the balance is completely off. You need two elite puck movers, and four players with size and physicality to have any chance of winning the Cup. It's a completely different game.

PK
Markov / Beaulieu
Tinordi
Emelin
Drewiske

Everyone else is on the block.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
What I like about the team is that the defense is basically set for years to come. It's just a matter of easying the youngsters in as we go along.

A top-3 of Subban, Beaulieu, Tinordi in the future will be awesome. Plus, the average size of that blueline is like 6'3.

If Emelin doesn't bolt to Russia, that's one heck of a top-4. The remaining guys can be either Dietz, Pateryn, Ellis, Nygren or free agents or some veterans like Bouillon or Markov if he hangs around.

For next season, I have big doubts, but if everyone plays up to their potential and Emelin comes back early, we should be fine. But if everyone plays like in the playoffs........... hello top-5 pick.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
Sign Ty Wishart and Colten Teubert.

Nathan Beaulieu - Greg Pateryn
Ty Wishart -Morgan Ellis
Colten Teubert - Magnus Nygren
-Darren Dietz

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I think Dietz should be a regular, a lot of potential there. But competition is not a bad thing.

I agree but there is a lot of young talent there. Im sure he can rotate with Ellis and then eventually play full time when there is an injury or call-up.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
No way. Why?

He was awful defensively this year. Took a large step backwards compared to last year. The parts of his game that will translate to the NHL are hitting and fighting. If he can't work on the defensive side of the game he may be better served converting to forward. Could be a Prust type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad