Do we overcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Pretty fatalistic of you, but understandable that some fans have essentially given up hope until they prove otherwise. I was close, but am back from the brink. My expectations have disappeared but along with that, I can just enjoy it game by game now.

Give up hope? Nah. I am here doing this. I still have hope. I never say never. I just realize that thinking they need a better hockey team isn't the answer. They have had as good or better a hockey team as they will ever again have. Being a juggernaut didn't do the trick. Its something else. Juggernaut is unnecessary. TB has run into a bit of the mid season blues and the Caps could string 3 or 4 wins and catch them.

Its not hope that I have given up, Its expectations. Ive given up setting my schedule around them. I see them when I can. This is already a better team than most thought it would be. Holtby is doing his best Jose Theodore impression. Oshie looks damaged. Backstrom and Kuzy aren't a lot of help. They are being carried by Ov and Carlson, who have the posters want to trade or not keep. Where are they if 70, 19, 77 and 92 return to form?

Lastly. Ive said this before. They are used to winning in the regular season. They expect to win. They will find a way to win. If they could carry that over to the playoffs they would be a dynasty. For now, they are going to keep winning no matter how bad their stats look.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
It was a bad game. Total stinker.

Worst part is it allows all the “sky is falling posters” to crow and continue their meme about how awful the team is.

Awful = 1st place. Least, for another few days.

It’s just a sport. If you can’t enjoy it at least a little bit, then :dunno:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Give up hope? Nah. I am here doing this. I still have hope. I never say never. I just realize that thinking they need a better hockey team isn't the answer. They have had as good or better a hockey team as they will ever again have. Being a juggernaut didn't do the trick. Its something else. Juggernaut is unnecessary. TB has run into a bit of the mid season blues and the Caps could string 3 or 4 wins and catch them.

Its not hope that I have given up, Its expectations. Ive given up setting my schedule around them. I see them when I can. This is already a better team than most thought it would be. Holtby is doing his best Jose Theodore impression. Oshie looks damaged. Backstrom and Kuzy aren't a lot of help. They are being carried by Ov and Carlson, who have the posters want to trade or not keep. Where are they if 70, 19, 77 and 92 return to form?

Lastly. Ive said this before. They are used to winning in the regular season. They expect to win. They will find a way to win. If they could carry that over to the playoffs they would be a dynasty. For now, they are going to keep winning no matter how bad their stats look.

You’re here what, supporting your self proclaimed new rooting interest the Canes? Lol...

Lost hope was incorrect, lost faith is more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->